It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe God just touched me!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok a bit of background info, recently I have been having a bit of a tough time with life in general and things have gotten pretty bad. All of my life I have been ignorant to God and have never considered it as a viable explaination. However recently due to my tough times I have been more spiritual and open to answers and help. So here it is

I went to a quiet spot where no other people were around outside in a serene wooded/garden type area with the only thing in sight being around a thousand rabbits chewing on the grass.I sit on a wooden bench out there and grip my hands together and start thinking thoughts directed at God. I first ask for God's forgivness for all of my sins and the moment I did this a warm fuzzy wrap type feeling curved around my back like having a hug. I then continue and pass this off as probably just my mind creating the feeling. I then ask for Gods help to get me through my troubles for my families sake and thank him for the lessons God has taught me so far. I carry on going through some private thoughts with God and then end the conversation, sit on the back of the bench and spread my arms out lying on the top edge of the back of the bench.

I then look around me and start taking in the beauty of nature around me, I feel my left hand stiffen like somebody has just taken hold to hold hands. At this point I am flabberghasted so I look to see and the feeling evapourates. I then have this feeling that I have just been touched by God and it was just a feeling of calm and knowledge that everything will be alright. I start to gaze back at the sky and again this grip come back accross my hand, this time I didn't want it to stop so I just sat there enjoying it and squeezed my hand slightly to test if it was a genuine feeling, there was resistance like I was holding something. I sat there in this way for a few minutes and then it was over.

Truely spiritually mind blowing, I never thought I would experience something like that in my life. I think from now I am going to take much more time to sit and talk with God as God clearly listens and is there to comfort and help us along our path but only if you allow God into your life.

Guess what, I am no longer a sceptic.
edit on 22-6-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Thus begins the plunge into insanity.

RIP, op.

As I can see you've already plunged too.

RIP Intelligence.

Good for you OP. I wish you well in all you do. Don't let scumbags get you down. They are always there, waiting for you to fall.
edit on 6/22/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I do not really understand you here, do you mean you think I am going insane or the responses will be?

I kind of expected some sort of questioning and disbelief but it is ok people have a free mind.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I do not really understand you here, do you mean you think I am going insane or the responses will be?

I kind of expected some sort of questioning and disbelief but it is ok people have a free mind.

Nevermind him, he's an atheist. He's offended that you had an experience with something he believes is not real. They can't handle it, so they go on the attack.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Honestly, before I say anything more. Believe what you want, I don't care, if it makes you feel better, you could believe in things that I would find absurd and I simply don't care (in a "I need to change you" way)

I was expressing my own opinion on the matter.

And I will do it again: You seem to be experiencing what I would call tactile hallucinations brought on by large amounts of stress, all done so you could find some closure in life.

You don't have to believe that, like I said, whatever you want mate.

just read the post above me. Hahahaha.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

RIP, op.

RIP Intelligence.

Good for you OP. I wish you well in all you do. Don't let scumbags get you down. They are always there, waiting for you to fall.

Damn! I never thought I would encounter three insane people on the same thread one after another!

Typical. This is ATS afterall.

..just read the post above me. ahahahaha. I can do it too!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Honestly, before I say anything more. Believe what you want, I don't care, if it makes you feel better, you could believe in things that I would find absurd and I simply don't care (in a "I need to change you" way)

I was expressing my own opinion on the matter.

And I will do it again: You seem to be experiencing what I would call tactile hallucinations brought on my large amounts of stress, all done so you could find some closure in life.

You don't have to believe that, like I said, whatever you want mate.

...and that's worth ripping on him for?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Yeah, I'm expressing my opinion. You got a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm expressing my opinion. You got a problem with that?

Yeah, I do, especially when you resort to calling people insane for it. Perhaps your opinions are better left to yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

RIP, op.

RIP Intelligence.

Damn! I never thought I would encounter three insane people on the same thread one after another!

Typical. This is ATS afterall.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hmm,that was not a nice thing to say...people that are classified as insane probably suffer from some mental illness,like schizophrenia or other.
And i think you are not educated and informed on that subject enough to give a diagnosis serious as that.
Good luck and have fun,mate.

Nice thread btw

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Don't be a hypocrite buddy, read your response to my first comment. You resorted to the same thing that you are supposedly arguing against. I won't take you seriously until you start doing what you say.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Don't be a hypocrite buddy, read your response to my first comment. You resorted to the same thing that you are supposedly arguing against. I won't take you seriously until you start doing what you say.

Oh, you mean I mocked you. How does it feel?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LicentiaEstVox

Insanity is a broad term encompassing many abnormalities in "normal" human mental functioning. This could range from insomniac disorders to full-blown psychopathy.

You don't need a Phd in psychology/psychiatry/neurology to see that this person is experiencing tactile hallucinations in response to possibly Stress.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Anyone to say nasty things....just jealous! UGH!

link   

I don't care, it's called an argument, something you just failed at. I just pointed out the fact you are a hypocrite, something you just shoved aside right now. How does it feel to be a hypocrite?

link   
here's a witness to God's existence. there a literally millions of people who have experienced that. and just to prove a point, he wasn't in st. peter's basilica, or the heart of jerusalem.

he was just on bench.

the law in this nation requires just two independent witnesses to an event to be considered fact.

what would hundreds of millions witnessing the same event be considered.

you can't just brush that off by claiming insanity. it's way past that point.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What a beautiful experience! Thank you for sharing it with me. You are blessed...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join