It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question, does the FBI/CIA monitor this website? Lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm just really curious because some of the things that are on this website are pretty much insane lol I can spend hours reading and reading about new interesting news about it but is it actually monitored by any intelligence agencies?

I would like to hear everyone's opinions on this!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
listen to this song and make up your own mind about this.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm pretty certain many different agencies keep on eye on ATS for strategic purposes. A lot of stuff gets uncovered and discussed here at ATS pretty quickly. It would be beneficial to anyone who is conspiring to know the reactions from ATS members to certain events.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

This song is great, it definitely cleared a lot of stuff lmao.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder how many members on ATS are actually fake
and are CIA/FBI/etc. members.
Pity we will never know.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Alright everyone, nothing to see! move along to another thread now!
*flashes badge*
come on people... nothin' goin on here..

go ahead and delete this thread mods

edit on 25-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
I'm just really curious because some of the things that are on this website are pretty much insane lol I can spend hours reading and reading about new interesting news about it but is it actually monitored by any intelligence agencies?

Yes they do read info on ATS and some are members...go into the search engine on ATS and type in something like (Fbi, Cia on ATS) a lot of information should then be provided for you. Who they exactly are ...I don't know but they are on here!
edit on 25-6-2011 by caladonea because: correct

edit on 25-6-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

I think the question that should be asked is: Are we that important? And my answer would be "no chance". In fact, I think a lot of people on this site need to start realizing that the thought someone has looked at this site, saw individual members, or the site as a whole as a threat and then actually told others to purposefully monitor them because the information they may possess is all too important and/or enlightening, is actually a rather silly thought to say the least.

After all, I'm sure "TPTB" or any of the Intelligence agencies out there have by far more important things to worry about than what a few people on an online conspiracy forum think. I'd go as far as saying they don't give a damn. And even if we are being monitored by someone for whatever reason, I'd hardly think It was someone any one of us should be concerned about.

But hey, that's just my opinion on the subject.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Leemo

I think the question that should be asked is: Are we that important? And my answer would be "no chance". In fact, I think a lot of people on this site need to start realizing that the thought someone has looked at this site, saw individual members, or the site as a whole as a threat and then actually told others to purposefully monitor them because the information they may possess is all too important and/or enlightening, is actually a rather silly thought to say the least.

After all, I'm sure "TPTB" or any of the Intelligence agencies out there have by far more important things to worry about than what a few people on an online conspiracy forum think. I'd go as far as saying they don't give a damn. And even if we are being monitored by someone for whatever reason, I'd hardly think It was someone any one of us should be concerned about.

AGENT!
lol

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

4 minutes eh?.. Well, we have a new record!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Rising Against because: Grammer. Yawn.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Grey Magic.... What a BAAAAD ASSS Song!!! Thank you for that.

It reminds me of ATSer's in the woods telling the Aliens in the Saucer " WE'RE the Good Guys!"

"Over HERE"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If I was the CIA or FBI would I be watching me...no chance...but this site...possibly...

I think it would be more like a game though: "Let's see how close the tin foil hat crowd came on this one..."

I don't think there is anything here they don't know already...and if there is...I don't think it will surprise them in the least...but who knows really?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its a good way to influence from the outside in.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Leemo

It would probably be beneficial to any group, corporation or agency conspiring to at least know the general perception on certain events on behalf of the majority of ATS. Just so they know what they are dealing with and how effective their disinfo and propaganda has been. I don't think we are all personally on a list or anything like that.

If I was part of some massive conspiracy I would certainly want to know what, if anything, people on ATS knew about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Of course the CIA and FBI monitor this site and many others. It's actually a fascinating topic to look into and learn about. The CIA, as well as most other world class intelligence agencies, have staffs of hundreds of people that do nothing but this. That ism they go through newspapers, magazines, websites and newsletters and snip out, scan or otherwise note anything of interest to archive or tag for followup. It's called Open Source intelligence gathering, as opposed to the Hollywood movie stuff. So, yeah...You can figure this site as well as several others with high traffic and high user participation are checked daily, and likely several times a day, by intelligence agencies.

Why bother with all that?? It isn't that each of us as individuals strike them as very interesting. I'll just bet 98% of the folks on here are viewed as "garbage" to be sifted through, looking for the rare nugget that makes the effort worthwhile. The nuggets that bring them here are the same that bring many of the rest of us...Those rare but occasional stories that hit a site like this before MSM or other 2nd tier news services and are completely legitimate stories to follow-up on and learn more about.

Additionally for the FBI is the off chance that someone like the Arizona shooter or the next Hinkley or Oswald type will come on a fringe site (like PP or ATS here) and advertise their intentions for bragging rights.... Now how would the frisbees look if someone made a high profile assassination and it was discovered they publicly announced their intentions in detail, days before on a site like this...yet no one there had even seen it? Nope..not a chance..you can bet they read all of this every day..7 days a week.

IMHO

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes but im sure the gov limits them to an hour at a time or something to protect their sanity.

A site like this could mess normal people up if it wasn't small bites.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Its a good way to influence from the outside in.

don't you mean inside out

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Boolean Phraseology is an old, well known software to pull out words and sentences for review on the internet.
www.ovid.com...

If you use certain words or phrases in a sentence or text, it CAN end up in a "profile" for review by any number of adgencies.

It's not that big of a deal.

NOW... If you discuss playing pool and the game 8ball and the pool table weighing KILO's. You'll "possibly" get what you deserve. I.E. a quick background run on ya.

ATS is not singled out for this.

No Harm No Foul. Keep It Real. MOST everyone in jail? They didn't know they were being watched or followed.
MOST of them deserve to be in jail if they broke laws. MOST of them KNEW they were breaking laws too.

ME? I don't break laws. I read the rulebook. I'm not a good candidate for jail.

But Boolean Phraseology is real for tracking purposes.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hmm, its good to hear what everyone thinks, I'm just really surprised how today's media automatically portrays someone a terrorist or anarchist if they disagree with what the government says or does. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of FBI agents/CIA agents here that act like normal ATS members. Oh well, there is some cool # on this website though no joke, it can keep you absorbed for hours!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I hear ya buddy, definitely, there's so much cool stuff on this website, especially with ancient civilizations and such.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join