It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phones make you ill? - (Cell Phones)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After getting absolutely sick at even the sight of a mobile phone I got rid of mine about 2 years ago. This all went well up until I decided to get a phone again about a month ago after being bugged repeatedly by my friends. That 2 years of being mobile phone free really did me good psychologically and after having had one again I have now discovered that it helped me physically as well..

You see very soon after I started carrying around a mobile phone with me at all times I started to notice the following symptoms;

- Random Headaches
- Random Nausea
- Increased stress levels
- Lower energy reserves
- Less consistent and productive sleep
- More hostile attitude towards other people

Please bear in mind that I am very sensitive to changes in my body, mind and psyche. I meditate a lot. eat quite healthily and exercise quite regularly. The only changes I have made in my lifestyle over the past few months has literally been the addition of a mobile phone to my life again. That leads me to believe that these quite rapidly instigated negative effects are in fact due to my mobile phone. It is not a new phone in the slightest so this leads me to believe that the effects from newer more advanced phones might be even worse due to a higher technology and wireless signalling level.

My challenge to you is this. Try going without a phone for an extended period of time and see how much better you feel not only psychologically but physically as well. Note changes in your feeling of health and general well being. Then if you go back to the dark side like me, see if you notice negative effects because of it.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

-TechUnique

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

You see very soon after I started carrying around a mobile phone with me at all times I started to notice the following symptoms;

- Random Headaches
- Random Nausea
- Lower energy reserves

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

-TechUnique

Yes - I have since learned that I should only give my phone number to a select few people...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I'm pretty sure mobile phones are huge 'dirty electricity' generators. Just another way to (either on purpose or inadvertently) keep the population sick and imbalanced, and to open the avenues for invasive spying and electronic harassment.

Best to live without them, but in this world they're trying to make it harder and harder to live without being hooked into instantaneous communication 24/7.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Correlation without causation.

There has been no positive link between cell phones and negative health effects.

Might want to look into a "tower buster" if you're susceptible to the placebo effect, you will feel way better.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't use my mobile phone. I have one, but it is seldom charged, unless I'm going somewhere with important news beckoning.

I am replying because I have been drained and experiencing headaches for the past few months. I have trouble sleeping, mostly insomnia bouts coupled with nightmares that I never remember, or nightmares that should not be scary (like turning up somewhere and fogetting to bring gloves, causing me to wake up in sweats).
I've found out that a new mobile phone mast has gone up recently to boost signal strength here, which is strange because we have four in the immediate vicinity, even stranger still that my house is constantly in a "no signal" zone despite the new mast being in the next street and the closest mast being 500 feet away.

I'll end up blathering, so I'll end this here, I just find it bizarre that my apparant unrest is coinciding with the new mast, yet the signal still sucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
I've found out that a new mobile phone mast has gone up recently to boost signal strength here, which is strange because we have four in the immediate vicinity, even stranger still that my house is constantly in a "no signal" zone despite the new mast being in the next street and the closest mast being 500 feet away.

How do you know the mast is for your service provider? Masts that are grouped close like that are for separate providers, they don't all use the same ones.

Either that or it's mind control that's trying to make you ill. Better get a tower buster.

But seriously, you're correlating two unrelated things (the mast and your illness). If you are getting sick from it, well, you're the first person in history.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Cell phones are a huge cash cow for Government. Look at the bill and see all the charges above and beyond taxes that the government charges every user. The cell phone industry also has a huge lobby industry that gets many of our representatives elected year after year. I highly doubt that the truth would be that forthcoming from them. Not to mention the massive lawsuits that would ensue for the phone companies if it got proven to be hazardous to your health. AT&T has been around a very long time, they haven't stayed around by paying massive settlements.

Cell phones use microwaves to send and receive data. Microwaves basically take the water molecules in the area of effect and rub them together to cause friction. Cell phone towers send microwaves over a larger area. You're telling me that water molecules in your head rubbing together to cause friction and therefore heat, would have no effect? Do this experiment for me, override the the safety mechanism on your microwave appliance ( a little latch on the door ) and stick your head into it, full blast. Get back to me with the results. Its the same thing with cell phones and towers.

To the OP, I have no doubt the headaches might be related. Trouble is getting anyone to admit to it. Look into the studies that have been done in relation to intelligence drop related to cell phone use. Studies have been done, but buried.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
Cell phones are a huge cash cow for Government. Look at the bill and see all the charges above and beyond taxes that the government charges every user. The cell phone industry also has a huge lobby industry that gets many of our representatives elected year after year. I highly doubt that the truth would be that forthcoming from them. Not to mention the massive lawsuits that would ensue for the phone companies if it got proven to be hazardous to your health. AT&T has been around a very long time, they haven't stayed around by paying massive settlements.

Alright.

Cell phones use microwaves to send and receive data.

That is correct.

Microwaves basically take the water molecules in the area of effect and rub them together to cause friction. Cell phone towers send microwaves over a larger area. You're telling me that water molecules in your head rubbing together to cause friction and therefore heat, would have no effect? Do this experiment for me, override the the safety mechanism on your microwave appliance ( a little latch on the door ) and stick your head into it, full blast. Get back to me with the results. Its the same thing with cell phones and towers.

You're comparing unlike things, cell phones don't operate at the right frequency to excite water molecules as you describe, have we done our research? Not to mention the power output is not nearly the same.

BTW: The result would be minimal, I might get cataracts but otherwise I'd be safe.

To the OP, I have no doubt the headaches might be related. Trouble is getting anyone to admit to it. Look into the studies that have been done in relation to intelligence drop related to cell phone use. Studies have been done, but buried.

Got any sources for those claims?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

- Random Headaches
- Random Nausea
- Lower energy reserves

Cell phones, and sometimes even tv's and computers produce those symptoms in me.
I hardly use my phone anymore for that very reason.
I've learned to take breaks ever 10-15 minutes from the computer to offset the nausea.
If your symptoms were anthing like mine, then it was VERY severe, to the point of vommiting sometimes.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Cell phones, and sometimes even tv's and computers produce those symptoms in me.
I hardly use my phone anymore for that very reason.
I've learned to take breaks ever 10-15 minutes from the computer to offset the nausea.
If your symptoms were anthing like mine, then it was VERY severe, to the point of vommiting sometimes.

Interesting, all of those devices have screens that give off light.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very interesting. I have been racking my brain to find the cause of the health problems I have been experiencing. Here's my deal.
I have been having these symptoms ever since I moved to where I live now, I've been to the Dr and they have no explanation and have made me feel that it's all in my head and nothing is really wrong. My husband
nausea, constant headaches, extreme fatigue, irritability, insomnia, waking up in the middle of the night to vomit having no aparent reason. I have also had a very hard time concentrating and often have bouts of confusion sometimes to the point I can't even think of the words I want to say.
I have changed my diet and all that jazz but nothing seems to make a difference, I have just really begun to accept that this is the new me, maybe because I'm getting older, although I'm only 32.
Reading your post has made me wonder if it could be my cell phone as I moved very far away from my family and I now have my phone on my person at all times. I talk on it more than I ever have in my life, and even sleep with it on the night stand right next to my head just incase theres an emergency back home or anything.
I'm going to turn it off for a while and see if it makes a difference. I know that I am quite sensitive when it comes to electricity and all that so I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your insight.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

You do know what a microwave is and what it does to say...a hot dog when you leave it in there too long. It explodes. I don't know what credentials you have to make a claim that other than cataracts one would be safe. Do you work for or with the cell phone companies or the carrier companies?

I don't recall seeing sources on your claims either.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Originally posted by invetro

How do you know the mast is for your service provider? Masts that are grouped close like that are for separate providers, they don't all use the same ones.

Either that or it's mind control that's trying to make you ill. Better get a tower buster.

But seriously, you're correlating two unrelated things (the mast and your illness). If you are getting sick from it, well, you're the first person in history.

The mast is for O2, I am with O2, my parents are with O2. They get a very bad signal. My other half is with a different service provider, the one with the closest mast to our house, and he can't get a signal at the best of times either. I don't know why, but the house seems to be in a zone that has major trouble getting signals.

I'm correlating the two things (I'd hardly call it an illness, I am still a fully functioning human, albeit a little crankier and sleepier than normal) because the insomnia and random headaches didn't start until the recent mast went up. Do I think the two things are related? Probably not. I have a wireless router in my bedroom, I use a microwave oven a LOT and I am addicted to my PS3 with its wireless controller. I'm exposing myself to enough invisible crap, and who knows what it's really doing.

It could even be MSG withdrawals since I stopped eating at McD's.

I still don't like mobile phones or their masts, but there's sweet fanny adams I can do about that aspect of our society.

new topics

top topics

join