It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.4 Alaska. Tsunami Warning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

We had a foreshock in Japan.
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I have to agree with OP. Can we tone this kind of talk down a bit. See I'm a big whah whah right now ?

Oh screw it. I'm going to bed and channel surf every channel for news like the old days. This just gets to be to realtime.
Ni Ni.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Watch the aftershocks listed here - quicker than USGS and based on local networks:

www.aeic.alaska.edu...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by David9176
What's next, the rapture?

No, no.

Within next hour it's war with Iran, China and North Korea.
Within hour and a half it's Alien Ivasion.
With two hours is Zombie apocalypse.
Then its rapture.

Oh thanks for clearin that up... :p lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
They said the tsunami warning was canceled. So, is there still one or the possibility of one? Thanks.

www.foxnews.com... ikes-off-alaska/
edit on 24-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I am, and the quake happened in a remote area with little to no population....sorry to disappoint but only 1.3 % of Alaska is developed or even populated for that matter. Now if it happened in Anchortowne, then that would be a nice rock to sleep..we don't flinch unless its better than 7.8.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
I will be keeping an eye on this for the next few hours. Does anyone know how prepared they are in Alaska for a quake of this magnitude?

On a side not there is no alignment with Elenin so they cant blame this quake on it.

Maybe not Elenin but they will find something else to blame it on like solar winds , some planet alignment or HARRP.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
reply to post by Jepic

I am, and the quake happened in a remote area with little to no population....sorry to disappoint but only 1.3 % of Alaska is developed or even populated for that matter. Now if it happened in Anchortowne, then that would be a nice rock to sleep..we don't flinch unless its better than 7.8.

If that quake was centered near or around your town it would have leveled a good portion of it , that quake had the power of about 2.2megatons of TNT .

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Godsontoo

Since you mentioned it...

Strange spike yesterday

edit on 24-6-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17417281a859.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca952bcb775c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Not a word on the major networks about any of this, can you believe it? Of course you can you're here.

Hopefully haarp just blew itself to hell.

edit on 23-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I know, right!

I saw a speck of a word about it on CNN this morning....of course the journalists stated it with a smile, to 'assure us that all is fine'....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
More Earth changes will continue to grow. Just heard there was another one in Santa Cruz.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
More Earth changes will continue to grow. Just heard there was another one in Santa Cruz.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Can anyone here pull the frequency of the earthquake and the frequency of harrp? I dont know how to do it but id love to see if there is a corelation like japans 2.5 and chiles 1.9 signatures.

Thanks anyone

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh great! That is just spectacular! First we have the nuclear plant levee breach and now a 7.4 earthquake off Hawaii. Let's hope there are no oil refineries around there! That would be awful.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendPritchett

Indeed.....and these "earth changes" will continue on and there will be some bigger and better quake/tsunami and/or volcanic eruption....we're still in for a wild ride.....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
so does anyone know how far out the moon was last night. I bet he had something to do with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Double post :p
edit on 24-6-2011 by Sarahraeann because: Please remove...?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsontoo

Originally posted by Castogere
reply to post by Jepic

If that quake was centered near or around your town it would have leveled a good portion of it , that quake had the power of about 2.2megatons of TNT .

The slab that this town sits on? not a chance, light damage at best. Especially at that depth. Honestly in the past we've rode out better. That and 99% of the buildings here are not over 3 story. Seriously, light damage like the Denali quake around 6 years ago, further inland and around the same magnitude. Created some cracks in the roads, but that's about it. Like Cali we get shakers all the time. The only difference? The main fault is further away, and the main populated area sits on a gnarly slab of rock...not Japanese man made jello fill.

Even in the 64' quake, damage was not as comparable. This place is WAY TOO spread out and scarcely populated to meet those doom numbers you'd think you'd get.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Alaskans as a group are a pretty hearty bunch, it will take more than a few little tremors to rile them.

And even then, its possible that they won't even complain...

Crazy bunch.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Does anyone follow "Dutchsinse"? On his web channel "Dutchsinse Channel" he called it for the earthquake on the 22nd. If you watch his video he shows the ring of fire and that something big was going to happen around here. He was pretty close. Worth checking out. I don't know how to do links but if you put in Dutchsinse Channel it will come up. Thoughts and prayers with everyone. Stay safe

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join