It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT IF ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I guess this could have been called "a consideration from your prespective"?

BUT !

What if?

What if our solar system were an atom ?

What if our galaxy were a molecule ?

What if ours, and all other galaxies which we can see, are but a part of a piece of matter in a larger universe ?

How large is this other universe?

Consider these points for a moment, then tell me --

How much more important are you than each one of the rest of us ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

In terms of humans: No more, and no less. Equality, gotta love it!

The way I see it, one person truely is equal to another. Ultimately we are representations of of each other. So many differences, and even more similarities. 1:1 !
edit on 9-6-2011 by mattime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We are an ant, our solar system and everything in it, is earth.... (size wise) basically we are not important at all no matter what.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It means that we are changing the universe every time we think, breath, and move. As everything has a universe of it's own.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I feel were are smaller than an atom on the grand scale of the universe. This is the reason why, if there is life beyond our planet, contact isn't made. It would be like trying to find one specific molecule in an ocean. We are only as important as every other human being on this planet. Aside from that we really have no significant impact.

edit on 9-6-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've often imagined that one day we will look up to the night sky and see the massive lid of a box being opened by a little girl and blowing us away into oblivion like a dust mote with a waft of gentle air around her toybox.

Or the process of our universe speeded up trillions of times to resemble a single match being struck from cold to ignition to burn to dust.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I don't have to consider anything you said to answer this question.

I just have to quote Tyler Durden, "Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f 'ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Every piece is a part of the whole, the whole is in every piece..
like a hologram the very thing that makes us who we are is in all..just as the one and all is you.
There is no you or me, no light or dark.. there just is or isnt..
how important you are is only a thing for your mind..
the rest is just part of the illusion you create to externalize your thought.

Whoever understands the first truth
Should understand the ultimate truth.
The last and first,
Are they not the same?

-koan

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I don't think those are "what ifs."

I think that is the TRUTH!

Maybe we are the center of the universe. As in, I am the center of my universe. I see things the way I see them, and at the center of this is my perspective, and all of the things I have seen and experience and chosen to experience in my life.

But the same is true for you.

And the same would be true for an alien species on the other side of the universe.

Everything is embedded into everything else so as to allow this to be possible and to allow for the maximum variety in existence, for the full expression of everything that is physically possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Universe is to big to imagine. It's so big that if you consider it, every point is just as close to the next point as it is farthest from the next point. It just can't be classified, catalouged or "understood". The only really intersting thing is that they are all that way, I would imagine!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I guess this could have been called "a consideration from your prespective"?

BUT !

What if?

What if our solar system were an atom ?

What if our galaxy were a molecule ?

What if ours, and all other galaxies which we can see, are but a part of a piece of matter in a larger universe ?

How large is this other universe?

Drugs are bad ok.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Scary thought lol
thought-provoking though, that's why I like ATS, nobody is scared to talk about anything

But that's nested thinking though, like one of those russian dolls
because if the universe that encompasses our atoms and molecules could be facing the same issue

and it could go on and on and on in an infinite loop

I enjoyed reading this thread
what made you think of this out of curiosity?

You know what? Another way of thinking of it is like this
Our universe is a perfect example of what happens at the subatomic level while your thoughts being untrue

Thanks for the thread, made me think
I like that!

Star n Flag!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chevy369
Drugs are bad ok.

That's not cool man
This thread is awesome! Don't hate on it

I look at this thread and think what if our great grandfathers had this tool without all of the disinformation and dumbing down of the public and I think... we could have been an advanced civilization!
But we dropped the ball

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Dont forget to go down in scale too.. It is truly all a matter of perspective!

When we look into the stars, we feel as ants, but when ants look up at us, what then?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What if...

I am you

and

time and space aren't real.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
WHAT IF:

There were trillions of other universes. What if there was just a space in between our universe and the next just like a space in between planets, solar systems and galaxies. What if we just couldnt see far enough to see the next universe but it was there, along with trillions of others universes..

is this what the universal consciousness is about? maybe we will get a bigger and better telescope soon and it will be able to see our next "closest" universe?

I hope universal consciousness is more spectacular than that. Even though that would be pretty spectacular, it wouldn't change humans and the evil we bring to the table.
edit on 9-6-2011 by itsJUSTzo because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Reminds me of the old story of the stonecutter. Various versions of this are told across East Asia:

Once there was a stonecutter, but he hated his humble life so he wished he could be a king. his wish was granted and he became a king. After awhile, he felt this wasn't powerful enough, so he decided the sky was mightier than a king, since it could rain and thunder and snow and was above all. So he became the sky. He exercised his new power by creating massive storms that could wash away everything. But he found that no matter how much he stomed against a certain giant rock, it would not wash away. The rock was more powerful than the sky, so he became a rock. Then one day a stonecutter came along and began to carve out and haul away pieces of of the rock. He wished he could be a stonecutter, since he didn't seem to have any way of defeating this all-powerful new adversary. Suddenly he was back in his original body.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No one of us is anymore or less important than the other in the grand scheme of things. We all have the spark of the Divine within. One life your a baker, the next a king, the next a garbage collector and so on. Ego is an illusion.
edit on 10-6-2011 by starborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I once had a dream that I was a small boy walking on the beach. I found a pebble, picked it up and began to study all the different grains and crystals. I looked closer and saw the molecules, then the atoms and within one atom I saw stars. In amongst all the stars I saw a small blue planet, and on the edge of one of the continents I saw a beach. And on this beach there was a small boy, looking at something. Suddenly I turned around and looked up at the night sky......and I swear I for a second I saw an eye, staring down at me from the heavens.

This is how I see the universe and our place in it....

edit on 10/6/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The world that we look at through the microscope is actually far more vast and complex than the world that we observe through the telescope.

Perhaps, to really see into infinity, we have to look "in".
edit on 10-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join