It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

your the violent kind then are you? you believe in fighting instead of talking.

anger and hatred ruining through your veins and you just wanna lash out at the mouthy defenseless fat kid.

grow up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only reason I'm defending is because it seems you jumped to the conclusion that it was a democrat who was assaulting/heckling, and I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion. So only democrats hate Beck? And then you expect all democrats to apologize for that?Yeah, you got a solid argument there.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
reply to post by beezzer

The only reason I'm defending is because it seems you jumped to the conclusion that it was a democrat who was assaulting/heckling, and I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion. So only democrats hate Beck? And then you expect all democrats to apologize for that?Yeah, you got a solid argument there.

Just turning the tables. When a conservative attacks or is accused of attacking, then we as conservatives get caught up in the accusations.
Who else though, would attack Beck? Either a prog or Soros himself.

Really.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I understand where you're coming from, it most likely was a democrat, but that is not a fact. All I'm saying is that, me as an Independent, can not stand him, so it's possible that not only democrats hate him. I would defend republicans if the tables were turned and some CNN dork was assaulted/harassed. I hope my stance is cleared up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Kaploink

it was intentional, right?

no guts to throw it in her face, cowards.

if it was an accident, he would have said so.

Most likely it was just a spur of the moment thing when they recognized Glen Beck. So, perhaps intentional but not premeditated.

A bigger concern than this one incident is how wide spread the angry liberal threat will become against conservative celebrities.

How long until couscous or bean sprouts are thrown at conservative celebrities? It could even escalate to organic tofu being tossed!

edit on 29-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
reply to post by beezzer

I understand where you're coming from, it most likely was a democrat, but that is not a fact. All I'm saying is that, me as an Independent, can not stand him, so it's possible that not only democrats hate him. I would defend republicans if the tables were turned and some CNN dork was assaulted/harassed. I hope my stance is cleared up.

I would NOT defend a conservative if Keith Olbermann (or his wife) was attacked. For one, he's doing more damage to his belief system keeping him on the air. Two, it's just not right.

But that is just me.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by mishigas

Throwing wine on someone is not an assault. It's throwing wine on someone. Punching someone, kicking someone, THAT is an assault.

Ummmm yeah actually throwing wine on someone IS assault.So is spitting on someone,etc.....
And this wasn't done to Beck, it was done to a member of his family- if it was done to him maybe you could make the argument that he should "expect" such things- but they did it to his wife for crying out loud....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nevermind you're right.. you guys aren't consistently moronic.

Splashing someone with a drink should be considered assault. We should lock up people for us.

When did it become implicit that the bigger man is the one that denounces name calling?
When we see someone being utterly moronic should we allow them to continue on blissfully unaware?
I think we should call them on it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

No.. it's not.
Yeah if you are a cop it's assault because they look for any reason to arrest you and maybe you could get away with getting someone in trouble for doing those things (though not likely), but no it's not assault. I can't imagine having someone splash a drink on me and have the words "i've been assaulted leap to mind."
People like that are part of what's wrong with this country.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
People making excuses because of political ideology is what is wrong with this country.

But go ahead, make excuses. Dance for your "leaders". Dance for your "party". Apply a double standard as it suits you.

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Kitilani

progressive/liberal tree huggers of course!

whom do you think yells that?

No, no one yells that. I could see some vulgar name or "neo-con shill" or media whore or you know, something derogatory. True conservatism is not hated. The people that wear its mask and do the dirty work of others are. I have never in my life heard anyone say they hated "conservatives."

Oh I have. Many times and many places. And just know that the hate comming from the left is very real. Once in college during a lecture no less I heard a PHD who just happened to be talking about the "progressives" he was one, state that if he had it his way the local campus street preacher would be arrested, locked up, rights of free speech shut down ect ect. He was a very angry man.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Any person who intentionally attacks my family will either end up in the morgue or the hospital. My political views are protected by the US Constitution - acts of random violence are not.

Most of the time people are going to be stronger and faster than you. Nothing you can do then. Stay home. Youre safe there but

... on the other side of the coin if this story was real why no photos, or why didnt he press charges? The police would of loved to help him out.

I know 2 girls that were raped by Israeli's. Israeli's are rapists. Hey it works.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I find this ironic and laughable. Beck makes his living provoking people and stirring hornets nests. He riles up millions of his faithful to protest against bogeymen. He propogandizes and distorts history, all to agitate his followers. He has actively called for the "taking out" of people and jokes about poisoning liberal leaders. He LITERALLY calls the other side the ENEMY and the problem with what's wrong with America. Beck makes it pretty clear he'd be happy if all those people died or were otherwise disposed of.

WTF does he expect. He takes a stroll among he avowed enemies, among the people he says are the problem with America and he expects sweet smiles and "howdy!"? He is damned lucky he was not beat the hell up, chopped up into little pieces and fed to wild dogs.

WTH. This is like Hitler whining about mistreament upon taking a stroll with Eva in the Warsaw ghetto.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have no party.
I just use reasoning and logic.

Pathetic? You are a member of the given pacifying "revolution" known as the tea party and proudly display it under your name. I would liken that to jewish people showing off these "sweet free stars" and smiling completely unaware.
edit on 29-6-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Beck and his funny guys could make hay with this if it were the other way around.

They would say it was a false flag OP. The great wine tossing....thing. Like the Chi Town 7! Isnt Beck German? See they know all about these ff ops. Germans are very crafty!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Well see Beck thinks he is the Mohandas Gandhi of sort of the right. Rush would take a golf club to they ass and I just couldnt fathom what would happen if some smuck spilled wine on Mark Levin. It would go old school in 5,4,3,2,1.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

When recovering personal injury damages, traditionally assault requires actual physical injury, or severe mental anguish. However, battery could be proven whenever there was an offensive touching, even without injury. Offensive touching would include getting a drink thrown in your face.

Source: personal-injury.lawyers.com...

TextThrowing water on someone can be considered an assault and battery in both criminal and civil cases.

Source: answers.yahoo.com...

it's an unwanted touching, whether with a body part, an object, a liquid, or any other method under the control of the subject causing the touch, it can be charged as a battery (lumped in with assault in some states). Even if it doesn't cause damage or injury.

Source: www.expertlaw.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Oh I have. Many times and many places. And just know that the hate comming from the left is very real. Once in college during a lecture no less I heard a PHD who just happened to be talking about the "progressives" he was one, state that if he had it his way the local campus street preacher would be arrested, locked up, rights of free speech shut down ect ect. He was a very angry man.

It is quite right and fair for progressives to hate MODERN conservatives (aka Christofascists). Why? Because progressives/liberals just want to live and let live and are tolerant of all others who are tolerant. Conservatives want to force you to live like them.

It is intellectually dishonest and simple lie to equate the two as equally valid positions. They are not. Conservatives seek to impose their will on others, by force if necessary. That makes them fascist and it makes it moral to oppose them. Sorry, neocon theocrats, I won't accept your repression so stop whining when those you seek to subjugate don't call you "neighbor."
edit on 29-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

*Ouch*
Harsh.

Lemme guess. You're a member of the Apathy Party.
The elections are all rigged-
they are all the same-
president _________ is a puppet of the NWO-
we have no hope. . . . .
blahblahblah

Great day to be Apathetic? Meh.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Because progressives/liberals just want to live and let live and are tolerant of all others who are tolerant. Conservatives want to force you to live like them.

Conservatives seek to impose their will on others, by force if necessary.

You're joking,right??
It's the Liberals who are trying to tell everyone what kind of car they have to drive, what kind of food they have to give their children, what words they can or can't say, even down to what kind of light bulb you have to use in your own home......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join