It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cokemobile: Video of insane armored drug truck used by Mexico cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread on the first reported Mexican Cartel homemade tank...
I mean why not a tank... after all we've already seen a few homemade submarines trying to sneak in drugs...

Well now we learn they have since found a lot more than just one. I mean a lot more than!!!!

Mexican authorities say they have discovered more than 100 homemade narco-tanks in recent months, dubbed 'Los Monstruos, or The Monsters, by the Mexican media 'monsters.' The military discovered two more this week in a warehouse allegedly belonging to the Gulf Cartel in the northeastern state of Tamaulipas. The trucks were covered in one inch thick steel plates. Soldiers also found two other trucks that were in the process of being armored, as well as 23 powerful big-rig trucks that were apparently going to be armored. The vehicles can resist heavy .50 caliber machine gun fire and can only be destroyed with anti-tank weapons, according to the military. Last month police in Jalisco found a 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty with steel armor plates welded to almost its entire exterior, along with a folding battering ram on the front bumper. The homemade armored vehicle also had gun ports and a rotating turret. The tank was found abandoned in a rural area of Jalisco in western Mexico where the drug war rages between the powerful Sinaloa Cartel and the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion.

And here is the video of that tank in the story

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Second or third time I have read about this on here today.
edit on 7-6-2011 by aceto because: link

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They probably are on loan from the CIA.

I mean you wouldn't want anybody stealing US drugs that would be terrible.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Coketank vs American JDAM... our intellectually gifted ats members can sum up the rest...
second line

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SubjectSixteen

JDAM???
Are you kidding me???
That thing looks like one good speed-bump would do her in...

And I'm guessing the reason they found it abandoned was because it over heated and died on them... just my guess mind you

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Desperado

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

seems like someone is gearing up for war..between the cartels with the mexican army getting in the way..what i found odd was the exposed tires.definately a week spot there

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

37,000 KIA to date...
Forget gearing up for war buddy there deep in the SHTF over there...
and it's not just Mexican's US SF's are right in the middle of it ...
go read another of my threads
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join