It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome comic ellaborating the truth about freemasonry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So you're telling me you believe in demons? Would that make you a good God fearing Christian then? When it comes to these old stories, and Wikipedia, I take them with a grain of salt.

Of course I think such things exist or existed, just like I think there is a god/creator of all there is. It's not so far fetched really, if we did not think these things existed we would not be here in the secret sociaty forum and masonry would no longer be part of the conspiracy theories you see around.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You:

Originally posted by pepsi78
From what I know Goat means head, From Capricorn that is asembled from capri, and corn capri/cap meaning head and corn meaning horn, henche the word capricorn.

Me:

Originally posted by Augustusmasonicus
Capricorn is literal for 'horned goat' as in a male goat...

You later:

...but it also means horned goat.

Nice to see you actually learned something for once Captain Obvious. You can thank me later.

edit on 30-6-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Goat means head, it also means goat of course as in the animal the goat, it is you who is in doubt not me.

edit on 1-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Of course I think such things exist or existed, just like I think there is a god/creator of all there is. It's not so far fetched really
I have put the idea of demons on the fantasy shelve as I see no evidence that they exist. The existence of God, on the other hand, I see evidence of his creation all around us. I think there are many ways to interpret the old texts and not all necessarily involve supernatural beings.

if we did not think these things existed we would not be here in the secret sociaty forum and masonry would no longer be part of the conspiracy theories you see around.
Funny, I always thought the reason for secret societies was to hide from the murderous inquisitions conducted by the Catholic church throughout history. Now there one might find some true to life demons. The mind is a powerful thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I have put the idea of demons on the fantasy shelve as I see no evidence that they exist. The existence of God, on the other hand, I see evidence of his creation all around us. I think there are many ways to interpret the old texts and not all necessarily involve supernatural beings.

If daemons were out of your reach how could you see them ? Let's say they are locked in some other room and you are locked in another room, you can't hear, you can't see them, how do you want to see them.
There are many stories with malefic spirits doing things, always when they are invoked, invited.

Funny, I always thought the reason for secret societies was to hide from the murderous inquisitions conducted by the Catholic church throughout history. Now there one might find some true to life demons. The mind is a powerful thing.

No, you should look at sociaties that take no cover at all, masonry does, some don't, they are into goat sacrifice and drinking goat blood, since were talking about goats plus many many other things.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Goat means head...

Sure it does.

caper -ri, m. A. Lit., a he-goat

Hmm, nothing about heads there.

...it is you who is in doubt not me.

A more useful employment of the contents of your capitis (head) may acutally lead to you learing something.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A He-goat is Caper. A She-goat is Capra there is little diffrence. They all bear the notion of the head.

It's :
CAP-RA
CAP-ER
CAP-RI

wordinfo.info...:achieve
capit-, capt-, cap-, cep-, ceps-, chapt-, chef, cip-
(Latin: head; leader, chief, or first)

A more useful employment of the contents of your capitis (head) may acutally lead to you learing something.

You are just reapeating what I say, goat means head, it is your unability to notice with what you state there you are just reafirming what I say male goat or female goat is the same thing.

Capital, from the head of the state(CAP-ital) The word CAP-STONE, the head stone at the top (the head)

Here is a cap stone. You got the piramid and at the top the CAP stone with the head and the eye.

You should look at this word.
de·"CAP"·i·tat·ed for your own amusment.

It's like I said:

wordinfo.info...
Hedgehogs are known for their spiky, spiny coats. The Italian capriccio is a combination of capo, "head" and riccio, "hedgehog", and its original meaning was "hedgehog head", a description of someone so frightened or astonished that the hair on his, or her, head "stood on end".

Secondary.

dictionary.reference.com...
Origin:
Capricious comes, via French, from Italian capriccio, a shivering, a shudder, finally (influenced by Italian capra, goat) a whim, from capo, head (from Latin caput) + riccio, hedgehog (from Latin ericius). The basic idea is that of a head with hair standing on end, like the spines of a hedgehog.

Now for corn.

1375–1425; late Middle English corne < Anglo-French, Middle French < Latin cornū horn, hence a horny hardening of the cuticle. See cornu

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Guy who knows nothing about Latin:

Goat means head...

Guy who wrote Latin dictionary:

Nothing about heads there.

Stop. You are just being foolish again.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Secondary.

Origin:
Capricious comes, via French, from Italian capriccio, a shivering, a shudder, finally (influenced by Italian capra, goat) a whim, from capo, head (from Latin caput) + riccio, hedgehog (from Latin ericius). The basic idea is that of a head with hair standing on end, like the spines of a hedgehog.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Caper is head.

searchwarp.com...
Slavic : " 'kazhbishchie", from " 'ka'zati", " 'skazati", as in Ukrainian "ka'zannia". The stem can also be observed in the Baltic Languages "kalba", thus " 'kalbyshche" or " ''kaprishche" from the Latin " 'caper". Also, interesting one-stem words will be " 'galba" (Baltic), " ' galva" (head), " 'kapli/yshche" (Old Slavic - the place of worshipping).

From capricorn.

www.constellationsofwords.com...
“A hood (capitulum) is commonly called a capitulare. This is also called a cappa (i.e. another word for 'hood,' or perhaps 'kerchief'), because it has two tips like the letter kappa, or because it is an ornament for the head (caput).” [The Etymologies of Isidore of Seville, 7th century AD, p.390.]

From caper Word definition.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English cap < Middle French < Old Provençal < Vulgar Latin *capum for Latin caput head

Caper will produce the same result as Capra because it starts with the same Head.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

You keep quoting Italian, French, Romain and Baltic. Just remember:

Call me when your Latin dictionary is published (I am sure it is imminent due to your vast Latin language knowledge), we may all take you a bit more seriously then.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

1 You do not have a source.(link)
2 Caper is the male goat, examples have been provided with it.

www.babylon.com...
caper
N M
he-goat| billy-goat; goatish/armpit smell; star in Auriga (L+S); grunting fish

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
LOL that comic is so stupid.
the work of Christians nuts.
and I dont like masons.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

1 you do not have a source.

Cassell's Latin Dictionary is the source. You know, that book (thing with words in them) that I told you to use.

2 Caper is the male goat, examples have been provided with it.

Which is what I told you earlier. Use your capitis (head).

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

www.babylon.com...
caper
N M
he-goat| billy-goat; goatish/armpit smell; star in Auriga (L+S); grunting fish

Examples have been provided for caper, capra, capricorn linked to the head.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Examples have been provided for caper, capra, capricorn linked to the head.

Once again, for the Latin-impaired:

Read. Learn.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Examples have been provided to you, from dictionaries and other sources.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Examples have been provided to you, from dictionaries and other sources.
How about the Oxford English Dictionary, perhaps the best linguistic resource ever compiled?

Etymology: < French capricorne or < Latin capricornus ‘goat-horned’ (the Zodiacal sign), < caper, capr-um goat + cornu horn; compare Greek αἰγόκερως.
No head.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Origin:

Capricorn is a derivative from latin

wordinfo.info...:27
Latin: head; leader, chief, or first
capit-, capt-, cap-, cep-, ceps-, chapt-, chef, cip-

Moving on, the word templar from temple derived from Tempus and tempo meaning time.
It is clear that the templars make refrence to time saturn/capricorn the goat.

This makes alusion to the unfinished pyramid from the great seal with the eye, the unfinished temple.

From father time and the virgin with Hiram Abif

www.phoenixmasonry.org...
The broken column denotes the untimely death of our Grand Master Hiram Abiff; the beautiful virgin weeping, the temple unfinished

Hiram abif king of tyre and the solomon temple.

masonic.wikidot.com...
Hiram was one of the most noted of all the Kings of Tyre; he was contemporaneous with both David and Solomon, and on intimate terms with both. Like Solomon, he was much disposed to mysticism

We are reminded of king solomon and the Ring he was provided with, this again makes a connection to Saturn/Capricorn. With king solomon controling entities with "the ring" Controling the collective as a king.

This brings us to the seal of solomon.

The six-pointed star is called the talisman of Saturn and it is also referred to as the Seal of Solomon.

The collective, the ring.

This makes a underline like movies such as lord of the ring, who has the ring controls the others, part of the hollywood occult movie productions, with the eye of saturn THE "CAP"(head) STONE (capstone) of the pyramid with the eye. The goat the head.

Part of the future collective where in the future "there is no individuals" A SICK and Twisted plot by fraterities such as your self for the need to control others, too bad THERE IS NO KING, and there will never be one for the sake of freedom and sovereignty of each person. People don't know that by going deep into the material world they get to be controlled by sick people and do things they would not normaly do. They get to be part of the collective.

I would say, never give power to old drunk men to run the world.

I would say this is a very good drescription of what the templars were and who they worshiped.

It is no interpretation.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

If daemons were out of your reach how could you see them ?
Demons are out of my reach because they do not exist. I do, however, believe in the power of human thought to invoke such 'demon like' behavior in people. No magic here, just ignorance and blind faith.

There are many stories with malefic spirits doing things, always when they are invoked, invited.
Where you see malicious invisible creatures I see ignorant superstitions and the power of human thought.

they are into goat sacrifice and drinking goat blood
If they were into sacrificing a goat to the B-B-Q pit and drinking beer then I'm in.
Seriously though, I see your attempt to link Capricorn to a goat head. Even if this were true what does it matter. I feel as though I'm reading the middle of a long conversation between you and others here in this thread and I don't see the significance of it all.

Let's say that some cult actually does sacrifice goats, worships their head and drinks their blood. So what, outside of being gross. You honestly belive that this will somehow invoke evil demons? Even if this were so, let's dispel these evil creatures by way of Love and Understanding of Truth.

I fail to see the relevance of this to the OP even if what you're suggesting were true.
My take on secret societies is that they're the bane of democracy so maybe we're in agreement there.
Demons, the devil, hell and all other invisible malicious creatures are nothing more than the wild imagination of a superstitious and ignorant mind. By ignorant I mean no disrespect to anyone. It is simply the not knowing of what we do.

The power of the human mind is amazing and through thought humans can invoke all sorts of things both considered good and bad. How you construct your reality is directly related to your thoughts. Do you wish to spend your time on Earth thinking of the evil doings from secret societies that may or may not be true, contemplating and perhaps invoking the idea of demons, hell and the devil? Or do you wish to spend your time thinking of love and contemplating and perhaps invoking the idea of heaven?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join