It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Survival NEW on now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Episode "Eating Dust ", where the two are in the Baja Mexico Desert, and Dave attempts to start a fire with his urine...

None the less, I'll comment more later during next commercial break.

edit on 10-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its horribly funny, the show is great though, and although not the best example of routine survival, I really like the extreme situations they depict, because in my opinion that's more realistic. The show is worth the learning experience, not every situation id going to be preferable and it helps to have an idea of the worse case types that are out there.

It also seems the urine to start a fire trick requires a clear plastic bag and clear urine, as dark urine is a bad sign as not able to refract the light in a fashion needed.

More to come after this break.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I do watch the show from time to time and have learned from it. In my opinion though walking around barefoot is NOT a good idea. Not sure what he's trying to prove. Other than that, worth watching

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seem Dave was able to start a fire, as his urine was not too dark, crazy but the idea will make fire.

Amazing, some times just have to remember if it works, then it is not stupid.

Excellent show, Cody made his own twine for a snare, and it worked he caught a rabbit from a trap he handmade from scratch.

edit on 10-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I usually wait till there are a few in the queue.

Then do a marathon with similar shows. (armchair training session lol)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Love this show. It's pretty practical, unlike Grilles. I've already record most of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Excellent news, ta, this is one of the progs I'll record in hd cos it's worth the memory space!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I'm glad they finally did a desert show, as I am a high desert rat like Cody. It's a bit contrived at times, but I've learned something useful from nearly every show. Funny, too!

new topics

top topics

join