It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Blames Rapture For Attempted Rape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Don't know which forum this belongs in, Mods move if it needs moving.

This is one of the craziest excuses for a crime I've seen this week. Visit story on link:

Man blames fear of the Rapture for attack

He blames attempted rape on his fear of the rapture, and when caught wants to explain WHY to the victim! Just goes to show how criminals are willing to blame anyone or anything rather than accept responsibility for their own actions!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So......he believes in all the "god" stuff enough that he thought the rapture was inevitable yet he figured raping some woman was the thing to do when god chosen were being lifted on high?

Reminds me of a reaction I used to get from old bible biddies back in the day: "is this what you want to be doing when Jesus returns?"

Apparently when confronted with that question/possibility some people will answer that they want to be raping some woman when Jesus returns.

It's like those churchy out of wedlock pregnancies with the compounded refusal to abort. So pious as to view abortion as a sin but just not pious enough to keep the gate closed until marriage.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Unbelievable! What a sick $%#$! The part the especially makes me sick is this quote:

'"I just needed her to feel my fear too," he said'

!!!WTF!!! How can someone so fearful of the so-called rapture think that this was in anyways acceptable?! To make her feel the same fear as him! GRRRRR! And she had her kid with her too! Thank god that someone was around and he wasn't able to make her 'feel the fear'!

Its a poor excuse from a poor excuse for a human being

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And, preparing for "religion is a disease" and "believers are mentally ill" in 3...2...1...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i see this as more of an excuse to get a reduced sentence or something. if he 100% believes that, then he needs help. the kind of help that only a .45 can deliver.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Sounds to me like someone is off his meds and needs to see his doctor.

It could be that this is just some rapist trying to avoid responsibility for this actions, but the whole thing to me screams "mental illness" not "average rapist with a creative excuse."

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2011 by ObvTruth because: Posted twice

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yep...Religion makes people stupid

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I certainly would not say religion is a disease, and believers are mentally ill, BUT, much like conspiracy sites seem to attract a higher than average percentage of people with some mental illness, it seems to me religion does as well.

And SOME sects may even cause it. And people can argue that all they want, but if you ever watch the brainwashing scenes in "Jesus Camp" it doesnt take a big leap to realize that some of those kids are going to end up mentally ill.

This is not a condemnation of religion however, or Christianity, but it is what it is. Not everyone pushing religion around has good intentions, and when you have the ability to literally brainwash children bad stuff happens sometimes.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
more and more sick people will show them selves as the 2012 comes nearer get use to this in the news for it will not get any better. Now the question is did we do it to them ?? did they do it to them selves? is society to blame? or is it just a cop out? "the end is near so why not" i have a felling on the street gangs, rape gangs, are planing one hell of a party, are you ready for it. The good news is some are, like this fool, are getting caught, sadly after the fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Unbelievable! What a sick $%#$! The part the especially makes me sick is this quote:

'"I just needed her to feel my fear too," he said'

[sic]

Its a poor excuse from a poor excuse for a human being

Interesting. Honesty without intention. He's right about one thing - Rape is about control and he essentially admitted that with his statement, whether he understands that or not. Hope they nail him...

top topics

join