It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a limit to the number of pictures we can upload?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hello,

I have uploaded pictures today for a thread that I put up. Now I try to upload more for a reply but the system logs me out automatically...

Is there a limit per day? Or a limited number per album?

First time this ever happens...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hello ??

Knock Knock....anybody home ??

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have uploaded tons of pictures.

But never too many on any one day.

The fact that it logs you out sounds like some other issue to me.

Sorry for the non conclusive comments, just sharing my experience.

David Grouchy

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Hi David,

I don't know.

I did upload lots of pictures for the thread but I did that before and never encountered this problem.

I'll try again this morning (after my coffee lol) and see what happens. I wonder if this ever happened to anybody else...Kinda freaky to be kicked out of the system. I was afraid to log off thinking that perhaps I was post banned and wouldn't be able to log back in !!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

My experience has been a mess with uploading pictures...I started a thread on it here but it still has not been completely worked out.

Before all the changes I never had a bit of trouble with it...but since it's been a mess...I can still upload pictures and access them...sometimes...but it is a pain and I usually need to open three different windows to do it.

I don't really know if there is a limit...I would think not...as I have uploaded several dozen in a day...well back when it used to work right.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the link !

Here goes...I can't get into my photos on ATS at all. When I log into my media account everything comes up like normal, but when I click on my account and then photos, it takes me right back to the log-in page!

This is exactly what I'm going through...I'll follow gimme_some_truth's advice and clean the cookies. Hopefully, that'll do it !

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Hopefully that will work for you...it has not worked for me.

Please let me know if you come up with a solution...it would be nice to get it hashed out...certainly there are more that two of us experiencing this problem.

On a side note I think I will U2U the key strokers at ATS and see if they won't check it out again.

Good luck!

Edit: P.S. HERE is a relatively good non-evasive cleaner...and it is free...works great! It might help you clean up a bit more that cookies.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jerryznv because: add link...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hi there again Jerry and thanks for the cleaner link. I used it but am still having the same problem...

Am putting an alert on this post. Maybe a moderator has an idea...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's working fine for me, I get to it via "tools" -> "pictures".

Click on the "Tools" tab and then click on the "pictures" tab just below "Tools" once the Tools page has loaded. It will ask you to log in if you're not already, make sure you haven't changed your password since the site update (Oct, 2010) because that will keep you from logging in as the system won't recognize your PW.

If you have changed your password, request a new one from the system and make sure you type it in, DO NOT copy/paste it.
Another possibility is that you are trying to upload too large a file, there is a maximum file size per file, mine is 100MB max per file.

Hope that helps.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hi Springer,

Thanks for the reply...

I follow exactly those directives every time. I do log in. The problem occurs when I click on the " Upload / Change Photos " under " My Account " on the left hand side of the page or when I click " My Pictures " under " My Account " on the top right side of the page. As soon as I click one of those, the system kicks me out and back to the Login page. This problem only started occurring yesterday and is still present. I tried numerous times today and failed every time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I have the same experience as SonoftheSun has...and it has been that way for weeks now...at one time it worked for a couple days and then right back to the same thing as I stated in THIS THREAD.

I am aware of how the system works and how to upload and access my pictures...somewhere while the system was being upgraded at that time my media was somehow corrupted.

I can access my pictures but it is a pain...I have to open a couple different tabs in windows and go in through the "back door" so to speak...but like the OP said...and I said in my thread weeks ago...there is obviously something that has been is not allowing the functions of media (picture files and albums) to be correctly accessed. I never had a minute of trouble until the site upgrades...or whatever you all were doing...and now it is a mess. You can see that when I opened a thread on it there was not many (if any at all) that were having the same trouble...but now I would tend to think it is more than just a couple of people.

None of my photo uploads even come close to the maximum 100 GB size limit...so that is not it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes, if the maximum file size is 100MB then there is a limit to the number of possible images that you can upload.
That limit is:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/263d51f814d1.png[/atsimg]

*The actual number of images is 2^(8*10^8) (for black and white only) since there are 8 bits/byte but, Wolfram gives better results for the above figure.
edit on 25-6-2011 by GalacticJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

This is good information if the problem for me was uploading photos...I can't even access the ones that are already uploaded though...so it doesn't help me at all.

Thanks anyway...maybe someone else can use the information...like I said, none of mine are not even close to the maximum size limit.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

If he has 100MB limit "per file", it does not mean that the total limit is 100MB, it is only the per file limit.
Meaning that he can upload as many 100MB or smaller files as he wants to, Also 100MB is for the SO, the members probably have less.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's not 100GB it's100 MB

ETA, this sounds like a browser issue, FireFox is terrible in our media portal. Try IE or Safari...

Springer...
edit on 6-25-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Right...sorry typo...I meant MB...as you pointed out.

I am using IE as a browser...I have been around here for a minute and I know you all have not yet figured out why firefox is such a problem for some users...it is unfortunate...you would think that would be a simple compatibility fix...not an earth changing event. What do I know though...I am not a tech. either.

Anyway...it seems that the problem is not my browser and is something to do with my account...I think there is a glitch in the system...same reason firefox has never worked...there are bugs lose and they have not been fixed...so instead of addressing the bugs in the system...users can change browsers if they want to use ATS...a nice example is chat...how many threads have I seen started on not being able to chat because someone is using firefox..or some other browser that is incompatible with...I don't know...whats it incompatible with?

Either way not my problem...my problem is accessing my photos, and has been a problem for awhile now...what browser do I need to use to access my pictures...I am using IE and have been since day one..want me to try google chrome? I mean really...whats next?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Hi again Jerry,

I am using IE and have been since day one..want me to try google chrome? I mean really...whats next?

BINGO !!

Google chrome works like a charm. So I'll use it to access and upload pics and use Firefox as I usually do for regular browsing.

And now that I think of it, this happened following an upgrade to Firefox...

Google chrome works ! Give it a try !!!

top topics

join