It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post and I would like to inform and get opinons on Night Terrors.My daughter suffers horribly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Haunted by memories of my own night terrors as a child, I've since studied them quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that the majority of night terrors are caused by Cognitive Dissonance. This is basically 2 diametrically opposed ideas existing in the same space at once, like small or large both existing in the concept of size.

The two major cognitive dissonances in night terrors usually involve conflicting sizes and conflicting speeds. If you could come up with some sort of learning program that helps you child to differentiate between big and small, fast and slow, this could go a long way towards stopping those night terrors.

There are also geometric elements that are common in night terrors. I might try teaching your child to draw 3D shapes instead of 2D ones like children normally draw, and maybe even teach her what the platonic solids are. This could possibly acclimatize her these shapes so they don't seem so traumatic.

Does your child sleep on her right side? Sleeping on your right side causes the left hemisphere, or so called Right Brain to become dominant and produce right brained dreams. Since night terrors are very much abstract, they my be a product of the right brain. Having her sleep on her left side would to more logical dreams.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I started having night terrors around the same age and never quite outgrew them (I'm 31 years old now).

The conclusion I've come to (at least in relevance to my own experience) is that some people are much more attuned to the energies around them. They're receptive to both positive and negative energies during their dream states. In these individuals, the subconscious is like a doorway stuck wide open and ready for influence. Unfortunately in any given night, there will be a bombardment of negative and positive energies vying for your unconscious mind. It's either, hope to grow out of it, or learn to tune it right.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think it will eventually go away. I've had it happen to me about 5 times in my life and then it stopped. I think maybe it could've been caused by the stress of being in a new place. Who knows what really causes things like that. All I know is that the brain is complex and still mysterious. I think that the majority of our problems, like night terrors, are caused by the lack of control. Everything we do and don't do in life is caused by our desire and need for control. Like I said, moving into a new house is a big event and is most likely the reason why this is happening, especially since you said that it started happening to her after you moved there.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I really hope that things calm down for both your daughter and yourselves, its got to be more than un nerving for you all..my son is 9 and since hes been about a year or so old anytime he was sick or starting to becoming ill he will wake up in the nights in fits (not with a fever) just terrified of...something...most of the time appearing completely awake but he isnt seeing whats around him, he is still seeing whats going on his sleep.. its really disturbing, and theres no comforting him until he himself snaps out of it or calms down..
If the great grandmother is contacting spirits, they most likely pass through the house, but it doesnt make them malicious..use whatever protections you and your fiance are comfortable with whenever this happens, or before bedtime, that might help?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

She usually sleeps on her back, but yes she does turn to the right side. I will place her on the left and see if it makes any difference, thank you for the reply.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FullVisionProject

Thanks for taking you time to reply, I appreciate it,.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, everything is true...We are going to be moving in the next 3 months because of the craziness on this side of the family, currently applying to new schools to relocate to so we can continue our studies...Thank you for the response.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Thank you for the response. Yes, we are going to monitor her actions and the plus side is we are moving, just have to wait until August because of school...I will post the results if she has dreams or not and the times...I was going to start logging times she wakes up but we all got very sick, still going to get out of here and go see my parents though because she is very well now and over the cold, just the parents are suffering haha...But I will post the results and the times of the dreams.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This might seem completely random, but to those who experience night terrors past that young age (2-5), how many live in the NE United States?

i can understand not wanting to give up location, but maybe a U2U wouldnt be so bad?

i ask because, without going too in depth, out of those i have met who experienced them into adulthood, 95% grew up in the NE united states. This is from dozens of people..

So, trying to figure if it was just the "sample pool" of people i have met throughout the years, or if it is a consistent pattern.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

1)besides you your daughter and fiance who else lives in the house? any other male occupants? I ask this because your mother culd be right about the fealing or dream that someone in the house may be out to hurt your daughter. --- It's her great grandmother, her grandfather lives in the basement and her uncle also stays here, it's a big house...Was supposed to be temporary but hard to find a place to allow my American Bulldog

2) What is the history of the house??? if you do not know it may be wise to talk to ur fiance or future in laws and do research about the history of the house, possibly at sometime there may have been a child molester who lived at that location and as some people believe if they died in the house the spirit may still dwell there, also maybe you shuld check out the megans law website and see if there are any child molesters living close by. ----Her great grandmother bought the house about 60-70 years ago...No one else lived here previously, I live in the Bronx NY the dots come up all over...A lot of bad people in the area.

3) what kind of people/groups do those in the house that are into the magic and such associate with??? I ask this because if those in or around the house are involved with magic they may be involved with some kind of satanic worship or occult and it is no secrete that many cults are into ritual rape/torture of children. --- Well, they claim to believe in God and the bible but also her great grandmother does things like leave food out to feed spirits. My fiance has told me this, we do not know if she still does it or not. My fiance claims to have seen a spirit eating the food but it was a frightening sight. Also, the cabinet in the kitchen opens sometimes when no one ever goes in there (Old glasses and plates are in there I guess for decoration) but the odd thing is sometimes the middle door will be open in the morning...I know that my fiance's great grandmother's father was from the Carribean and supposedly saw a lot of things pertaining to spells, magic, etc. Her grandmother has told me this first hand but has not said anything about him practicing things. Also, my fiance's aunt used to keep a pot of chickens blood or something to keep spirits to protect her or something (we're not sure what the point of the chicken blood is and we do not speak to her anymore to ask).I know other members in the family openly practice things such as tarot cards and spells. The ones that do this are from the carribean side of the family, I do not know if the Bengali side of the family partakes in any of these things and they do not come around here.

4) do you know what kind of spirits it is that your fiances grandmother or whoever claims to feed???? these "spirits" may indeed be dark entities possibly of the demonic variety. In which case that wuld explain your daughters cries of NO! and DONT TOUCH ME! Honestly, no. We both do not know at all. As I said, above each enterance in the room is a small cross drawn in white chalk and then an ascending line on the bottom right. I could take a picture a post it and more than likely will after I get done napping because I am terribly sick at the moment....*sigh*

We have two dogs, an American Bulldog and a Jack Russell, we've been letting the small dog sleep in there because my big buddy makes too much noise. The Jack Russell does not bark or make noise or anything out of the ordinary while in the room with her. We are moving after this semester of school though so regardless of what it could be, we're out. Thank you for the replies.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NephlimKilla

I think the most important thing for you to do, is to stay calm. It is incredibly freaky and scary when they scream and thrash all google-eyed especially in the middle of the night, if you yourself, have also been in deep sleep and awoken to screams.
All four of my children have at various stages had night terrors, AND in various houses in various states.
The worst was my youngest son, when he was having the terrors I had to tie my (very long) hair back he was terrified of it, the expressions on his face even terrified me!
He wouldn't settle for my husband at all and the only thing that worked was me holding him tightly rocking, and making cooing gentle noises until he either woke up or resettled again. This also happens when he is unwell with the flu.
Apparently boys suffer more so than girls, something to do with hormones.
It will pass. My eldest son now just talks in his sleep a lot. He also sleep walks occasionally when he is upset or had a fight with a friend etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Thank you, yes at first we would SPRINT up the stairs into the room because it was like she was being abducted or someone was taking her...It's quite frightening...The only reason I posted it on here was because of the dream my mom had and my fiance's side of the family practices what they practice and are hush hush about it....I try not to get into it because I do not want to participate or know anything about it...I'm a whimp when it comes to these things haha...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I lied, a Jewish couple lived here prior to her great grand mother moving in...My Fiance only knows this because they found letters and money in little spots all over the house.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would have NEVER allowed any of my children to thrash around in my arms. As far as my babies were concerned, my arms were the arms of GOD. They could not wear out the arms of God.
It is a matter of WILL. You cannot allow the baby to exert their infantile will at your expense. It may sound harsh, but you have to insist that you are allowed to soothe them and calm their fears. Insist.
You may be led to believe this is far more complicated than it actually is. Sure, there is a chance the child is psychic, but that is no reason to believe evil spirits are tormenting. And YES, you can wake the child, but insist upon soothing with strong but gentle arms.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

This is a topic I know only too well.

Since I can remember, I was having night terrors, and experienced all sorts of weird stuff that persisted for years and years....in fact my earliest memory from around the age of three or four consisted of me laying in a crib sleeping and waking up seeing a "shadow person" leaning in over me. No face, definitely not a person, pure dread.

This was not just "bad dreams," I would have bad dreams and wake up, and thats when I would see things. I could tell the difference. I would wake up around 3am every night and see shadow people, "hat man" and things that I can only explain as the typical "death grim reaper" entity.

I would sit up in bed and scream. My parents would come running in, hearing the urgency of my voice, and always right before they would come in, the entities would take a step back and blend in to the corner.

My parents would always tell me it was "just a dream" or just my imagination, but I knew better, Even as a child, you can feel in your gut when something is not right, when someone is in your room, staring at you with ill intent.

On two occasions, my mother told me that she came in to my room in the middle of the night to see who I was talking to, apparently she heard two voices. One mine, and one "something weird." When she came in, she said I was sitting up in bed, and looking at a corner where there was nothing. When she got my attention she said I looked at her, and my face didnt look like my own, she said my eyes looked like they were old, and she didnt recognize me. Supposedly, I started speaking in latin or some weird language which I had no knowledge of, yet somehow was able to suddenly speak fluently. She was terrified. She said both times it happened to be on nights when my father was working late, and it was just me and her alone in the house.

She never told me any of this, until recently, about 23 years later, because she didnt want to freak me out. She now believes it was something else at work. And she hates to admit it, but she believed me when I was a kid. But how can a parent not comfort a terrified child?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

dream is fed by subconcious thought (and a supply of natural dmt
)
think about what we fill out minds with these days..
media, movies, tv etc... its not the nicest stuff and chances are you see some violence, abuse and so on on it every day of your life..
that is what i would say causes such cases like this..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You ARE welcome. Stay strong
I think, always trying to stay calm yourself, is the most important thing you can ever do.
My eldest son, rolled out of bed in the middle of the night (and in one of his nightmare/terror episodes) split his head open on an open drawer next to his bed, he was on the floor wrapped up in his blanket, crying and thrashing about.
When I unrolled him, I discovered he had cut his head and blood was everywhere! And he was still not quite awake…
You can imagine my terror!
I was so freaked out, (at the time a single mum) I had no-one to rely on or help.
My heart pounded and all I wanted to do was panic like a girl.
I forced myself to breath deeply and took him down stairs, where I proceeded to clean him up gently (so as not to wake him) and observe him until I felt he was okay. ie bleeding had stopped and I was sure there was no concussion, it left me so shaken and he still has the scar today (when you shave his head) at 13.
In the end, when you are talking about your kids, it’s all about how YOU handle it, nothing else matters.
Don’t give yourself the creeps with stuff you truly don’t believe in, it’s as simple as a decision.

Calm sleepfilled nights to you and yours.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Leave a lit candle in her room at night and see if that helps.

Please do not take this advice. Yikes, fire hazard! And she's a freakin' toddler, dude. Fire, toddlers? Not a good combo!

I had night terrors and was told it's common in children experiencing abuse. I used to also see ghosts and have premonitions as a child, though, so maybe there's more to it. But before thinking it's something spiritual, could it just be either that a.) it's common in kids her age and she'll be fine, or b.) she could be stressed out or maybe even being abused or something?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No, no lit candles in the room. Thank you though for the advise...Surprisingly, my daughter did not have any nightmares while on vacation, has yet to have them since we've come back (although it has only been one day). Hopefully it's just a phase but like I said, I got a little freaked out because of the side of the family who practices certain things...I appreciate the feedback from everyone, thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Night terrors or not. Get your kid out of your fiance's great-grandmother's place. I wouldn't trust that place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join