It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe God just touched me!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OP don't listen to the non spiritual.

It's called grace. Sometimes God grants graces like that to the mind of enlightenment, happiness, light in the mind.

Dude you go to confession and communion, I will garuntee you, the things you feel in your soul will be incredible. It will be like spring time in your mind.

I know from personal experiences.

Even saints said. " I'm in a different state of mind every 5 minutes " I don't have the same grace I had 5 minutes ago of realization.

anywyas too much info. Good for you man.

peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I don't care, it's called an argument, something you just failed at. I just pointed out the fact you are a hypocrite, something you just shoved aside right now. How does it feel to be a hypocrite?

So you admit you are arguing for arguments sake? Lets keep this on topic. So Mr. Internet Phd. How do you come to the conclusion that the OP is having "tactile hallucinations" simply from glancing at his post? Is your comment a diagnosis based on your medical knowledge and the OP's medical history?

Or is it just speculation on your part?
edit on 6/22/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I do not really understand you here, do you mean you think I am going insane or the responses will be?

I kind of expected some sort of questioning and disbelief but it is ok people have a free mind.

No he wants you to stay (normal) and talk about playboy and going to the club friday and normal stuff people do to pass the time.

In all seriousness I think he meant that some religious take it too far, they allow those instances of grace to cause massive drama driven expressions.

Stay cool and normal about what you felt in your soul. let it pass, realize what you felt and move on, saying I want that again.

stay humble.

peace OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thus begins the plunge into insanity.

RIP, op.

You saying all atheist are sane? Some of the worlds worst killers were atheist, and btw, insanity happens on all sides.

peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

CUCKOO, CUCKOO!

You are lying.

awww was that an attempt to make me look crazy? lol. You're right I'm lying. You got me dude.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hello all, I would appreciate it if you would just keep this on the subject without any insults. People are free to believe what they like a belief can be right, it can be wrong it can even be both right and wrong but as long as that belief leads a person on to be a better human being then there is nothing to come from that beleif but goodness. If you allow yourself to believe something that will make you into a worse person then that is bad and maybe then you need help. But I do not believe me sharing my personal experience will lead to making me a worse person nor will me believing that experience. We are all the same but different so lets not argue.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Here is his original post:

"Ok a bit of background info, recently I have been having a bit of a tough time with life in general and things have gotten pretty bad. All of my life I have been ignorant to God and have never considered it as a viable explaination. However recently due to my tough times I have been more spiritual and open to answers and help. So here it is

I went to a quiet spot where no other people were around outside in a serene wooded/garden type area with the only thing in sight being around a thousand rabbits chewing on the grass.I sit on a wooden bench out there and grip my hands together and start thinking thoughts directed at God. I first ask for God's forgivness for all of my sins and the moment I did this a warm fuzzy wrap type feeling curved around my back like having a hug. I then continue and pass this off as probably just my mind creating the feeling. I then ask for Gods help to get me through my troubles for my families sake and thank him for the lessons God has taught me so far. I carry on going through some private thoughts with God and then end the conversation, sit on the back of the bench and spread my arms out lying on the top edge of the back of the bench.

I then look around me and start taking in the beauty of nature around me, I feel my left hand stiffen like somebody has just taken hold to hold hands. At this point I am flabberghasted so I look to see and the feeling evapourates. I then have this feeling that I have just been touched by God and it was just a feeling of calm and knowledge that everything will be alright. I start to gaze back at the sky and again this grip come back accross my hand, this time I didn't want it to stop so I just sat there enjoying it and squeezed my hand slightly to test if it was a genuine feeling, there was resistance like I was holding something. I sat there in this way for a few minutes and then it was over.

Truely spiritually mind blowing, I never thought I would experience something like that in my life. I think from now I am going to take much more time to sit and talk with God as God clearly listens and is there to comfort and help us along our path but only if you allow God into your life.

Guess what, I am no longer a sceptic.
edit on 22-6-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)"

Bits in my argument are in bold. He sais he experiences sensations throughout his body without a possible physical cause except a "God" this is like a tactile hallucination. He also states he has been having problems lately, indicating stress.

Again, you don't need a damn pHd to see this guy is having tactile hallucinations possibly brought on by stress or who knows what else is physically wrong with him. It is a general observation, and your argument insinuating that I have to be a doctor is pointless. Do I have to be an engineer to make a pallet? No.

Which is easier? Finding a medical explanation to an experience such as this, or simply saying it was a spiritual experience?

Also nice try, trying to avoid your hypocritical statements beforehand, not gonna happen mate, you're a hypocrite, buddy, do as you say and I will believe you (In regards to your first statement)
edit on 22-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

RIP, op.

You saying all atheist are sane? Some of the worlds worst killers were atheist, and btw, insanity happens on all sides.

peace.

Not at all mate, I rip on atheists as much as I do theists. Atheists are ridiculous hypocrites too mate, they go around saying that religion causes all the problems in the world and bla bla bla, when they go around acting just like their supposed "nemesis" by founding stupid things such as "Church of Atheism" or the other thread about an atheist that didn't want a street named "Heaven" because it "offended him.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

RIP, op.

peace.

Not at all mate, I rip on atheists as much as I do theists. Atheists are ridiculous hypocrites too mate, they go around saying that religion causes all the problems in the world and bla bla bla, when they go around acting just like their supposed "nemesis" by founding stupid things such as "Church of Atheism" or the other thread about an atheist that didn't want a street named "Heaven" because it "offended him.

Good for you. i rip Christians as well. I gotta ask though. What's he being hypocritical about? It's a simple expression.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

CUCKOO, CUCKOO!

You are lying.

awww was that an attempt to make me look crazy? lol. You're right I'm lying. You got me dude.

Now you are telling the truth.

And stop eating McDonalds...
Try some tasty calzone pizza. And not from Pizza Hut, but from a real Italian restaurant. Do they have those in the US?

Da hech? I'm Italian and I have a feeling you know me from youtube? I love pizza! Disregard the icon. It's baby fat.

My name is brothel. later dude.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

CUCKOO, CUCKOO!

You are lying.

Now you are telling the truth.

And stop eating McDonalds...
Try some tasty calzone pizza. And not from Pizza Hut, but from a real Italian restaurant. Do they have those in the US?

Da hech? I'm Italian and I have a feeling you know me from youtube? I love pizza! Disregard the icon. It's baby fat.

My name is brothel. later dude.

No... I don't mention Pizzas on YouTube...
But awesome! Being Italian is good... Good indeed... Gimme a virtual spaghetti carbonara please.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Your opinions ,whilst possibly valid, are hardly going to hold much weight when delivered in such an argumentative & derogatory light.
Is a placebo effect any less real because it was 'only' the mind creating it? That just shows me the possible unlimited potential the mind is capable of bringing into being.
Whether its viewed a a spiritual experience , a scientific experience or other, it will ALWAYS be on the part of the person experiencing the event as to how it will be interpreted.
By 'poo-pooing' others interpretations simply because you would view it differently, only serves to undermine the points you are trying to raise.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

RIP, op.

and this gem taken from one of your previous posts in another thread.

You make a good point, and I agree with you. I tend to follow more science-based beliefs but I also am open to the idea of a spiritual experience (aslong as not influenced by any particular text or voice). I believe that if God is real, one should try and commune with him/her/it without the guidance of anyone else. A sole experience.

Hypocrite much?

I believe the OP may have had a true experience, and it's possible that he had "tactile hallucinations". But that is based on pure speculation by somebody with zero credibility about medical knowledge.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

You make a valid point in your last sentence, and it was certainly an unproductive thing for me to do if trying to convince someone else to join my own set of beliefs. But that is not really the case here as I was just stating my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow that is quite pathetic mate, you're trying too hard.

You omitted the date that was posted: posted on 20-4-2011 @ 06:17 AM

You saying people don't overly develop one opinion and dismiss others in two months? Saying that i'm a hypocrite for something i stated two months ago does not compare to me saying you are a hypocrite for something you said a few minutes ago.

Hell, we may aswell bring up my beliefs from 10 years ago when I was a child and thought aliens were very real and everywhere.

You also seem to be indicating a predisposition to explaining "strange" phenomena away as a religious experience immediately.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This thread isn't here so that you can have tit for tat arguments and it is rather distracting from the original experience I shared. Please feel free to discuss your diferences on the topic without the use of insults and character references but if you wish to argue in the way you are could I please ask if you could do it by U2U.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
oy

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Reminds me of this woman's "Inner Hug"
www.youtube.com...

Remember, you don't need Derren touching you to fake an experience. It's all the power of suggestion, and you're subconscious already held some suggestion about god if you were so quick to belief from that experience.

I could also go into how many other beliefs have been 'verified' by personal experiences. You really can't rationally assume that every who had one that contradicted your beliefs was crazy, while the supporting ones(including your own) were legitimate.

Also, I saw an orb once. Not just any regular orb, but one that was clearly not a reflected light, and was verified by the person who was with me. She was also as bewildered at the sight. I don't believe in ghosts just because that experience might have been real. That could have been anything else, or still a trick somehow, proof of something isn't proof of a specific thing, So if your experience was real and not mentally fabricated, it still doesn't prove anything, as there's multiple explanations for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join