It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media isn't reporting the meaning behind Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The media isn't reporting the meaning behind Libya
rt.com...

We know the American media is in Libya, but why aren’t they reporting on the military operation that more and more of the country is saying that they are opposed to?

Wayne Madsen was in Tripoli on assignment and says that what the members of the mainstream media reported while on the front “had nothing in common with what we all saw on the grounds.”

“The media is silent,” says Madsen. “Worse,” he adds, “they are putting out disinformation rather than reporting facts as they see them on the ground.”

Madsen says that Gaddafi is only gaining support in Tripoli, and as rebels rejoin his forces, the media in America does not bother telling people. “Many former rebels say, ‘look, we weren’t happy with Gaddafi,’” says Madsen, but as NATO is slaughtering civilians, they are becoming more in favor of the colonel, despite his reputation, because he is a Libyan national. And, most importantly, not a foreign invader.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They, meaning Obama,and Clinton are there for one purpose that is to make as many
private deals with Corporations as they can to make themselves rich.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm telling you.....Saudi Riyal isn't pegged to the US dollar now...you need 4 US dollars to get 1 Saudi Riyal....

So if you want American cities to have their lights on.....you need a footprint over there to take on somebody.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
and its not US dollars that buy the oil, its US f-15s with brand new strike packages...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Libya is only important to the world because of oil. Most countries, including the US, completely ignored the Rwandan genocide, but when it interests them the political story is one of humanitarian and good will for oppressed people...flat out bull. Fight with words and education and not with guns. Death only brings more death.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hmm, see Sky News seems to me the most reliable news source and they've said repeatedly that not only are they not allowed to say anything out of terms while reporting inside Libya due to having government officials looking over their shoulder to give a non-threatening stance on the country and its government but also that more and more of Gaddafi's own men have committed suicide or ran over the border into Tunisia rather than fire upon the people.

So which is it? Cause honestly, while I can believe that not everything going on in Libya is reported for the same reasons Sky News tell us they can't, the rebels defecting to become loyal to Gaddafi......I just don't buy it somehow.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Hmm, see Sky News seems to me the most reliable news source and they've said repeatedly that not only are they not allowed to say anything out of terms while reporting inside Libya due to having government officials looking over their shoulder to give a non-threatening stance on the country and its government but also that more and more of Gaddafi's own men have committed suicide or ran over the border into Tunisia rather than fire upon the people.

So which is it? Cause honestly, while I can believe that not everything going on in Libya is reported for the same reasons Sky News tell us they can't, the rebels defecting to become loyal to Gaddafi......I just don't buy it somehow.

......I just don't buy it somehow

well i just dont buy the western mainstream news outlets claims from inside libya, take CNN for as an example in much of these videos or edited footages that you see on the air, are from eastern libya, when CNN reporters claim in one of these videos they show the rebels firing into thin air, rather then firing into an enemy.

Which usually i noticed CNN then discloses the location where they actually took those shots.

All major news outlets lied about the Bosnian conflict, first Iraqi war, and the 2003 iraq war the media and the government lied about the WMDs they only kept pointing fingers at other countries blaming and clamming that they saddam wmds.

Which later it turned iraq and saddam had no ties to bin laden and had no wmds.

As for Sky news been reliable dont hold your breath, sky news is a sister news network to fox news, i was to surprised when Sky news was the only to report on the Bosnian Muslim terrorist actions during the war.

Heres that report from sky news
1996 Bosnia Terrorist Hidden camps
edit on 25-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join