It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Of You That Have Actually Been To Area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
""I was wondering is it worth a visit?""

I'd go to Yucca Mountain and dig around there to see what's going on.

Why did they build the place then when it was done decide they weren't putting the nuclear waste in it?

Go dig around there with a camera and see what you see. Get one of them microphone's with the bowl on it so you can pick up sound from a distance as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
""I was wondering is it worth a visit?""

I'd go to Yucca Mountain and dig around there to see what's going on.

Why did they build the place then when it was done decide they weren't putting the nuclear waste in it?

Go dig around there with a camera and see what you see. Get one of them microphone's with the bowl on it so you can pick up sound from a distance as well.

Isn't Yucca Mountain within a highly secure area with little or no public access, even though it is a basically abandoned project?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Thanks for the info man. I checked out the schedule and it looks like all the red flags are cancelled all the way until January
. Oh well I'll have to try another time. I would love to see a missile launch. That would be kick ass!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
Another thing you might wanna do is head out to the E.T. highway, stop at the Ale-Inn and have a cheeseburger and listen to what the locals say actually goes on our there in the high desert!

I had considered that would be a good idea. I would love to talk to the people out there about the weird stuff. I have only driven through the high desert. I am a little bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to wildlife so I have never really spent a considerable amount of time there at night. I have been to Joshua tree. I got to watch the satellites and stars at night. That was amazing. I am hoping to go again soon so I can see the milky way.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by dbloch7986

They open the Edwards Open House with a sonic boom. It is a high altitude one, but that is one place where you know you will get to hear one on a schedule.

They didn't have an open house last year, so maybe they will have one this year. I think Edwards has the best static displays. The flying is good there too. IIRC, that is the only place I ever saw a B-1B do a Cuban-8. Shadowhawk probably knows this for sure.

Do you know where I would find the date of the next open house?

I have been to the Miramar Air Show. While it is awesome they only go fast enough to create the condensation cone but they don't actually go supersonic

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was in Vegas last summer and went to hire out a Wrangler Jeep to visit the Hoover dam and then drive on to Rachel and Area 51. I mentioned this to the young lad on the hire desk and he said there was no point in visiting Area 51 as it was abandoned and everything had been moved to Canada! This was supported by a guy I had a few crafty pints with in the Cleopatra on the barge pub in Caesars Palace. I'm going back this Christmas and I'm going out my way to drive out there and see for myself. I could kick myself for being talked out of visiting this incredible area. No matter what, go there, take it all in, take pictures, then come back on here and share your views with us all.
"Have a great time."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brickof22cal

Exactly my thoughts. I always thought there was a specific reason the US Government chose Nevada to do nuclear testing and build Area 51. It's an odd state for sure. I have driven through Arizona and New Mexico but nothing is quite as desolate as the Nevada landscape.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I'm not quite sure on that one. I was going more for the tourist value than anything haha. I will do some exploring one day when I am not cramped for time or cash.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack

Well now that I see that there are not going to be any Red Flag Operations I am rethinking it. I am going to be cramped for time and cash on this visit so I may not go after all.

I am definitely going to the Hoover Dam. I am hoping to get a picture of the all-spark.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Go! You won't regret it. Take time to check out the cool photo albums at the Lil Ali' Inn.

Don't let the guards bother you - they get bored and like to make themselves seen to intimidate you. They are used to people heading out there though, so don't worry - just don't do anything stupid (like testing their resolve).

Grab some chairs, and enjoy the night!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join