It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a quick straight anwser...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've never heard of this secret aircraft "Firefly", do you have any legitimate links to it? I only know of the old 1960s/1970s "Firefly" that was a failed drone spy craft.

www.designation-systems.net...
edit on 14-6-2011 by Turiddu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

That's the "old" firefly. Actually, the term has more recently been applied to several projects and even non-aircraft aerial phenomenon well beyond the 60's, which, admittedly adds to the confusion.

For example, one such reference is from former-astronaut John Glenn (and others since -he started it) about small, luminous, rapidly moving lights buzzing his space capsule. Other pilots and such have also reported them. Some think these are just manifestations of your own eyes/brain when the human body undergo certain physical stresses (kind of like seeing ‘stars’ when you get dizzy or hit your head).

More recently the term has been applied to several 'black' project aircraft, including some of the triangular-shaped craft often reported here at ATS and elsewhere. Lately, the "Firefly" moniker has been more directly referring to experimental and 'black' aircraft that have certain lighting configurations on their outer hulls that are manipulated to appear in varying combinations to those on the ground.

Firefly - A Triangular NATO 'Black Ops' craft, although already 15-20 years in development is likely already operational. Like the old SR-71, and the U-2 before it, it is common for these black projects go 'live' and operational years - even decades - before the general public even hears of them.

Unrelated, but possibly significant, there have been some references to some of the 'sprites' and other insect-like anomalies that have been buzzing campers and hikers. Seceda has reported extensively on them. Anyway - I hear/read some witnesses referring to these phenomena as 'fireflies' as well - which, when added to black aircraft, and astronaut 'firefly' sightings and references, merely makes a 'firefly' bucket just that much bigger.

Thanks - and keep looking up!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Nope, no greenish tint. And it was moving way too slow to be a meteor.

Haha its starting to look that way

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well, after downloading Orbitron and spending quite a while tring to figure out how to work it, i have to say that it couldnt of been the ISS.

I've got a feeling it wasnt anything above our atmosphere. Looked like it was cruising at no more than 30,000 feet.

The thing is that it looked like a solid bright light moving across the sky with no visible stucture.

I'm gona have to say it was a UFO for now. Not sayin it was controlled by ETs, just that its unidentified.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi there,
I spend a lot of time around aircraft, both my parents are in the airline industry, and I grew up around them. There are a few explanations for what you saw... If there was no noise whatsoever, it was not a helicopter. Aeroplanes tend to use blinking white, blue and red lights, so I very much doubt it was that. It may have been a microlite or a remote controlled aircraft. What was the altitude and flight pattern?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hey OP, don't forget about the secret stealth/silent helicopter we ditched in the fake Bin Laden raid....

If it performs like a chopper with a search light, but you can't hear it, this is a possibility.

This is totally off topic but the guy in Pakastan who was tweeting while this was going on said he heard helicopters. so not silent. Just quieter than other copters.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthAfricanOutcast

I would say it was anywhere between 25,000- 30,000 feet and even at that hight this thing was surprisingly bright. Just moving in a straight line heading east.

Would people fly remote controlled planes in those conditions? keep in mind it was getting fairly dark...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join