It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Police Officer Execute Man For Telling Them They Needed A Warrant

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Way to go Phoenix PD for letting a guy sit on your force for year with a murder charge hanging over him. You'd think him planting a crack pipe in 05 would have been enough.

He was not a full duty police officer and his police powers were probably suspended while the investigation was taking place. He was probably doing some job where he was shuffling papers around or something like that. The police department can not legally terminate you without due cause. The investigation had to take place and once the facts were uncovered he was terminated.

Firing him without due cause would have opened the door for a wrongful termination suit and he could have gotten paid out.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

I have no agenda, I'd just like to see changes within law enforcement that could bring about the elimination of, and mitigation of corruption, rogue cops, brutality, and the internal code of silence, cover ups etc.

We need law enforcement, that isn't going to change, ever... We don't need this adversarial, confrontational relationship between law enforcement and the people.... And that relationship is worsening, in case you haven't noticed... No matter who you blame for it ultimately.

I've had my own experiences with corrupt law enforcement, so maybe I have some insight, and perhaps bias.. But it's not unfounded.

This can get better, or worse... and that is ultimately up to those good law enforcers, and those in positions of command over them to affect changes that can bring about changes that will restore the honor and respect needed.

If or until then, it can only get worse... No matter what YOU or I say here.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Quick question, hypothetically speaking, what would happen to the mom if she got a gun and killed that cop? Would she be charged with murder or can she claim she was protecting her family inside her home?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Pretty big mistake, eh?

Maybe we need a 5 day waiting period before inept police officers are allowed to pull their tasers from their holsters.

Yes, it is. Which is why he was rightly convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to jail.

The argument is in his intent. Did he have the criminal intent to pull his pistol and kill the man? The court decided he did not based on the facts of the case.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Do you think a judge would allow a jury consisting of nothing but police officers to be seated for the trial of another police officer?

No, but what I was trying to say is that the case would be investigated by Internal Affairs and the State's Attorney before being brought to trial.

The average person is much too honest to be a police officer, and do the job.

I think you are putting your own personal spin on that. Spend some time off of Above Top Secret. I know you are comfortable here because there is a plethora of people who distrust the police and have a hatred for them just like you but if you talk to some average people you will find the distrust and hatred is not really present because they do not buy into the hype generated on a post such as this. When all the people who hate the police work themselves into a frenzy and are blinded to things like FACTS and REASON.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You are way off topic here but I will argue you anyways.

In a stressful situation, like the one on the BART platform, your body goes through a stress reaction. This stress reaction causes many things to happen to your body. During this stress reaction, a human being can make a mistake. A mistake was made. The intent was not criminal. The negligence of the officer was criminal. He was convicted based on these facts.

You wish for the police to cast a light on officers that are corrupt or abuse their power. When it happens you state you cannot believe something is being done and chalk it up to how the police could not cover the incident up. Your ability to play both sides of the coin is uncanny but only serves to promote your agenda against the police. Based on your track record, no matter what happens, the police were wrong and all are evil terrible people.

That is what makes you unreasonable.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You have taken my post entirely out of context. I was referring to the story in this post. Not the account of the incident in the original post.

Once again you have ignored something to further your agenda.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
You wish for the police to cast a light on officers that are corrupt or abuse their power. When it happens you state you cannot believe something is being done and chalk it up to how the police could not cover the incident up. Your ability to play both sides of the coin is uncanny but only serves to promote your agenda against the police. Based on your track record, no matter what happens, the police were wrong and all are evil terrible people.

That is what makes you unreasonable.

I could easily flip that coin and make the same argument about your positions/opinions you've posted here.

But this isn't about you or I, in the end what happens out there in the real world on a daily basis, is what will drive public opinion and sentiment.... NOTHING you or I say here is going to change that, period... end of story.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I agree with everything you have said in this post. It is well within reason.

Simply writing all police off as corrupt though is a little overzealous. Also, taking every instance of the police using force and labeling it as brutality is simply wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

You have taken my post entirely out of context. I was referring to the story in this post. Not the account of the incident in the original post.

You're right, I assumed you were addressing the original news story, and corrected that post. A mistake is not an indication of agenda.

My apologies.

Carry on.

edit on 17-6-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I am pretty sure I call a spade a spade. I have had instances where I have spoken out against the actions of the police. In this case, and others. I cannot remember a time where you have spoken out that the action taken by the police was right and justified. If I am wrong please show me.

When it comes to times I point out that the action taken by the police is justified, I try to look at the situation reasonably.

If the police are wrong, they are wrong. If the actions they take are reasonable and the reasoning can be shown behind their actions, then it is justifiable.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I concede, I'm a spade.

I've obviously never had anything good to say about law enforcement, and probably never will.

It's not at all true, but what's the point in arguing with you about myself?

In the end, I am as irrelevant here as you are.

*off to hang out with all of the other spades*

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

kill the cop

it would be just another dead pig that can rot in the streets as an example to others.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
If cops treat citizens with that much contemp and viciousness they deserve to be shot dead,the mother should have shot him,id have shot that man,because he wasnt a cop when he murdered that young man,he was a low life punk

Half way near the gestapo,ohh and shooting dogs seems to be their tag nowadays,that deserves a bullet in the head because they can shoot your dog,there may also be intent too shoot you,you can still protect yourself against a cop,this story just proves that you should,better him dead than you

I reckon the upsurge of them shooting dogs is part of their training, it establishes total dominance the dog is an extension of the family and the pig has just proved to you that he can kill a member of your family and you can do nothing about it, if you do react to the killing of your dog you are then opening the door for the pigs to beat you to the point of permanent injury or simply being killed either way it's golden for the pig as he gets to do what he loves best.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I concede, I'm a spade.

I've obviously never had anything good to say about law enforcement, and probably never will.

It's not at all true, but what's the point in arguing with you about myself?

*off to hang out with all of the other spades*

Cool, maybe we can hang together.

I have to admit that I am only 3.2% spade though.

edit on 17-6-2011 by butcherguy because: Forgot my sunglassesd

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
You're living in a country gone crazy...

“abandoning” hazardous waste (actually storing, in appropriate containers, valuable materials he was using for the clean-fuel technology he was developing). A second jury convicted him, and he spent 21 months in an Oregon federal prison.

WOW er WOW, I'll never visit the USA and if I lived there I'd leave, can't you see the speed of change to an extreme authoritarian style of government and policing, the above is incredible, shocking and a warning to all.

Thanks for the links, bookmarked.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

might as well just go ahead;

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

FACTS and REASON.
Those I have. I related that to you in my U2U that I sent.

I speak from my first hand knowledge. I know. I am not making things up.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I concede, I'm a spade.

I was not referring to you when I stated I call a spade a spade. What I meant when I stated that was when I see a clear cut case of police brutality or wrongdoing, such as this, I label it as such. Those cases that are not so clear cut, I look at them as a reasonable person and determine if there is any justification or reason why the officer would have taken said action.

If true, then I question how you can judge the actions of the police in an unbiased manner. If untrue, then I wonder how reasonable you are when passing judgement.

To be honest, we are not debating in an attempt to change each other's minds. I dont think any amount of debate will accomplish that. We are debating so that the countless other people who read this will see each point of view and make their own decision on the topic.

In the end we are both just as relevent as the other. No matter what the public forum, people are always listening.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Interesting, and some valid points.

Ultimately actions, and/or the lack thereof will always speak louder than words.

What is kept from the public can also be as damaging as what isn't.... The court of public opinion will always be more powerful than any court of law in that regard.... Law enforcement had better find ways to convince that public that they are not all corrupt, not all bad cops with tendencies toward abuses, racism, criminal activity and brutality, arbitrary and unjust application of the laws they enforce and more "stuff". That burden of proof is on them.

That will not happen in any forum, not here either, this has to happen internally, and must be expressed exclusively and explicitly through their collective actions out in and among the public.

We are not going to change any opinions here, any more than I can yours, or you can change mine.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join