It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Assume They Come From Another Planet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
removed as being way off topic..
edit on 12-6-2011 by SonoftheSun because: off topic

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ya know I really hate to say this cuz I do not
say it very often, but this thread is a waste of time.
I nominate it for the useless thread of the day award.
Absolutely nothing new here, plus a cheesy B video.
Please make your way to the exits if you so desire.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So, basing my assumptions on your other thread, you were born and immediately started researching UFOs? It's gonna be one long summer here on ATS, that's for sure...

On the serious side, though, the idea you are sharing with us, isn't new, and has been talked about for a few thousand times here on ATS. We can summarize most scenarios in the following cathegories:

1 - All UFO cases that involve a hard physical technological craft are a result of only our own technological advancement that has been taking place behind the curtain for 110 years.

2 - Some of these UFO cases fall in the cathegory above, the other are alien in nature, and by alien I mean the following scenarios:
a) aliens from another planet
b) beings appearing from another dimension
c) timetravellers (us from the future or the past)

Although this is an uneducated guess - I'm inclined on believing a), b) and c) do all exist, however, are they visiting us? I have no idea, is there proof in any of the two directions? Not really. The testimonies of government "officials", ex-military personnel and other such, aren't actually very credible in my opinion, why you would ask?

Imagine that scenario 1 is the correct answer, now imagine you're one from the very few "in the know" and you have close to unlimited resources on your hands. You want to keep hidden this top technology you're holding from most of the eyes in the world in order to stay on top as a military force, so what would you do? You create the myth of aliens visiting us so that average Joe would have something to chew on, in the meantime you pay a group of many people who are "credible" a vast amount of money so they would just go out and say that they have seen aliens and those are in contact with our governments, and other such misinformation.

OK, back to subpoints a),b),and c) - we don't have much (if any) knowledge and experience regarding b) and c) so we will have to stick with a). Do we know for sure whether aliens are visiting us? No. Is there enough information for us to reach certain conclusions? No. Is it possible that all the abduction cases and meetings of ETs are a mixture between pop culture and night/sleep terror? Quite. Add to the equation the size of the Universe and answer this to yourself - which is more likely - scenario 1 and the additions I've mentioned, or scenario 2 - beings from the other side of the Milky Way come all the way to Earth for unknown for us reasons? I know that both are very possible, but WHICH IS MORE LIKELY?

Irony is, the OP could very well be correct that UFOs aren't coming from another place in the Universe, but I doubt that ghosts ride in flying triangles and saucers

edit on 12-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
ya know I really hate to say this cuz I do not
say it very often, but this thread is a waste of time.
I nominate it for the useless thread of the day award.
Absolutely nothing new here, plus a cheesy B video.
Please make your way to the exits if you so desire.

Useless Thread of the Day Nominee by the Undisputed Winner of the Useless Thread of the Year Award:

Illuminati member on ATS will now take your questions

edit on 12-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I think I just punctured my lung laughing out hard!

Boobdock-saint... that was one very special day for ATS history ROFL

TheGUT, you get the Weekly Post Counterattack prize!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecy4

Part of the premise is based on the notion of evolution, which is loaded with holes.

I know this forum is a monument to irrationality, but still, a CREATIONIST, REALLY, A CREATIONIST

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecy4

So why exactly should we assume that aliens are from another planet and not another dimension or even supernatural entities that we are trying to explain away as something natural?

I have always thought that what would appear to be an alien to us earthlings, would actually be life from Earth itself. The possibility of another species, or even s species closely related to mankind, has had a few genetic mutations that enabled super intelligence, really really high IQ so to speak.

If this sect of species with an incredible heightened intelligence level were to breed for a few generations, it would seem it would be child's play for them to engineer different technologies and become advanced to our standards.

It has been billions of years with life roaming the Earth, I would think it would be highly likely that within that time frame , animals or other, (every once in a while) would have a mutation for very high relative intelligence compared to our own human species.

Now the question would be, when , how , why , and most importantly who..

Would make a great science fiction movie me thinks.

Mental note:: I must also state that achieving the utter most intelligence may not exactly be a good thing for life in general, because a population just might realize that life just does not matter at all, and choose to cease to exist at all. So let us hope that an advanced intelligent form of beings from earths biological past, is dumb enough to still want to exist and reproduce. And with the "Aliens" this thread is about, It would seem that for discussions sake, they have not got that far yet!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So why exactly should we assume that aliens are from another planet and not another dimension or even supernatural entities that we are trying to explain away as something natural?

As a UFO contactee I want to say much about "aliens" from "another planet" but as a mystic I want to STFU about it. So I'll just say that I agree things are no longer as simple for the UFO phenomenon as they were back in the 50s and we should all try to prepare for unusual ways of thinking about them. These ain't your grandpas flying saucers.

The third worldview, M3, is transcendental or mental monism, which Harman argued is the source of both the perennial wisdom and the emerging worldview of the twenty-first century. In M3, consciousness is primary, and matter and energy are emergent properties of consciousness. M3 accommodates everything that M1 [materialism] and M2 [dualism] allow for, as well as rogue phenomena like telepathic ETs, observation-shy UFOs, and collective mind–manifested UFOs. Evidence in favor of M3 has been slowly amassing for over a century. Such recent books as Irreducible Mind, Entangled Minds, and Measuring the Immeasurable (see review 0n page 41) discuss the empirical evidence in detail, ranging from psychic phenomena to creative genius to mind-body interactions to evidence suggestive of reincarnation.

The Enduring Enigma of the UFO

edit on 12-6-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I've been studying UFOs and Aliens for a long time. About 14 years and one thing I find that is very lacking is any actual evidence that they come from space. Follow me here and pay close attention before responding.

#1 - They have been tracked on radar which means they can be detected by radar, yet they suddenly show up.
#2 - They have never been tracked "en route" to earth from another star or galaxy, but only after they're here.
#3 - We have no evidence that there is life anywhere except earth

Part of the premise is based on the notion of evolution, which is loaded with holes. Part of it is based on the assumption that life has to exist somewhere else (no evidence though). Part of it is based on the notion that it explains supernatural stories all of the world, but it doesn't.

edit on 12-6-2011 by prophecy4 because: (no reason given)

#1 and #2 Simple, they bend space/time and move through the wrinkle to go from point A to point B alot faster then flying from point A to point B. We know this is possible from einstien's work and other's that built on it. It is like the show Sliders, open a hole jump through close it basicly.

#3 Not true in any way. Microbial life in tons of crap we are finding from mars to comets, not to mention the extreme life on earth alone that supports the possibility of life in areaas we never thought to look.

Any thing beyond "our" natural experiance is supernatural, so no matter where, who, what they are they are supernatural already. And by explaining stuff that is natural as natural it keeps people from seeing dragons in every foggy tree with an owl in it. You fliter the crap, study the real events. To many people just want attention and will say anything for it, so we must filter the natural and mentaly ill out to find the truth.

We assume they come from another planet by applying occam's razor which is a principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects.

We come from a planet, so they must too. They are not here in our capacity to see them so they must be somewhere else. There are more planets out there then sand here, so logic dicates they are out there somewhere on another planet. We are exploring space travel so another intelligent specis in this universe would be doing the same by logic. Etc................

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The general public perceive this to be the case because we all get told that 'they are from out of this world' or '...they aren't from here' so that is why when people watch these documentaries they automatically believe that 'aliens' are from different planets. Whilst this may or may not be true the perception that is thrown at us via the media makes us think that 'aliens' are way ahead of us in technology and we have yet to truly encounter them on a large scale but more significantly its the oldest reports of 'alien' encounters and UFO's which teach people to decipher between fact or fiction. Apparently 'aliens' are already here, working alongside our governments underneath our feet and in secret bases...

I tend to support this theory but the question is why?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
So, basing my assumptions on your other thread, you were born and immediately started researching UFOs? It's gonna be one long summer here on ATS, that's for sure...

Your assumption is wrong and just because you don't agree with a HYPOTHETICAL question doesn't mean I'm young, just means you need to brush up on your reading and comprehension skills.

On the serious side, though, the idea you are sharing with us, isn't new, and has been talked about for a few thousand times here on ATS. We can summarize most scenarios in the following cathegories:

1 - All UFO cases that involve a hard physical technological craft are a result of only our own technological advancement that has been taking place behind the curtain for 110 years.

2 - Some of these UFO cases fall in the cathegory above, the other are alien in nature, and by alien I mean the following scenarios:
a) aliens from another planet
b) beings appearing from another dimension
c) timetravellers (us from the future or the past)

Most ideas aren't new and I know that already. People love to think they are informing other people when you in fact are not.

Although this is an uneducated guess - I'm inclined on believing a), b) and c) do all exist, however, are they visiting us? I have no idea, is there proof in any of the two directions? Not really. The testimonies of government "officials", ex-military personnel and other such, aren't actually very credible in my opinion, why you would ask?

Imagine that scenario 1 is the correct answer, now imagine you're one from the very few "in the know" and you have close to unlimited resources on your hands. You want to keep hidden this top technology you're holding from most of the eyes in the world in order to stay on top as a military force, so what would you do? You create the myth of aliens visiting us so that average Joe would have something to chew on, in the meantime you pay a group of many people who are "credible" a vast amount of money so they would just go out and say that they have seen aliens and those are in contact with our governments, and other such misinformation.

OK, back to subpoints a),b),and c) - we don't have much (if any) knowledge and experience regarding b) and c) so we will have to stick with a). Do we know for sure whether aliens are visiting us? No. Is there enough information for us to reach certain conclusions? No. Is it possible that all the abduction cases and meetings of ETs are a mixture between pop culture and night/sleep terror? Quite. Add to the equation the size of the Universe and answer this to yourself - which is more likely - scenario 1 and the additions I've mentioned, or scenario 2 - beings from the other side of the Milky Way come all the way to Earth for unknown for us reasons? I know that both are very possible, but WHICH IS MORE LIKELY?

Irony is, the OP could very well be correct that UFOs aren't coming from another place in the Universe, but I doubt that ghosts ride in flying triangles and saucers

I don't believe in ghosts or aliens (beings from other planets) by the way, but I'm open to the idea of interdimensional beings. I just find them to be interesting topics. I think more people should open their eyes to the possibility that these things are likely liars and everything is definitely not as it appears to be.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxNormal

Are you referring to the claims they make, then "correct" later on with not as much media behind it? LOL. Do some research and you'll find that the retraction is usually much smaller than the initial "discovery". Raise your hand if you own the National Geographic issue in which they pointed out that evolution has very little evidence to go on, but is still "right" because of no alternative theory. LOL. I have it. The header reads, "Was Darwin Wrong?"

There doesn't need to be an alternative theory for something to be wrong. If it's wrong it's wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
REMINDER:
The topic of this thread is Why Do We Assume They Come From Another Planet?,
Discuss THAT.

Video has been removed since it has nothing to do with the topic....so stop discussing it.
edit on June 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's actually IMPOSSIBLE for them to come from other Systems because you can't travel faster then the Speed of light.

You see, E is a Jerk, And when deciding what to equal it Went and Acted like one by picking MC^2. If E Equaled something Else, faster then light travel would be possible, but E DOES Equal MC^2 making faster then light travel impossible.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So why exactly should we assume that "aliens" are from another dimension, or supernatural entities? When they could be our own government using these ideas to cover up technology we don't think they're capable of having yet?

So why exactly should we assume that "aliens" are from another dimension, or supernatural entities? When they could be an advanced species that "evolved" right here on earth long before we did, and have been covering their tracks for a very long time, and living amongst us? Hidden in plain sight, but covert enough to keep us from seeing anymore than they want us to see. Historically, and today?

Sounds just as plausible as aliens, interdimensional, supernatural beings to me.
edit on 6/12/2011 by Klassified because: Punctuation

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's also kinda built into they Definition of "Alien" that they come from somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePuppyTurtle
It's also kinda built into they Definition of "Alien" that they come from somewhere else.

Or, it could just be they are alien to us. And not to the earth. Just another perspective to ponder.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by MaxNormal

Are you referring to the claims they make, then "correct" later on with not as much media behind it? LOL. Do some research and you'll find that the retraction is usually much smaller than the initial "discovery". Raise your hand if you own the National Geographic issue in which they pointed out that evolution has very little evidence to go on, but is still "right" because of no alternative theory. LOL. I have it. The header reads, "Was Darwin Wrong?"

There doesn't need to be an alternative theory for something to be wrong. If it's wrong it's wrong.

Your reply has absolutley nothing to do with what I said in anyway. Did you actually read it? I doubt it. Your nonsensicle ranting is the typical mentally ill drug induced sense of reality that so many fall into. Stop, apply some logic and slow the hell down. You are all over the place without addresing any issues or adding any evidence or logic, just your bs about "them" and the lie's "they" tell.

I told you exactly why we all assume and you cannot or will not addrese any of my statements. You are just fear mongering and care more about rebeling against some "system" that you do not care about the truth enough to even research and logically think about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Because they do,

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Another problem is that there is NO EVIDENCE that any of this stuff comes from Lizard People, So what is the thing that may not Come from another Planet?
edit on 13-6-2011 by ThePuppyTurtle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join