It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ok even though I'm only a few points away from being able to buy into the RATS area, I'm still pretty damn sick of clicking a thread on the main page and getting the following message:

You have attempted access to the Really Above Top Secret restricted
access forum. If you have the appropriate amount of points, you may purchase access rights in the ATS Store, located in the Member Center.

If I don't have access to the thread then it shouldn't be viewable to me in the "Recent Post" area of the main forum page. Nothing more annoying than clicking on an interesting post and being told I'm not good enough or haven't posted enough to read it.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
your only 300 hundred away. not that much at all. post a good interesting topic and it will take off all by itself. i went to work one night, came home about 6 hours later and was up like 1500 points. it was going good before i left, but i didnt expect that...

RR

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
your only 300 hundred away.

Again it's not a question of how far I am away, it's more that it's an inconvenience to take the time to click on a thread, regardless of how far away anyone under the required 3500 is to access, only to be denied due to this seemingly arbitrary point restriction.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

it's more that it's an inconvenience to take the time to click on a thread

your that busy?...

regardless of how far away anyone under the required 3500 is to access, only to be denied due to this seemingly arbitrary point restriction

you need to earn it, like everyone else did. for me, its kinda fun, but i have access to both the RATS and the political mud pit. it felt good when i got in. you gotta wait like everyone else. or stop clicking on them. they aint gonna give in ya know...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Use this page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shows in wich forums the threads are (even have color-help), so you can just ignore thoses in RATS for now.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR

Again it's not a question of how far I am away, it's more that it's an inconvenience to take the time to click on a thread, regardless of how far away anyone under the required 3500 is to access, only to be denied due to this seemingly arbitrary point restriction.

Have you considered NOT clicking on them? Has it not occurred to you that they are there to entice you to EARN the points through good contribution and make the purchase?

The restriction is anything BUT "arbitrary" but thanks for the comments just the same.

m...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
or perhaps this is just a cheap grab at the last few hundred points? hmmm.....

RR

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

your that busy?...

Yes as a matter of fact I am...

you gotta wait like everyone else. or stop clicking on them. they aint gonna give in ya know...

I'm not clicking on anything other than what is already showing up in the "recent post" area which has no distinction whether or not it's RATS! Secondly, I'm not asking anyone to "give in" I'm just asking that they situate the "recent post" area so that the RATS posts can't be seen by people with less than the required points. Get it?

[edit on 7-8-2004 by RR]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
wow dude, i'd be willing to get a warning and a -250 points to tell ya what i really think of you, but instead...ahem...read this carefully : THERE ARE LITTLE ICONS NEXT TO THREAD....DUHHHHH WHEN IT IS IN RED (WHICH CURRENTLY THERE ARE ABOUT 3 !!!!!) THAT THE RATS FORUM. can you handle avoiding 3 clicks? i sincerly hope so.

god dude, lighten up will ya?

one more thought....if your THAT busy, why are you on here? go do what you gotta do....

[edit on 7-8-2004 by sublime4372]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Should we tell him/her that not only do you have to "earn the points" but it isn't an automatic upgrade?

What the heck... I am in a decent mood tonight...

RR, see here, after you have earned the points you must go to the ATS Store and purchase RATS access, I mention this because I didn't want your evident frustration to continue when, after you earned the points you still found yourself locked out of the forum because you didn't "buy it".

m...

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Springer]

RR

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

wow dude, i'd be willing to get a warning and a -250 points to tell ya what i really think of you

Pfft...Like I really care what you think of me...

I can't speak for your front page but mine doesn't distinguish between what post is located where on this forum, ok? Maybe you have red marks that show where what thread is located but I don't so why don't you lighten up, it's not like I'm talking about your mama or anything...

Originally posted by Springer
RR, see here, after you have earned the points you must go to the ATS Store and purchase RATS access

Thanks for that but I'm already aware that access to RATS must be "bought"...

[edit on 7-8-2004 by RR]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Uh everyone, RR is talking about the 'Recent Posts' list on the main page, not the 'Todays Threads' list. He is also correct that it doesn't distinguish between RATS and other posts. Lets not jump on his back until we understand what he is talking about please.

RR, what everyone was trying to tell you (in their own loving way.
) was that you are probably better off to use the Todays Posts page to view recent posts, you can get there by clicking 'Recent Posts' up underneath the ATS logo. You will find that this page is far better for browsing todays posts. Each forum has its little logo and is all Colour-coded nicely.

As far as changing the 'recent posts' list on the main page so it has to figure out who can view what, its probably unlikely. You'd have a hard time convincing anyone you were actually that busy while browsing ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Uh everyone, RR is talking about the 'Recent Posts' list on the main page, not the 'Todays Threads' list. He is also correct that it doesn't distinguish between RATS and other posts

except in the middle where it says forum? and then in RED LETTERS say Really Above top secret? on recent posts? hmmm ive found that confusing myself.
no disrespect to the da supa-mod though..

[edit on 7-8-2004 by sublime4372]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This so funny fighting for lack of points, better learn to be patient or the debates in the restricted forums are going to cost you more than just a few points.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This so funny fighting for lack of points, better learn to be patient or the debates in the restricted forums are going to cost you more than just a few points.

- How true!

or perhaps this is just a cheap grab at the last few hundred points? hmmm.....

I wish - I seem to post in Board Questions more than anywhere else, but actually you can't earn points in here.

RR:
I've been here for less than two months - I don't really post like rabbits...well...you know - I'm just the average ATS member and I have access to RATS - and all be it, there are some interesting things there....it's just as interesting as the rest of the forum. You got a few points to go, so just sit back and watch them add up, then go broke and work 'em back up - and relax a little, cuz if you want to make points you got to present good ideas and tackle arguements without losing your cool -

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
no this is not a cheap grab at points if he wanted those so bad he would just go post in short storys.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

except in the middle where it says forum? and then in RED LETTERS say Really Above top secret? on recent posts? hmmm ive found that confusing myself.
no disrespect to the da supa-mod though..

Poor poor sublime, he is yet to realise that when a post has 'Kano' in the top right, it is never wrong.

Just to clarify, for those not so quick on the uptake...
RR is talking about the 'Recent Posts' list on the main page.

... main page... as in this. Not todays posts, as in this.

No disrespect to 'da' one not paying attention though.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but where is the ATS Store?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

At the top, Membercenter (U2U)

ATS Store is on the left side.

Oops...forgot to put Store....

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by dcgolf

At the top, Membercenter (U2U)[/b]

ATS is on the left side.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join