It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati and Freemasons in cahoots....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
here we go again

Thomas Jefferson was NOT a mason.
srjarchives.tripod.com...

35 years a "bit" early?

Where is your source?
Oh wait I see none in any of your posts

Read my post I never said he was, stop reading between the lines.

Funny you mention Michael Jackson, his jacket looks just like your soul, Black -Dark Red .

edit on 7-6-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
sorry but the design of the dollar bill is masonic.

The designing of a seal of the U.S. was first commissioned by the Continental Congress immediately after the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. A committee consisting of Benjamin Franklin (a Mason), John Adams (not a Mason), and Thomas Jefferson (not a Mason although sometimes erroneously identified as one) submitted a design that was deemed unacceptable, as were designs submitted by two succeeding committees. In 1782 (nearly six years later!) these designs were submitted to Charles Thomson, Secretary to the Continental Congress, (and NOT a Mason) who prepared a design which, with some alterations, was adopted by the Congress on June 20, 1782.

source

Conspiracy theorists (and sometimes religious intolerants) like to point to the "Eye in the Pyramid" in the Great Seal of the United States and on the U. S. Dollar Bill as being evidence of a Masonic conspiracy. The simple fact is that the eye in the pyramid is not now nor has it ever been a Masonic symbol. The 'Eye of Providence', sometimes referred to in Masonic ritual as the "All-Seeing Eye" (of Deity) is found in the ritual of most jurisdictions, reminding a Mason that his words and deeds are being judged by the Supreme Architect of the Universe. The pyramid appears in the ritual of some (not all) jurisdictions and represents the great builders of the past. However, their combined usage is essentially non-existent except by a few fanciful representations done by individuals whose imagination has soared beyond that of the black text ritual. There is NO 'official' combination of the eye and the/a pyramid!

source

wow. So it appears you are incorrect on this. Unless my information is wrong, which would require you to provide proof of that.

CU LATER!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The designing of a seal of the U.S. was first commissioned by the Continental Congress immediately after the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. A committee consisting of Benjamin Franklin (a Mason), John Adams (not a Mason), and Thomas Jefferson (not a Mason although sometimes erroneously identified as one) submitted a design that was deemed unacceptable, as were designs submitted by two succeeding committees. In 1782 (nearly six years later!) these designs were submitted to Charles Thomson, Secretary to the Continental Congress, (and NOT a Mason) who prepared a design which, with some alterations, was adopted by the Congress on June 20, 1782.

Yes it's exactly what I have said.

Great Seal of the United States and on the U. S. Dollar Bill as being evidence of a Masonic conspiracy. The simple fact is that the eye in the pyramid is not now nor has it ever been a Masonic symbol.

It's a masonic symbol, that is a lie, it's been in masonry all along.

wow. So it appears you are incorrect on this. Unless my information is wrong, which would require you to provide proof of that.
CU LATER!

I'm not incorect, what you have posted does not dismiss the fact.
You once again try to go around the bush stating it's not a masonic symbol, and that this symbol originated from somewhere else, yes it's origin is from somewhere else but it was incorporated into masonry.

Here is a nice example, satanists don't own the pentagram do they, but they incorporated the symbol into their religion.

It's really simple as I said.
You have to take into account that at the time when the seal was made there was no knowlege of piramid and eye at the top, except for one place, MASONRY. It was the only source where this could of came from at that time, did the cowboys made it up, or wait for haps it was the black slaves designing the great seal.
Of course not like stated it came from some masons and some close to the masons.

Since this symbol existed in masonry they got it from there, where you keep hitting the wall is the place where
there is no other source, instead you try to cover it. There is no other place where it could of came from at that time. No one had the knowlege of such things.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Also see ...

"The first "official" use and definition of the all-seeing eye as a masonic symbol seems to have come in 1797 with The Freemasons Monitor of Thomas Smith Webb — 14 years after Congress adopted the design for the Seal: ."

Source

And....

"Neither the eye nor the pyramid have ever been uniquely masonic symbols, although a few Grand Lodge jurisdictions incorporate them into their seals. The combining of the eye of providence overlooking an unfinished pyramid is a uniquely American, not masonic, icon. While the all-seeing eye appears on early embroidered masonic aprons and such items as pitchers, there are no available documents showing the all-seeing eye associated with freemasonry prior to 1797 and none at all related to the Bavarian Illuminati, with or without the pyramid."

Source

Seeing how the pyramid has no significance in Masonic ritual , I really do not see how the seal on the dollar bill could be Masonic .
But some would just as soon base their statements on OPINION rather than facts . A little research goes a long way , but that is probably to much to ask .

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes the notion of the one dolar bill came from jefferson and others conected to masonry...

The 'notion' of the one dollar bill came from Salmon P. Chase. Where is your source to prove otherwise?

...even if Jeferson died a bit early before the note came out...

35 years is 'a bit'? History skills, check. Math skills, check. You are are a double threat.

...the notion of the piramid and the eye came from the masons, there was no other source.

Except those pesky Trinitarian Christians who used it much earlier.

As you know the notion of the piramid and the eye is very ancient predating masonry but it is also in masonry as a symbol, the concept of the piramid and the eye on the one dollar bill came from the masons, as there was no other source for it possible in existance except masonry.

See above. Also, it is spelled 'pyramid'.

There is no other source to provide this symbol at the time.

Constantly repaeting yourself does not make something any more true.

You are going to invent something...

No. Since you appear to be so accomplished in this trait I will let you do the inventing and I will do the disproving. It seems to work better this way. I notice you did not admit the dollar was created long after Jefferson died but instead tried to backtrack and say he created the dollar and it was somehow not released until the Civil War. Jefferson was not even Secretary of the Treasury. Learn some history.

To explain something into existance you have to give it a source

On the contrary you were wrong before I just refused to comment anymore since it would of gone on forever, and don't confuse threads, this is another one.

Uh-huh, or maybe you just ran out of languages to butcher.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The 'notion' of the one dollar bill came from Salmon P. Chase. Where is your source to prove otherwise?

Were not talking about the notion about the dollar bill but the pyramid.

35 years is 'a bit'? History skills, check. Math skills, check. You are are a double threat.

As I said the seal was made before the dollar bill, it was then later put on the dollar bill.

Except those pesky Trinitarian Christians who used it much earlier.

That is a low excuse, it did not come from there, It was not them who designed the seal, since masons were involved into the design and they had the same symbol then the notion comes from there, from masonry.

And I did not know they spoke Latin like on the seal, wow, it seems an invention from you.

Looks identical to me, wow it even has a square and compass now where is your example ?

No. Since you appear to be so accomplished in this trait I will let you do the inventing and I will do the disproving. It seems to work better this way. I notice you did not admit the dollar was created long after Jefferson died but instead tried to backtrack and say he created the dollar and it was somehow not released until the Civil War. Jefferson was not even Secretary of the Treasury. Learn some history.

It does not matter if he was secretary or not, how does this change facts, I don't see how.

The dollar was created after Jefferson died, not the seal that was to go on the dollar, and I thought long long ago is like in the stories where at least 100 years will pass.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Were not talking about the notion about the dollar bill but the pyramid.

Now were are not but earlier you attributed the dollar bill to Jefferson. Stop changing the goal posts.

As I said the seal was made before the dollar bill, it was then later put on the dollar bill.

And? Jefferson's design was rejected (he was also not a Mason). Franklin's did not have sybolism even remotely close to what ended up on the Great Seal. Learn some history.

That is a low excuse, it did not come from there, It was not them who designed the seal, since masons were involved into the design and they had the same symbol then the notion comes from there, from masonry.

The All Seeing Eye, or Eye of Providence, has appeared well before the formation of the United States and Masonry. It was used by Christians to denote the Holy Trinity and the ominpresence of God.

And I did not know they spoke Latin like on the seal, wow, it seems an invention from you.

All Church inscriptions were in Latin as Church services were given in Latin up until fairly recently. Stop being disengenuous.

It does not matter if he was secretary or not, how does this change facts, I don't see how.

Since you have backtracked about Jefferson NOT inventing the dollar it does not matter anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Now were are not but earlier you attributed the dollar bill to Jefferson. Stop changing the goal posts.

The seal is an attribute to him and others, stop deraling the thread, and stop searching for weak spots.
Remember were talking mainly about the pyramid.

The All Seeing Eye, or Eye of Providence, has appeared well before the formation of the United States and Masonry. It was used by Christians to denote the Holy Trinity and the ominpresence of God.

Not the one from the seal, that is an invention of course, the element was imported from free masonry, and free masonry got it from ancient cultures. The notion of male Light female Dark and one is another, and son, father and holy spirit is another, the pyramid has nothing to do with Christianity at that time in the US. The seal came from the masons, it was design by some of the masons.

All Church inscriptions were in Latin as Church services were given in Latin up until fairly recently. Stop being disengenuous.

I don't think people in churches spoke Latin at that time in United States, or had Latin inscriptions, the curches were made simple out of wood without any Latin writing on them, without any pyramid an eye on them.
The notion came from Europe and from the people that ruled, the great seal has nothing to do with past time christianity in United States. Even more the inscriptions and what is written has nothing to do with any church at all, making this more obivius that what you state is incorrect.

Since you have backtracked about Jefferson NOT inventing the dollar it does not matter anymore.

Jefferson was part of making out the seal among others, on what they agreed or did not agree is another different story.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
they pyramid and the eye are used as masonic symbols...

I have to disagree. I have not come across an unfinished pyramid anywhere in Masonry. The eye in a triangle is just that, not an eye in a pyramid. Just wanted to clarify before someone not well versed in history misinterpreted what you meant.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

now all you need to do is prove that the Illuminati used the all seeing eye as one of their symbols. And look into who designed the Dollar bill, the final draft.

I will try and do that, but can I ask you to acknowledge what I believe I have already proven...

But let's talk about the Illuminati. A group founded in Bavaria in the late 1700's. It was disbanded just before the turn of the century. There is no evidence that the group existed beyond that. And I am talking about the real Illuminati, not the term thrown around here for everyone who has more money than you. They were a group of free thinkers who opposed the tyranny the church was forcing on everyone. They thought that people should be able to read what they want and learn what they want without being persecuted by the church. They were not anti God, they were anti oppression. Sad that they didn't survive. We could use a group like that today.

I don't believe that for one second and have always seen that sort of pre-programmed response from Mason's and their supporters, but let me humour you for a little longer...! Would you care to answer these simple question for me so I can have a better understanding of you and your 'possible' agenda...

Does Freemasonry exist?

Is the statement that they use "a peculiar system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols"...true?

Do Freemasons use the symbol that is the 'all seeing eye within a triangle', as shown on the cover of 'The History of freemasons' and on the outside of many lodges including the one shown and above the pyramid that is on the US 1 Dollar note...to show their presence and 'work'...?

Do the Freemasons use the symbol that is a Hexagram/Star of David as shown on the side of I.O.W Lodge and many other lodges across the globe...to show their presence and/or 'work'...?

what if I told you that those same claims have been bandied around here for years?

'those claims'... What claims..?

I'd tell you that you have NO idea of what you are talking about as you have NO idea of what I'm going to claim...!!!

Do you have future seeing and mind reading abilities as this seems to be what you are implying, if so did you gain these abilities through becoming a Mason...?

However, I would love to hear some new and exciting information form a non mason about the craft I belong to.

All in good time...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Actually, most dictators have tried to eradicate Freemasonry by the sword. The record of the popes isn't much better.

Are you branding Presidents, Prime ministers, Popes, Princes and the World leaders as dictators?

I have no doubt that those who are a threat to TPTB are branded dictators...

You could just ask them. They'll tell you. It has yet to shape the discourse on the site; off-the-wall Masonic conspiracy theories are still fair play

I have no desire or need to talk to or ask them anything, I would not gain anything from doing this other than affirmation for what I've been told. But this has already been proven by the responses to this thread...

Actually, no use of said symbol form the Illuminati exists. William Guy Carr either made it up in Pawns in the Game or immediately forgot the source he pulled it from.

Ok, but the symbol exists, this you can not deny and it is ripe throughout the entertainment industry...So who uses this symbol them, is it used by Masons, I believe it is and just looking at the US 1 Dollar note is enough for me...

Sure, if you're willing to distort geometry to get what you want. Why aren't all the star's points the same size? Wouldn't something involved with Freemasonry take care to make sure its geometry worked?

Oh this works very well, the distortion that only you can see could be down to my crude 'paintshop' work. Could you make your own or describe excactly what it is you are refering to as I'm having trouble grasping exactly what point you are trying to make...?

Actually, no, no it isn't. It's the All-Seeing Eye in a triangle (not a pyramid), a symbolic reference to God with roots in Trinitarian Christianity. I'm sure you'll think that's a copout, but if symbols are important, then accuracy must be, and "looks somewhat alike=same thing" doesn't meet that standard.

Ah yes, I'm sorry about the discrepency, you are correct it is 'the All-Seeing Eye in a triangle (not a pyramid)'. This is very similar to the detatched eye above the partly built pyrimad that is on the US 1 Dollar note and ripe throughout the entertainment industry...Isn't it ?

David Icke is as much a Freemason as you are, and holds the same opinion of Freemasonry.

It has been proven to me beyond any measurable doubt that David Icke was a Freemason and attended the Newport lodge in his home town the I.O.W... Right now I cannot disclose how or why I know this, but many have also come to this conclusion via other means...research...!

I still believe Icke is connected to the Masons/TPTB/Elite/Illuminti, although I can not proove this either, I may create a thread explaining why I believe Icke is a disinformation artist, but this may not help my case as I have had negative and direct experience and contact with some of his fringe ideas...

Once again, you've misidentified the symbol.

The symbol within the Hexagram is as you have rightly pointed out before 'the All-Seeing Eye in a triangle (not a pyramid)!

This symbol is also very similar to the detatched all seeing eye above the pryamid on the US 1 Dollar bill and similar to that on the front of 'The history of Freemasonry'!

All three are very similar if not identical...Is this correct or is an apple an orange?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

Actually if you laid down a ruler and traced the lines of the pyramid properly to create your little "hexagram" it would be an anagram of...well ... nothing seeing how the right side of the pyramid points to the letter "U" . And this is how this little theory goes , you must follow the lines of the pyramid to form the anagram " MASON" this spells MUSON

I traced the line from the detatched triangle with all seeing eye down to the 'O'...!

Can you see it and do you understand that the geometry of the triangles/hexagram would not be accurate if I did it your way, in fact they would not even be triangles...do you understand this...?

I thought having to deal with the Masons would be hard enough, what society are you from...
I believe I've seen 'your' symbol before...Is this it...?

[IMG]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/668/earlylearningcentrelogo.th.jpg[ /IMG]

edit on 7-6-2011 by de1111codEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by de1111codEiT

Or maybe it's this

Wow looks the same as the seal.

This would have to be indentical to the seal, answer "we did not design the seal"

But among all factors and all evidence we get this, same inscriptions same thing.

A masonic coin

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Hi Pepsi,
Those are great finds, thank you for participting in the thread, you are being of great help and those coins show an undeniable connection between the Illuminati (who do not exist) and Masons and/or that the Masons use those very symbols...that is unless you are a Mason and then you can deny it in the strangest of ways...I wonder what they'll resort to next...

The case should be closed, but the rabbit hole is deep and I'm not going anywhere....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
reply to post by network dude

now all you need to do is prove that the Illuminati used the all seeing eye as one of their symbols. And look into who designed the Dollar bill, the final draft.

I will try and do that, but can I ask you to acknowledge what I believe I have already proven...

look, if masons created the dollar bill, the layout of DC and every government picture made, I think that would be wonderful. And I have looked at both sides of this argument actually hoping that masons did this stuff. there is no reason for me to fear masonry being involved in the formation of all things relating to the United States. But in looking into these things, I have found that there is plenty of evidence that masonry was not solely responsible. Some men who were masons have been involved in some decisions just as some men who were Pentecostal Holiness church goers may have been involved, that doesn't make the great seal or the dollar bill pentecostal does it? It makes it American.

But let's talk about the Illuminati. A group founded in Bavaria in the late 1700's. It was disbanded just before the turn of the century. There is no evidence that the group existed beyond that. And I am talking about the real Illuminati, not the term thrown around here for everyone who has more money than you. They were a group of free thinkers who opposed the tyranny the church was forcing on everyone. They thought that people should be able to read what they want and learn what they want without being persecuted by the church. They were not anti God, they were anti oppression. Sad that they didn't survive. We could use a group like that today.

I don't believe that for one second and have always seen that sort of pre-programmed response from Mason's and their supporters, but let me humour you for a little longer...! Would you care to answer these simple question for me so I can have a better understanding of you and your 'possible' agenda...

Does Freemasonry exist?

Is the statement that they use "a peculiar system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols"...true?

Freemasonry exists, and the above statement is very true. The Illuminati existed as well, but they disbanded over 200 years ago. Unless you have any proof that they are still around. (and I mean Bavarian Illuminati, from Bavaria)

Do Freemasons use the symbol that is the 'all seeing eye within a triangle', as shown on the cover of 'The History of freemasons' and on the outside of many lodges including the one shown and above the pyramid that is on the US 1 Dollar note...to show their presence and 'work'...?

as has been said, it has been used, I have seen it, you have seen it. But the information I posted explains it very well, so that almost anyone can understand it.

Do the Freemasons use the symbol that is a Hexagram/Star of David as shown on the side of I.O.W Lodge and many other lodges across the globe...to show their presence and/or 'work'...?

no, that's the eastern star.

what if I told you that those same claims have been bandied around here for years?

'those claims'... What claims..?

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
Hi, redbarron

What if I told you that I know who is really behind these 'powers' that have been directing humanity into the pile of vomit we are currently in... would that be 'repeating the same old retold stuff'... ?

please tell me if the above words are yours. If so, it certainly looks as if you are making claims to know who is behind the "powers". That in English is called a "claim". You made it, and I commented on it. It's called a conversation. next week, we will concentrate on two way conversations, where the other party doesn't play stupid.

I'd tell you that you have NO idea of what you are talking about as you have NO idea of what I'm going to claim...!!!

Do you have future seeing and mind reading abilities as this seems to be what you are implying, if so did you gain these abilities through becoming a Mason...?

However, I would love to hear some new and exciting information form a non mason about the craft I belong to.

All in good time...

Don't wait too long, everyone might loose interest in your claims and completely ignore you. I cannot wait to see you prove that I am something I am not.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The one dollar bill is masonic, the founding fathers of united states were masons, Tomas Jefferson president at the time of when the one dollar bill emerged , if not a mason was very close to masonry. You should ask your self where they got the idea from with a piramid and an eye above since some of the founding fathers were masons and at the time most of these fellows were masons and if not very close to the masonic craft.

Hi Pepsi! It's great to see you again. I am going to have to do this a tiny bit at a time to make sure you don't start changing the rules again. So make sure that when you respond, you do so to the question in mind and not some fleeting thought you had days ago, K?

The one dollar bill is masonic, the founding fathers of united states were masons

no, some of them were. And the dollar is not masonic anymore than it's Baptist, or Pagan, or Jewish. It's American.

Tomas Jefferson president at the time of when the one dollar bill emerged

I think that was proven false a bit ago. Care to expound on that any?

You should ask your self where they got the idea from with a piramid and an eye above since some of the founding fathers were masons and at the time most of these fellows were masons and if not very close to the masonic craft.

I have. You should ask yourself what does the all seeing eye represent to Network Dude? What does the unfinished pyramid represent to Network Dude? Because that is how masonic symbolism works. Each symbol may have many meanings depending on the context. Like words in the English language. (I know you have trouble with that part)
Please read this page and the we can continue this discussion.

and thanks again for playing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The seal is an attribute to him and others, stop deraling the thread, and stop searching for weak spots.
OK, hot shot. Here's the reverse of the seal from the first committee. The one that included Franklin, Jefferson & Adams.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/497e0a347964.jpg[/atsimg]
Care to point out the pyramid???
Source (something you never seem to have...)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Great Seal of the United States is NOT attributed to Thomas Jefferson, it is you who is derailing threads with your stupendously arrogant ignorance. The final design of the Seal was contributed by Charles Thomson of who it was said:

The Final Design of the Great Seal – June 20, 1782
On June 13, 1782, Congress asked Charles Thomson to come up with a suitable design for America's Great Seal. With the reports and drawings of the three committees before him, he set to work.

Fifty-three at the time, Thomson had served the past eight years as Secretary of the Continental Congress where he acquired a reputation for fairness, truth, and integrity. Well-versed in the classics, he was once a Latin master at an academy in Philadelphia.

Oh, look. He spoke some Latin.

Not the one from the seal, that is an invention of course, the element was imported from free masonry, and free masonry got it from ancient cultures.

The unfinished pyramid appears NOWHERE in Masonic ritual. You need to link something showing the unfinished pyramid used in Masonic ritual or symbolism.

The notion of male Light female Dark and one is another, and son, father and holy spirit is another, the pyramid has nothing to do with Christianity at that time in the US. The seal came from the masons, it was design by some of the masons.

Which Masons designed the Seal? What specific elements did they include? Where is your evidence?

I don't think people in churches spoke Latin at that time in United States, or had Latin inscriptions, the curches were made simple out of wood without any Latin writing on them, without any pyramid an eye on them.
The notion came from Europe and from the people that ruled, the great seal has nothing to do with past time christianity in United States. Even more the inscriptions and what is written has nothing to do with any church at all, making this more obivius that what you state is incorrect.

You really are astounding in your ignorant certitudes. The oldest Trinitarian Church in the United States dates to 1632 in Marshfield, near Plymouth. St. Luke's Episcopalian Church (a masonry structure) in Smithfield, Virginia dates to at least 1682. The Roman Catholic Church created the Latin Missal and after the sixteenth century split, the Anglicans/Episcopalians continued the use of the Latin Mass in the New World.

Jefferson was part of making out the seal among others, on what they agreed or did not agree is another different story.

So if they did not use his design what is the relevance?

edit on 7-6-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

You need to go back to history class. The only Mason to be on any of the FOUR committees was Ben Franklin and he was on the first committees, whose design was REJECTED. Franklin's design was an allegorical scene from Exodus (Moses leading the children of Israel through the Red Sea) with the motto: "Resistance to Tyranny is Obedience to God". The first committee presented this design to Congress on August 20th, 1776, but Jefferson wasn't president until 1801 and died in 1826. The design that would become the Great Seal was presented by Charles Thomson (not a Freemason) on June 20th, 1782. The One Dollar Bill didn't come into issue until 1862 (according to the US Treasury), but the Great Seal wasn't put onto it until 1935.

If you had done just 15-minutes worth of research you would have found all of this information rather easily.

The unfinished pyramid is not a Masonic symbol, unless you can prove otherwise. The all-seeing eye is a symbol used by the Freemasons, but not exclusively. It is simply a representation of Deity, of God.

reply to post by pepsi78

As I ask above, what is the proof that the unfinished pyramid is a Masonic symbol? What ritual does it belong in?

reply to post by pepsi78

The all-seeing eye was used long before the Masons and the final design of the Great Seal incorporated the eye 14-years prior to the first official use by the Masons. Hell, even the Bible makes reference to God as an All-Seeing Eye. It is more likely to say that the Great Seal is a Christian symbol as for the time most were Christians. My meaning is that its historically accurate to say more Founding Fathers were Christians than Masons.

Wait? Are you saying that the Founders, some of the most enlightened men of their time didn't know Latin?

Really? You're using a symbol from a Hollywood movie as evidence? Really? National Treasure was a entertaining movie, but 99.9% of it was utter and complete BS, historically speaking.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Like I told Pepsi, the All-Seeing Eye isn't exclusively Masonic. It has been used for ages by various cultures and groups. In Masonry its not always within a triangle though. I have seen it used within a triangle to denote the Holy Trinity of Christianity.

Lodges will decorate themselves as they see fit. It's not a cookie cutter of how the exterior of a Lodge looks. My Lodge doesn't have either the eye or the hexagram on the exterior.

reply to post by pepsi78

Again, you're using Hollywood as evidence. Also note that a commemorative coin is not evidence of widespread use. Every Lodge and/or Grand Lodge does a commemorative coin. I helped design and edit the commemorative coin for my Lodge's Centennial celebration. No pyramid on it.

Please refer to my question to you on the use of the pyramid in Masonry.
edit on 7-6-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join