It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google redirecting links??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I just read the thread about recent Anon activity and try to do a quick Google search about monsanto and anonymousirc and it redirected me to this page

www.dallasapartmentsguide.com...

Strange?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hmm, strange indeed. With the searchwords given by you, When feeling lucky, directly to this thread !

Probably somewhere on your pc a problem? Virus?
edit on 3/7/11 by WeirdOldDude because: ooooopsie!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
that's not the only thing google does, but keep in mind, google is no independent company, you simply do not scale that fast and that high in the virtual without the backing and approval. To make it even more clear, the new hype around google + is simply another fishing net to capture those who are not using facebook and more will follow through twitter who is also working on its own social network similar to facebook and now google + . They need to know who you know, how you know them, what are you discussing and what are your intentions.

stay alert.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
while i aknowledge that google has been employing some shady tactics wich make some things totally get missed by its spiders, or things that were indexed in the past no longer showing up.

types of malware redirecting links is a far more common threath that people barelly notice, and it exists on more computers than those with none.

the only way to keep a windows based system clean is like formatting it daily...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElliotNoir
...and it redirected me to this page

Dont blame google.
You've got malware.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
while i acknowledge that Google has been employing some shady tactics which make some things totally get missed by its spiders, or things that were indexed in the past no longer showing up.

Types of malware redirecting links is a far more common threat that people barely notice, and it exists on more computers than those with none.

The only way to keep a windows based system clean is like formatting it daily...

Why not run a Sandbox, or run your machine in Virtual mode, and that way the core stuff stays pristine?

... or are there ways around a VM? ...

I once had a hack which put Win inside it's - (the hack's) own shell and ran Win as a VM!! .. I am still not sure it is gone!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You do remember that the top Google REP in Egypt was the one who started the Facebook Revolution?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

since the VM is operating windows it can get infected too.

and yes there is a "way" around VM's, just make sure you disable shared folders

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
had some fun with who ever they were last year in boston, i opened my machine and enabled it as a hotspot, the pc had nothing in there other than the system default and the hdd that was some old unit i had laying around as it was more or less slow and on its way out after five years of usage, had also changed the mac address and so on. Within a week of it being 24/7 as a hotspot it managed to have two different key loggers installed with all the bling behind it, screen captures and bots running without them showing up in the task manager. The shell was pretty much #ed some setting's were also altered within the bios.

It took me about a month of on and off allocated time to find the general location of who was accessing the computer on a more than regular basis. Some people were using it to gain simple internet access for the normal surf and stuff but other's wanted to damage or create the machine as a slave for various reasons. So all in all, one must be on his toes regardless of what os system he or she is running. Funny enough i like how i see people in this site using the -(so)- to reference the owner of this site, system override

edit on 3-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You have malware
I was infected with the 2Search rouge program the 2 looked like a hand written #2 and the word Search in the url
Everything was tried bleeping computer could not help.I finaly had to wipe the disc and reinstall windows 7

Try super antispyware ..its free and works in all but something like I cought on my computer
use CCleaner to remove junk that acumulates..keep the super antispyware up to date and use it weekly you will be surprised at what it catches
I also run avira as my anti virus and Windows firewall
Good luck and I hope this works for you .
edit on 3-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Be careful with that virus! I had a google redirect virus 2 months ago and it eventually redirected me to a page which downloaded a virus that wiped all of the data off of my hard disk and tried to burn it up!

Now I use a free Linux based OS called Ubuntu and it has been going well so far...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Be careful with that virus! I had a google redirect virus 2 months ago and it eventually redirected me to a page which downloaded a virus that wiped all of the data off of my hard disk and tried to burn it up!

Now I use a free Linux based OS called Ubuntu and it has been going well so far...

The 2Search virus screwed up my computer when I double clicked its url I got a torrent download that filled my hard drive and caused a crash.
Another good free antispyware is Spybot..Search and Destroy

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
on one of my pc's i run key scrambler along with spy shelter and the avg all are full and purchased versions along with other goodies that are not on the market but rather a merger of many source codes from here and there, if i detect multiple incoming attempts then i switch on the linux via a usb running back track, then we play ball.

Keep in mind the more the internet is merging into a single conglomerate and under the assumption that we can offer you protection is when you need to hit the books or screen and begin to take things into your own hands. As i mentioned above, it is very scary violent virtual world out there and the social networks are going to be the next source of online data mining not only for governments but for hackers to. To install an antivirus and feel you are protected is simply wrong. Oh yes, and never run your machine in administrator mode when your having fun on the internet.

top topics

join