It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sounds during Skype

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So hey, yesterday I've got some common speak on Skype with my cousine in Canada and at the moment I said a few key-words like America, Collapse, Euro, China, Russia,$, and finaly "new world order". I've started to realize such "sshhh-sshhh-sshhh-..." like cicadas or birds. So I've asked him if he hear it too and when he confirmed he does, after a while I've heard such tiny "BEEP" and it was over. I know this is nothing special. Many times I actually heard even voices. (I wonder how it is even possible with digital - not analog signal) However I wanna know if you have some similar experience or explanations. You know I don't care much this time but next time should I better watch my mouth? Was I recorded? Should I get a rid of Skype?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Too late.

You'll get a red dot on your letter box within the week.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe just coincidence. The suns been getting nasty lately. I have a 30mbps connection for the internet, with very little hickups ever, but its been pretty slow here and there the last week.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It does sound tapped. The beeps sound similar to what people have told me their cells would make. When I lived in one city and most cellphones or at least through one local company, it was stated in the contract of the company that they monitor for 'drugspeak' codewords. Not sure about skype's policy, but can surely bet they monitor, just as other internet communication mediums, such as e-mail, are watched.
edit on 12-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Yeah - glad to hear someone else has connection problems. Last week I couldn't play Quakelive it was so laging. I was thinking like c'mon, M-2 class flares - impossible, but yes.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I know it all is being monitored but in such amateurish way that we can hear it? Or "they" wanna be heard? It's funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
haven't noticed any noises. have noticed a lot of crappy connections and dropped calls ever since microsoft bought it though

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its just interference.

Skype uses VOIP without any QOS or COS as it is not available over the public internet without a VPN. Therefore yuor data is in "best effort" transfer mode, a lot of data will get lost. You will also get a lot of hiss from the compression used on the voice data if there is a poor network link.

This is pretty normal for skype.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Do some research on the internet version 2... youll find lots of intresting facts there

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

And I was told it is better encrypted than cell phones calls... With analog signal it is simple, but I still don't understand how digital signal can interference. I thought you either recieve a packet or not. Well, this was pretty weird interference anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh yeah ... there are those that are under surveillance ///and those surveilling ... what a brilliant way to divide and conquer .,,I must say ....

those that have been allowed these powers to listen and watch ..Im sure have been promised superiority ..and at this point are very addicted to the hobby of watching/listening....

little do they know, I think, that they themselves are watched ..and eventually will be low on the ol totem once the listed are eliminated ...

jusy my guesses here ... but I do know that this strata and division exists ... I know alll to well ..

all I can do is demonstrate the oneness, that, in the end, is the truth that never changes... and smiles at the folly ...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Yeah, I used to use skype a lot myself, and I remember hearing all sorts of weird beeps, and even 'whispers' at times....once or twice I'd even get this strange digital echo that was pretty freaky repeating everything I said (it was my voice of course.) Thing is I wasn't talking about the Illuminati or conspiracies or anything of that sort.....I doubt your problem had anything to do with any monitoring system....If they had something like that then I'm sure it would be sophisticated enough that you wouldn't be aware of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I wouldnt worry about it, Skype isn't the most reliable and secure to communicate on the internet. There are tons and tons of gadgets out there that interfere with internet/ Telephone lines.

I heard a while back that the company behind Skype either does or has tried to record its users calls but i couldnt varify it so i moved on.

Just don't let it bother you, unless you are discussing illegal stuff (which i doubt you are).

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have no doubt that the shadow government has massive surveillance capabilities.

However, if they knew you had said "new world order", then they heard it -- therefore they were already monitoring you before the noise you heard. I can't see why there would suddenly be static on the line due to surveillance if they had to have been listening beforehand. Not saying there couldn't be, but it doesn't make direct sense.

Nevertheless, I noticed something similar on a phone call several years back, 2005 or something. I had mentioned some political or presidential topic and suddenly noticed noise on the line for about a minute. (shrug) What can we do? I'm convinced the only solution is massive, peaceful demonstrations when the time is right.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by Shamatt

And I was told it is better encrypted than cell phones calls... With analog signal it is simple, but I still don't understand how digital signal can interference. I thought you either recieve a packet or not. Well, this was pretty weird interference anyway.

That's the point. Your packets go missing and the software tries to correct for it, which is hard as it has to do this AFTER decompression, and that is why it sounds like interference when it is actuallly just data loss.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yes....I have these strange hisses when a connection is made with the person I call. Some years ago I heared about something called Echelon which is a survaillance instument for the intelligence services of .......? This computer can recognise key-words and will start the recording once recognised.

I didn't read all the replies but is there ever made a research about who is behind Skype? It will not surprise me if in the end there is something like a NSA pulling the strings. All part of the end of days scenario.....who goes on the red list and who will end up on the black list.

All in the name of war against drugs.....no...I mean, terrorists.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Yes....I have these strange hisses when a connection is made with the person I call. Some years ago I heared about something called Echelon which is a survaillance instument for the intelligence services of .......? This computer can recognise key-words and will start the recording once recognised.

I didn't read all the replies but is there ever made a research about who is behind Skype? It will not surprise me if in the end there is something like a NSA pulling the strings. All part of the end of days scenario.....who goes on the red list and who will end up on the black list.

All in the name of war against drugs.....no...I mean, terrorists.

The thing with Skype is that it is a point to point thing. Your calls do not all go via a central server. The client on your computer connects directly to the client on the computer you call. In order to intercept the packets would need to be isolated from the general traffic and coppied to a third party. Technically possible, but I would need to know your IP Address, and that is not usually static. It is far more complex than you would immagine. It's not like the old days when you could pop into the exchange and put a wire on someones line....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
It's not like the old days when you could pop into the exchange and put a wire on someones line....

Its much easier today (for THEM), all it needs are a few mouse clicks now, no need for even leaving the desk or fiddling around with hardware and tapping wires. All the complexity of finding the data packets of interest, rerouting them, decoding them is done by cleverly programmed little pieces of software, deployed at the right locations, some of them even built right into every skype client itself.

And they will NOT cause any strange sounds for you to hear when they write a copy of your data packets to their hard drives.

edit on 12-6-2011 by prof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I can only imagine how odd that may seem since I have never used Skype. However, I have heard some weird noises during two conversations using my cell last week. I am hoping someone may have an explination as to what this was and why it happend. And just incase this may be relative, I use Straight Talk. The first time it happened, I was chatting with a friend. I do not remember what we being said at the time this occurred, but she was in the middle of a sentence when I suddenly heard a high pitch, constant ring or beep. It completely cut her off. And it never stopped. I had to hang up and call her back. I asked if she had heard it and she said no. The second time, I was talking with my mom on a different day. This time the sound was different. It wasn't a constant "BEEEEEPPP!" like before. It was more like an alarm with 2 differently pitched beeps sounding over and over again. Again, I had to hang up and call her back. She didn't hear it either on her end. Never heard this happen before.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sorry guys, no one is getting tapped. You are just paranoid.
Skype has 21 million users and if someone would want people to get tapped then they would need to tap 1 million + users and all of their conversations which range from 10 minutes to 4 hours and people make several calls each day.

There is just a problem with one of the callers microphone which is pretty common.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join