It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Dream, Builds Massive $1.6-million Replica of Noah's Ark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13

Originally posted by Soldier of God
One railroad stock car can carry about 240 sheep. This would mean that 40,000 animals could fit in 167 railroad cars. The arks total capacity was 569 stock cars. 40,000 animals would require LESS THAN 30% of the ark's space. In other words 40,000 animals could fit on one of the ark's three decks. This would leave the other 70% of the ark's space for Noah's family, food, supplies, and baggage.

Today, it is thought that there are 10 million land dwelling species. I have no idea if this includes insects and I have to throw this out there but... wouldn't all of the animals be inbred?

Nevermind, Zorgon whipped out his handy king james and quoted something about 14 clean beasts. Trying to figure out what an unlean beast is and if they applied that to insects.
edit on 24-6-2011 by wildoracle13 because: (no reason given)

Leviticus 11:4-19 and Deuteronomy 14:7-18 list about 30 species of unclean animals and birds. Thirty pairs would be 60 animals. In addition, seven pairs of each of the five species of clean birds is a total of 70 clean birds.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Some more info on the arcs in Holland

The arc is sold to Aad Peters, a Dutch puppetplayer/tv producer. He turned it into a floating biblical themepark with restaurant, gift shop etc. in his own artistic style.
www.verhalenark.nl...
Inside the vessel there is a 15 meter high tree of life made out of shotcrete.

The original builder mr. Huibers is building a new one, bigger and made to travel the seas.
www.arkvannoach.com...

Huibers is building on it for 3,5 years now and should be ready in 2012
Check out at the pics at "fotoboek" for some serious carpenter skills !

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Thanks for that!

I knew he sold it but didn't know he was already started on a new one. Can you post some pics or a vid?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are also lots of pics on the Huibers site.

Here is a video of the new boat

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
reply to post by jude11

There are also lots of pics on the Huibers site.

Here is a video of the new boat

youtu.be...

Thanks, I just wanted to post here for others:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the purist in me is disappointed...

i seen big, shiny bolts bored through the upright timber logs, used for anchoring the buttress 2X12 planks

i was brought up in central Pennsylvania where many a barn was built by the Pennsylvania Dutch (some are Amish) that used all wooden fasteners and dowels, mortise & tennon joints etcetra...nary a bolt or nail or metal plate to bolt timbers together in any barn...

They were works of 'Art' compared to the video Arc von Noah

still.... its a big project...

Now, are there any rumors that the late Saddam Husseins' pet project of reconstructing the Gardens of Babylon is still in the works?
i think i also read that the existing Solomons Temple (scale model replica) might be in for a full scale replica
after the funds are secured,,,, (no not a 3rd Temple--- that's by a group of zealots)

the point being... there are many ideas about recreating either Biblical or just Ancient wonders,
its rare when a project finally gets realized... it don't take a super imagination to think these thing through... just 'Grit'
edit on 24-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the purist in me is disappointed...

i seen big, shiny bolts bored through the upright timber logs, used for anchoring the buttress 2X12 planks

i was brought up in central Pennsylvania where many a barn was built by the Pennsylvania Dutch (some are Amish) that used all wooden fasteners and dowels, mortise & tennon joints etcetra...nary a bolt or nail or metal plate to bolt timbers together in any barn...

They were works of 'Art' compared to the video Arc von Noah

still.... its a big project...

Now, are there any rumors that the late Saddam Husseins' pet project of reconstructing the Gardens of Babylon is still in the works?
i think i also read that the existing Solomons Temple (scale model replica) might be in for a full scale replica
after the funds are secured,,,, (no not a 3rd Temple--- that's by a group of zealots)

the point being... there are many ideas about recreating either Biblical or just Ancient wonders,
its rare when a project finally gets realized... it don't take a super imagination to think these thing through... just 'Grit'
edit on 24-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

The Purist in you is right.

But damn! Can you imagine how much longer it might have taken to build this doing it the Purist way?

I admit that would have made it 10x more beautiful as a work of art tho.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'd like to see if his boat can actually float! Scientist and/or archeologist can get the dimensions and try to replicate his boat in a lab to see if it really floats. Yeah, I'd like to see the guy break even as a petting zoo for children. It was well the effort and inspiration that ONE man can do so much in a lifetime. Poor wood, though!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I'd like to see if his boat can actually float! Scientist and/or archeologist can get the dimensions and try to replicate his boat in a lab to see if it really floats. Yeah, I'd like to see the guy break even as a petting zoo for children. It was well the effort and inspiration that ONE man can do so much in a lifetime. Poor wood, though!

I don't think this one floats as he is building another and says that this time it'll float. Look up in the thread and there a few links and vids.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

The US spends that much on the Afghan war in 20 minutes.

The United States spends about $3.6 billion a month in Afghanistan

So there is worse ways to spend it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by e11888

The US spends that much on the Afghan war in 20 minutes.

The United States spends about $3.6 billion a month in Afghanistan

So there is worse ways to spend it

Good point.

At least it was his money and not ours. And it didn't kill anyone in the process as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I saw this on Yahoo news the other day. I occasionally skim the readers comments to see what people are thinking. My favorite comment on this article, "Hopefully while gathering two of each animal he didn't gather two termites".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
I saw this on Yahoo news the other day. I occasionally skim the readers comments to see what people are thinking. My favorite comment on this article, "Hopefully while gathering two of each animal he didn't gather two termites".

Yeah, but for some damn reason he grabbed the cockroaches as well. Could have left the spiders to drown also.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

www.genesisfiles.com...

The ark was made of a material that the Bible identifies as "gopher wood". The actual Hebrew word is "Gopher". The exact meaning of this material is still unknown. It has been presumed by some to be Cypress wood, Cedar, Teak, or Mahogany, but these are only assumptions. What ever the actual material was, still remains a mystery, although it was probably some type of wood.

The meaning of Gopher...Impossible to destroy or get rid of

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A simple search may explain the wood mystery.
www.noahsark-naxuan.com...
edit on 6/24/2011 by fixer1967 because: left out link

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
The ark was made of a material that the Bible identifies as "gopher wood". The actual Hebrew word is "Gopher". The exact meaning of this material is still unknown. It has been presumed by some to be Cypress wood, Cedar, Teak, or Mahogany, but these are only assumptions. What ever the actual material was, still remains a mystery, although it was probably some type of wood.

Ah yes... good old translations of truth...

"Gopher wood" "Gopher wood" is a misreading and scribal error. "Kopher" wood is correct and means wood (any wood) that is covered with Kopher. Kopher is bitumen. In the Genesis text (6:14), the context is clear. The GPR wood used, (a scribal error) is to be covered in KPR. G and K in Hebrew are so similar that inexperienced Hebrew "scholars," such as those translating the King James Version of the Bible, could have been prone to such errors, indeed, they made many such errors.

www.noahsark-naxuan.com...

As I said ... Truth is relative

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Yeah, but for some damn reason he grabbed the cockroaches as well. Could have left the spiders to drown also.

yeah
and he left the Unicorns behind

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1.6 million dollars. There are a lot of better things that he could have done with that money. Sjogrens research grants come to mind. Seriously though .. he dreamed PART of Holland was flooded. So why not just move to the part that he dreamed wasn't flooded instead of spending the money on the boat.

Whatever. It's his money. Damned shame of a waste. But it's his ....

He lived his dream (in this case literally). You cannot call it a waste. Do you have a dream that you wanted to do? If your dream is to climb the highest mountain in the world (Mt. Everest), can we say that it is just a waste of money? You have to live your dream. It is such a waste if you can't live your dream.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm not saying pay no attention to your dreams but , If I listened to most of mine i'd be in a mental ward. My dreams tell me to pack a bag and wait for John. My bag is packed but I have no idea when John is coming or who John really is. Do you see my point here ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I have a dream - to possess $1.6 million. And I sure as hell wouldn't blow it on a big wooden boat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join