It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, idiots and lack of sensibilities!! WTF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
IMHO only a fool would say that God does not exist. We did not create ourselves out of nothing, so that leaves only one answer. Someone or Something put us here, if you don't want to say "God" then at least say that you believe in a Creator because that is a fact no matter how you cut it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
IMHO only a fool would say that God does not exist. We did not create ourselves out of nothing, so that leaves only one answer. Someone or Something put us here, if you don't want to say "God" then at least say that you believe in a Creator because that is a fact no matter how you cut it.

What created the Creator?

You see - - I believe in the "what".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It doesn't matter, the bottom line is something brought us into existence, would you not agree.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Today's practiced religions are no more real than any of the religions practiced by people living in Ancient times. They are all just myths and nothing more. Jesus is no more real than Apollo, Horus or Thor. Religion is a concept created by those in power to keep the masses in check.

The sad thing about it all is that believers expose their offspring to religion before they have the maturity to discern for themselves whether what they are being told is true or not. Children will blindly accept the words of adults as truth even when obviously false on so many levels. And that is the biggest problem with religion, the brainwashing begins at childhood. When it is something that you have known for most of your life, how could it be wrong?

If people could learn to be good to each other without the dogmatic influence of religion. This world would be a much nicer place to live. Sadly, I doubt that day will ever arrive. People are weak-minded and too afraid of not having an afterlife to ever completely abandon religion.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

Well, when someone thinks a measuring cup is the only object to measure with of course they're not going to understand situations in which something else like a scale required.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It doesn't matter, the bottom line is something brought us into existence, would you not agree.

Some thing?

Not Some One?

Some kind of science explainable reaction?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Some thing?

Not Some One?

And what kind of science can explain it? I agree with the "Something" because there is no other answer. Unless one really excepts that "Nothing created us". Like I said there is no way around the fact that you were created, and since that is fact one really has no choice but to believe in a higher power, some just chose to not use the label "God".

edit on 29-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Do you want to know what created us?

Do you really want to know?

Our creator is.......

...chance.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

reply to post by Annee

Our creator is.......

...chance.

I agree.

I think consciousness is just electric signals (or something like that). Part of evolving.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Which is really no more provable than a creator when you get right down to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Our creator is.......

...chance.

That's impossible, everything is to perfect in creation (personal life not included). If your right then this "chance" is pretty darn smart all by itself. How else could it have done such things without some form of intelligence?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And you cannot imagine how it would be possible that both you and your opposite are correct? Just on the basis as to what exactly consciousness is.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

reply to post by Annee

And you cannot imagine how it would be possible that both you and your opposite are correct? Just on the basis as to what exactly consciousness is.

Well - - I don't think humans are the first intelligent life-form.

I actually think humans are more of a creation from a more advanced life-form.

There's been a whole lot going on since the universe (or whatever) came into existence by chance. Who knows what came before us.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Agreed somewhat. I think our origins will always be a muttled mess of trends in thought with the bickering neverending.

But that wasn't what I was asking. Can you not imagine a possibility in which consciousness is electrical signals and so much more?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Annee

Agreed somewhat. I think our origins will always be a muttled mess of trends in thought with the bickering neverending.

But that wasn't what I was asking. Can you not imagine a possibility in which consciousness is electrical signals and so much more?

Oh yeah.

Was just trying to keep it simple.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

If you don't understand what I'm saying,..I'm sorry, I can't explain it for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If you don't understand what I'm saying,..I'm sorry, I can't explain it for you.

How could I ever understand something that has not been explained to me?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Which is really no more provable than a creator when you get right down to it.
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Precisely.

"God" is not some living breathing entity residing in some magical place. "God" is an inconceivable force. We are not meant to understand what "God" is.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The truth cannot be explained. It is realized.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

By not answering the question? Please understand I'm not attacking you. I do respect your viewpoint if not what I percieve *falable as perception is admittingly* as your approach. I think both of you are flinging your opinion spun as fact at each other.

My point was the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. To be honest I think we'll never truly know one way or the other and think it's a good thing we won't. Well, after we have to learn to not take dissent in opinion so personally. I think the larger question is just too big and us in our current state are incapable of answering it.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join