It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee - Be Water My Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So what do think about bruce lee's philosophy? be water my friend

edit on 27-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
My sons and I have always been Lee fans.

"Be Water my Friend" - This guy had his Moon, Mercury, Mars and Venus in the water sign Scorpio he was never going to be anything else. This man made fluidity an art form, he is sadly missed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

True say linda , i always wondered his death!! sometimes it doesn't make sense.Ever seen his wife in emotional state?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My uncle loved, and I mean loved Bruce Lee which naturally rubbed off on me. One of the greatest martial artists in our life time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Yes I saw the film they made. She and I share the same name. I can't imagine how she copes with having lost both her husband and her son.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
He is speaking of a Taoist principle (wu wei) meaning action without action.
wu wei is associated with water. Google Taoism and find out more.
The first time I read about wu wei it reminded me instantly of bruce lee saying "the art of fighting without fighting".

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
His fighting techniques JKD are a mix of all the effective moves in martial arts. JKD is not a martial art .. It's an idea. It is to adapt your own style of fighting, and that's why he was fed up with the traditional way of fighting. That is why he says "Be water.." ...He means you should be free in your type of art. Do whatever YOU want, that best fits you.

Like myself, I do "Jujutsu".. I've learned to adapt my own fighting techniques rather then to use 'Jujutsu's', I find it when they tell me to do it their way, it works, but it doesn't work to the best of my ability, so I do my own technique and it works, I've branched off from their work and created my own. That is why when you're out in the streets, you shouldn't rely upon your "Martial Art" techniques to back you up, half the time, they will fail.. (Well, depends how much experience you have) That's why you need to adopt your own free art, and be water.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by penfold

He is actually talking about Wing Chun, he was a student of the famous Yip Man and an incredible practicioner of Wing Chun before he added to it forming Jeet Kune Do.

There is a famous saying in Wing Chung, “we are like water, we find the route of least resistance to destroy and consume the structure, we stick, we flow, we use, and water is the strongest and most tactile of all elements”.

new topics

top topics

join