It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Mr. Prater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would like to take a moment or two to publicly thank my husband for helping me become the person I am today. Marriage today can seem like a cruel farce, but you give me faith everyday that becoming your wife was the greatest decision I ever made. In less than two weeks we will celebrate our 6 year annivesary and after nine years of being together you have shown me that I am worth every breathe I take. You show me what it means to truly be a man. You work so hard at job you hate so that I may stay home and take care of our beautiful daughter. You are never too tired to play with your daughter and she is never a burden for you to handle.The sacrifices you have made never in your eyes were sacrifices. Dropping out of highschool to work and support us. Sticking up for me to your family that never understood why you wanted to be with a freak and whore. But you believed in me and knew that I wasn't a whore, just misunderstood. When my sister became entangled in a web of drugs and prostitution, you pulled her out each dope house risking your life so that she would know that she was loved and worth more than the life she was living.Truly a man.

At my lowest in life you made me feel beautiful. I've gained weight and am no longer that tiny women you became so attracted too, but that doesn't matter to you. In sweats I'm sexy and when I dress up I'm sexy. It doesn't matter to you because you love me for who I am. When I felt so ugly because of my weight you encouraged me to exercise not because you thought I needed to lose weight but because you know intricately how diabetes runs rampant in my family. With your help and encouragement I have already lost 30 lbs but for some reason you don't seem to know the difference. You have made realize that beauty comes from the inside out.

Your patience with me seems to be almost infinite. I know I'm very opinionated and will bombard you with my new ambitions as I sit on ATS and become more aware of things.You listen intently to my poltical,paranormal and ufo related rants that can go on for hours. You look at me like I'm intellgent and not just crazy. And when I'm done with these rants you give me another perspective that I may have never considered, because your insight is more logical and mine is more emotional.

The last thing I want to thank you for is never once in the nine years we have been together have you called me a b*tch even though I know I can be a major one. A boast that no one not even my father could have said.

So thank you Mr. Prater and thank you ATS for giving me a forum in which I can express thiss.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

It is nice to hear about such a happy marriage. It is hard to find a couple today who after so many years are still in love with each other. My wife and I have been married for 11 years and our relationship sounds alot like yours. We respect each other and encourage each other in what ever venture they want to persue. Congratulations on the weight lose. That in itesel is no easy task. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thank you very much and I'm glad that there is another couple out there like us. I just felt the need to express this and show that marriage is more than a state certified certificate.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

S & F!

It is great to hear something so nice and full of goodness that touches the heart, THANK YOU! Tell you what, from where I'm sitting I'd say your husband is as lucky as a man can get to have you as his wife lady S.

edit on 15-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added word

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Well I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this. With a world so full of hate sometimes we forget to love.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Well I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this. With a world so full of hate sometimes we forget to love.

Exactly right. To borrow from Heinlein: there should always be "Time Enough for Love"

new topics

top topics

join