It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i go through the airport body scanners?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

doesn't make sense to me to go through the time and expense of flying yourself and your huge american package when it's such a short drive. when you get to where you're going you'll probably have to rent a car anyway. or, more likely, a huge roomy van, for all that manly cargo.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I quit flying because of the practices of the TSA and refuse to do so again.

This.

You're wrong for even getting on that plane. By getting on that plane, you have already forfeited your freedoms. "Should I let them irradiate me, or grope me?" The proper answer to that question is "NO."

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Personally, I would go through the scanners. You are only in there for seconds at the most....Even if the radiation
emitted is higher than that of a CT scan, a CT scan is going to take minutes and several depending on what type of test you are having run. It's not like your gonna hang out in the scanner.

Save yourself the worry and hassle. Do the scanner.

Pax

Great advice!

How long have you been working for the TSA?

Isn't it true the end goal is to do pat-downs AND naked body scanner to everyone?

Do you like the groping part about your job, the breast grab, crotch feel...maybe finger sliding across butt crack. Which one gets you going?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I flew out of Detroit Metro three weeks ago and got there two hours early. I opted out of the x-ray machine. The tsa agent acted like it pissed him off and tried to intimidate me. I held firm in my choice. They called for a woman agent to pat me down. I opted out of going into a room for privacy and got the pat down in front of everyone. My husband and 17 year old daughter also got the pat down. The tsa agent tried telling my husband the ray machine was completely safe. My husband told him the dental technician doesn't even stay in the room when he's getting x-rayed and he had doubts about their machines.

The pat down isn't as bad as having your whole body scanned by a machine the pilots don't want to go through.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Baltimore to Orlando? I'd just drive. I don't fly anywhere in the US. Mainly because the domestic airlines suck and being 6'3 220lbs, too cramped in Economy as well. Plus driving is so much better, see some of the countryside, etc. I drive whenever i travel in the US.

However i do job related flying back and forth from the Mideast 4-6 times a year since 2003 using British Airways or Lufthansa. I've yet to be groped by TSA. I've been thru the airport scanner once at Dulles DC airport. Only time i've had any issues have been at Frankfurt and Heathrow, they're a touchy feely bunch.

If you do fly and opt out from the scanning just be prepared for a hassle.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Personally I wouldn't use the scanners.

I am not flying anywhere, sadly any time soon. So feel free to use what I have already thought out to say when I finally do fly.

"Look, in the past 2.5years, I have had 4 CT scans, 1 IVP, 1 Bone Scan, 1 MRI, 6 Chest Xrays and 2 Shoulder Xrays. I have been radiated enough... so feel me up so I can catch my flight!"

It's not a total lie.. I did have all of those, and you are mearly borrrowing from my life experiances

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You have 2 choices

Radiation
Being touched by pervs

better take the train/car/bus lol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I would recommend not flying. When you fly you support the Airlines and the TSA, neither of which deserve to exist.

edit on 15-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If you must fly and you opt out of the scanner...you will be harassed for choosing the pat down. If you show any attitude towards the TSA or express any objection to the pat down you will be delayed on purpose. You need to decide what is more important to you. Getting to your vacation destination on time or you freedom and dignity. Sadly, this is the choice we are forced to make if you need to fly any longer.

I have flown once since this started and it will be last time. It was a horrible experiance.

FYI: Early flights are best as TSA is usully not set up to harassed the masses early in the morning.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot
FYI: Early flights are best as TSA is usully not set up to harassed the masses early in the morning.

Our flight is at 9AM on a Saturday

edit on 17-6-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Don't worry about the scanners. I fly all the time and go thru the scanners and most of the warts they give me have fallen off and the rash around my privates is clearing up nicely.

Enjoy your trip!

edit on 17-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptptpt

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yea I just bite the bullet and go through em...if I flew for work or something and it was often I wouldn't but since I don't I do. I have only once not had to go through the scanner. I just passed through a metal detector and that was it. I also have only once been pulled out for extra security. That only consisted of a search through my backpack. The funny thing is when the guy got to my water proof box where I keep my important stuff he looked at it and laughed and said ok I'm done...never opened it
. I guess my bag was packed so tight he didn't wanna deal with most of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Update

So, I just got back from vacation. On the way to Orlando (MCO) from Baltimore (BWI), there was no issue, everybody went through the metal detectors. BUT, on the way back we were confronted with the scanners, there were no metal detectors to go through, just the backscatter machines. I opted to get the pat-down and was patted down. To go through the metal detectors, I took off my belt and my pants were pretty much falling down. I wear a size 32 when I'm really a size 28 with a belt, just to get the length below my knees. The guy was friendly and it certainly didn't hurt that I was with my family (2 brothers, 14 and 11, and my parents). We're not exactly the atypical terrorist profile. He went up my legs, but didn't feel my rear or the front. It wasn't as awkward as I would have thought.

Thanks for the help guys!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Flying is your right and avoiding to fly is only allowing the govt. to limit your movement but then same goes with the body scanners too.. It depends on you really.... Doomed if we do...Doomed if we don't

top topics

<< 1   >>

join