It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

A Jewish rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a stray dog it feared was the reincarnation of a lawyer who insulted its judges, reports say. The dog entered the Jerusalem financial court several weeks ago and would not leave, reports Israeli website Ynet. It reminded a judge of a curse passed on a now deceased secular lawyer about 20 years ago, when judges bid his spirit to enter the body of a dog. The animal is said to have escaped before the sentence was carried out. One of the judges at the court in the city's ultra-Orthodox Mea Shearim neighbourhood had reportedly asked local children to carry out the sentence. An animal welfare organisation filed a complaint with the police against a court official, who denied reports that judges had ordered the dog's stoning, according to Ynet. But a court manager told Israeli daily Yediot Aharonot the stoning had been ordered as "as an appropriate way to 'get back at' the spirit which entered the poor dog", according to Ynet. Dogs are often considered impure animals in traditional Judaism.

BBC Link

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I love dogs, i think their the pets animals on earth and thats why i get so upset when i read about these sort of things. Terrible.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Has already been posted.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sorry. Must of over looked it on Seach, my bad. Please delete.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The first sentence of the post is very odd. Judaism is a monotheistic faith, they don't believe in reincarnation, and they believed in a curse that can't be done in the laws of their own religion. they made a very poor judgement on this incident it seems...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

head on over

new topics

top topics

join