It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

content control and thread promotion on ATS : 100% distraction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My name is Hussein.
I don't care!!!

I am a scientist.
I don't care!!!

Why did it even get your attention??

edit on 27-6-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

I wrote a thread it stayed up for 10 min than disappeared what a disappointment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oh yes, Hussein and the scientist... plus many others.

The way I see it, if a new member cannot comply with the 20 post rule and decides to make an attempt at a thread the first time around, then they are not credible.

If it looks to good to be true, it most likely is, or its just plain dis-info which means we must have struck a nerve somewhere.

Remember the 80 some year old Freemason?
All the intro forums claiming they have inside info on ET disclosure.
Intros with predictions of DOOM-CHAKA-LAKA!

Distractions imo...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
There is that "minus" thingy next to the thread title on the recent posts page. Just click that and it all goes away.
You can even customize your own ATS page for your personal likes/dislikes and totally ignore all the fluff and bluster.

Beez
edit on 27-6-2011 by beezzer because: b

You mean I just have to push that minus thingy and I don't have to see threads I don't want?? Wow. thanks! I didn't know what the minus thingy was for. OMG I'm going to start minus thingy-ing like there's no tomorrow

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
so what's the purpose of this moving/promoting thread trend ATS rulers ?

It's automatic, based on flags and date -- the two highest flagged threads initiated in the previous 36 hours are automatically shown at the top of the site home. "ATS management" has no input on the matter.

i don't understand these promotions; the flag system is biased

Yes. Biased in favor of the topics ATS members flag the most.

who really control the content of this website ?

The members, as described above.

who decides to move to promote (as opposed to move to hide as this happens very often and discussed in countless threads so no need to elaborate on this again)

Who decides? Read above.

"Move to hide?" Explain what you believe is described in "countless threads."

the decent contributors of this space should take over the control of the content, over the owners, over the "mods", over the sock puppets, but it'd need a synchronization/collaboration that'd be a hell of a work and i believe we also have other things to do in our lives (as opposed to those owners/mods/sockpuppets).

So you're advocating some kind of coup such that a small group of self-appointed content police have exclusive discretion of which topics are worthy of remaining available?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My bookmark is not the front page of ATS (because the top threads are always pointless) I go straight to the recent posts page.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I quite liked the scientist thread
why can't we all live together in perfect harmony instead of all this bickering. Just saying

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
why can't we all live together in perfect harmony instead of all this bickering. Just saying

I sort of took the scientist thread to be all about bickering (he basically said he comes on ATS to laugh at ridiculous theories because "he's a scientist" isn't that fertile ground for bickering? "I'm better than you" mentality).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Divide and Conquer

Its the best strategy for sites like this. keep the people pissed and arguing with each other. Don't buy into it ATS. Don't judge others, especially those who seem to be passively insulting. better to just move on, don't waste your time and energy on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Easy on the minus thingy. What it does is hide the entire forum that the thread is in, not just the thread itself. If you do end up hiding forums you would like to keep on your recent posts page, just click the show removed forums under the title, next to the page quick links.

As for the "controlled" content on ATS, it is driven by members. The management here has said so time & time again. If you think they are lying, well there is a whole big world wide web out there to discover.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

You complain about the same useless trash which you have presented here right now. Are you acting like we are not aware. No offense but seriously, you are getting the same flags which you complaining about other treads which are at least a little more entertaining than yours (because of the story line).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I sort of took the scientist thread to be all about bickering (he basically said he comes on ATS to laugh at ridiculous theories because "he's a scientist" isn't that fertile ground for bickering? "I'm better than you" mentality).

I liked it because he mentioned the string theory and some of what he was saying was quite interesting. What I have come to realise is that many people come on this site and others simply to get reactions from others some bad some good. IMHO if you read a thread and gain something from it then its a win otherwise just delete it and move on, some of the most interesting threads I have read have been where nobody wants to go and thats in the skunkworks. Appearances can be deceptive.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by XmikaX

You complain about the same useless trash which you have presented here right now. Are you acting like we are not aware. No offense but seriously, you are getting the same flags which you complaining about other treads which are at least a little more entertaining than yours (because of the story line).

I reckon you get all your stars from family guy addicts like me. can I have one please, I can't help but feel I am missing out. I hardly get any stars. These days you have to be mean to other members in order to be liked I am not like that so I don't get any stars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And... when I treated it as the Introduction Thread it WAS, and answered, hey welcome, donkey... and happend to add a humorous comment about a poster named "NaziCensorsDrop Dead" having his posts removed (censored) - come on, it IS funny, my post was removed within 30 seconds... Mods must've been all over that thread watching for anything (or nothing as was the case with my post deletion). Overzealous. Come on guys, I've seen worse Off Topic comments on hundreds of other threads. At least mine had some comedic value added to the reply to the intro.
I used to love this place, but while I'm sure they could not care less, I'm seriously moving to get outta this Charlie Foxtrot. Just need to find a new place to frequent. Once I'm done with my current "assignment," I'll get right on that.
And, I bit of personal sharing, I am probably the epitome of what you guys would call an Intel guy trying to work within the "system." I've got my personal beliefs and more often than not, those two worlds create issues and stress for me. I've still successfully kept my private and professional duties separate. Luckily I have enough friends in and my rank affords some leeway and obfuscation.
edit on 27/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks,
I just figured that out a little while ago. I guess I'll just have to stick with just ignoring threads by some that I don't like.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Haahah your hating on "The Scientist", Who is this mysterious Scientist? well he is a Scientist thats a clue

Is this one of ATS evil plans again?

how do we know if your not trying to distract us from the scientist by saying his thread is a distraction so you can distract us from the truth? and that would make you the content controller of ATS
edit on 27-6-2011 by Whirpool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by filosophia

This.

Stars and flags meannothing to me, honestly. They are abused more often than used to highlight something worthwhile.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

So my question to you is- which two topics here on ATS do you believe we should really be paying attention to? Which ones in your opinion should be on the front page?

The Middle East. and the EU/U.S. debt crisis but neither of those topics are on the front page despite the countless well thought out threads made on the matter.

There's something fishy going on at ATS

edit on 27-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bah!

I asked 'The Scientist' if he knew the answer to the age old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg? Told him that I knew and he didn't bother to answer after that.

I actually read the first half of the intro and it seemed that he was only interested in insulting us 'Non-Scientists'.

Takes all kinds I suppose.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When I saw the post I thought it was similar to one of the posts on godlike productions
"I am a ...... ask me a question" To be honest I expected page after page of replies.
Who cares if a "scientist" answers a thread doesn't make it any more credible.
If you like testimonials then go for it. Most people on here like evidence..
Limbo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join