It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.COLI ... Another Great Circus?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by RUSSO

Again, you're comparing apple with oranges.

If over 800 people showing symptoms of E coli in a single month is so common and nothing to be concerned about, show us the figures to show that this figure of 800+ is normal.

Should be easy to do according to you, right?

Again, you are wrong. Im not comparing oranges with tomatoes. Both are infectious diseases. Dont they?

Fear mongering about H1N1. Fear mongering with e.coli as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Prove it then.

Show the figures.

Otherwise this is just a blind witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Prove it then.

Show the figures.

Otherwise this is just a blind witch hunt.

Do the same.

Prove this will not turn into a "sale of drugs", by the big pharma. Prove this will not be another hoax like H1N1

I will prove this to you. Wait a couple months and you will see.
edit on 7-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Old news that has been corrected. Germany tried to blame Spain's exports, when it was nothing even to do with them. Billions of dollars worth of vegetables wasted.

Those vegetables weren't wasted as there was EHEC on them. It just wasn't this deadly 104 type. But EHEC (no matter what type) shouldn't be on those cucumbers. So if you want to eat those dirty stuff it may be wasted. I don't eat anything from Spain for years now. Spain is well known for their 'not so good' treatment of vegetables.
Source: EHEC found

For all four samples no EHEC O104:H4 was detected. In two of the four samples Shiga toxin-forming E. Coli of a different serotype were found.

edit on 7-6-2011 by UnixFE because: Add source

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

How can I prove something that hasn't happened yet?

That would be a prediction and I'm not in the prediction game.

Proving that E coli is as common as the flu as you seem to be claiming should be easy, no prediction necessary.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yes, to your question if E.coli is another great circus.

The reason is very simple, pandemics means money, governments have to allocate money to fight, find and treat diseases once the WHO declare global pandemics.

Since we got the swine flu is obvious that pandemics are one way for big pharma to take allocated funds to find "treatments" and to exploit the populations throughout scaremongering.

I am not going to deny that we have some serious problems with super bugs since GMO crops has been introduced into our ecosystem, but anything that is to provide means for profits is as good as it comes and easily exploitable.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

How can I prove something that hasn't happened yet?

That would be a prediction and I'm not in the prediction game.

Proving that E coli is as common as the flu as you seem to be claiming should be easy, no prediction necessary.

Ok, let me take my time machine.

Humm, yes, another fear mongering.

CAN YOU READ THE CHART I PROVIDED???

There you find your answer. 10 years and kill less than a regular flu.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can you read the article I linked to from the same group as your single, lonely graph with no context?

No of course not, can't challenge your beliefs now can we?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by RUSSO

I am not going to deny that we have some serious problems with super bugs since GMO crops has been introduced into our ecosystem, but anything that is to provide means for profits is as good as it comes and easily exploitable.

You're right. Great point

Because the whole agenda here is to kill your vegetables but protect the atrocious practices of the factory animal meat industries. The FDA, in particular, loves all these outbreaks because it gives them more moral authority to clamp down on gardens and farms. They've been trying to irradiate and fumigate fresh veggies in the USA for years.''

link

SFY, btw.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Can you read the article I linked to from the same group as your single, lonely graph with no context?

No of course not, can't challenge your beliefs now can we?

I made the context, but as in your 3 first posts, I dont think you understood. Read again and you will see the context

And, you're the guy here who does not take NO for an answer.
edit on 7-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The sad thing is that they already have the law to do just that,

Text of H.R. 875 [111th]: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009

www.govtrack.us...

edit on 7-6-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by RUSSO

The sad think is that they already have the law to do just that,

Text of H.R. 875 [111th]: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009

www.govtrack.us...

Could this be the end to farmers markets and organic farms?

Thanks marg6043.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Your context was a jumble of ineligible rants mixed with sarcasm.

My context is a paper, with facts and data written on the subject.

When I asked you for sources to the graph you gave me two blogs and a link to a picture on twitter.

You haven't bothered to research this at all have you?

You've just seen a blog and decided that it agrees with your mind set and that's final.

You don't even get how E coli can get on plants.

"It's animal based, not plant"

Here's a question for you mate, what do they fertilize these plants with??

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

WOW.

Thank god you read my links.

I dont think TC allows me to answer your question.

You see, Fear mongering at the best.

And dont try to say what I think I've done or left undone.

This is my last post to you, Imade my point already, so I'll leave the last word to you, because this is what you need.

Who will profit?

^^^^^your answer is right here on the video above.^^^^^

edit on 7-6-2011 by RUSSO because: gold member below.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Fear mongering?

Where have I done that?

Be specific.

I haven't even disagreed the point that it may get blown out of proportion, I guess some are too stupid to see that though.

I'm disagreeing with the fact that you seem to think this outbreak is no big deal, thousands and thousands of people die from the flu every year, so therefore according to you, unless E coli deaths are equal to that, it's no big deal.

It's a big deal.

It will cost a lot of people a lot of money from lost revenue amongst other things...

Another question, who exactly will profit from this?

There is no vaccine for it, antibiotics generally don't work, so it's not the pharmaceutical companies that will make the big bucks.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
From the German paper I linked to earlier:

On the development of disease rates in the current EHEC / HUS outbreak in Germany

Since the beginning of May, in multiple countries to a high incidence the so-called hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS) and bloody Diarrhea associated with infection by enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) serotype O104: H4.
The focus of the event Located in the north of Germany. Even in other states and European Neighboring countries came to cases, mostly related to travel to northern Germany. In the present report the number of cases since the beginning May at the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) submitted HUS and EHEC cases shown.

Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia (E.) coli (EHEC), bacteria (gram-negative Rods), which in principle to the formation of certain property for the People harmful cytotoxins, the Shiga toxins - have Stx. Because their antigen structure are they different serogroups (classification according to surface-antigens) to. Are frequently isolated serogroups O157 (the world's most type found), O26, O91, O103 and O145, while still new human pathogenic Serogroups are found. The majority of manifest disease occurs as a bloodless, usually watery diarrhea appeared. In a part of the patients developed a hemorrhagic colitis with cramping abdominal pain, bloody stool and sometimes fever. Feared that in the past especially in children occurring hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS).
Human infections may also be asymptomatic and therefore undetected run.
The hemolytic-uremic syndrome (abbreviated HUS) is a severe, sometimes fatal
Complication, including in bacterial intestinal infections with enterohemorrhagic
Escherichia coli (EHEC) may occur. The full picture of HUS is characterized by acute renal failure, hemolytic anemia (anemia) and Thrombocytopenia (deficiency of blood platelets). Typically go to the enteropathic HUS diarrhea, often bloody, advance. EHEC bacteria are directly or indirectly from animals to humans.
considered as reservoir ruminants, mainly cattle, sheep and goats. The transfer
to humans by fecal-oral route, where the pathogen uptake by the Contact with animal feces, through contaminated food or water is, but also by direct contact from person to person (contact infection). The incubation for previously unknown patterns of EHEC is approximately 2 to 10 days (on average 3 to 4 days), the latency time between the onset of gastrointestinal symptoms and enteropathic HUS about a week.

Since early May 2011 were the Robert Koch Institute in accordance with Infection Protection Act (IfSG) EHEC 1064 diseases and 470 cases of HUS submitted, of which 908 (85%) and 273 (58%) with laboratory diagnostic confirmation. Because separate Reporting categories there should be no overlap in the numbers of cases of
EHEC and HUS give. In previous years, the average RKI 1,000 symptomatic EHEC infections and about 60 HUS cases, mostly concerning children sent. In 2010, Two deaths from HUS submitted. Overall be expected but from a lower detection of EHEC infections since in the past often not assessed to was.

Geographic distribution From all provinces were EHEC or HUS cases transmitted. The highest cumulative incidence rates (total the first since May 2011 submitted EHEC and HUS cases
based on the respective population) will continue in the five northern provinces of Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg, Bremen, Lower Saxony and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern observed (see Table 1). Overall, 69% the beginning of May sent EHEC and 66% of the HUS cases were reported from these provinces. The between the states strongly varying ratio of EHEC and HUS cases is likely to register and transmission due.

Time course From 1 to 11 May 2011, the sum of the transmitted EHEC and HUS new cases (based on the Beginning of the diarrhea) between one and fourteen cases per day (Epidemiological curve, see Figure 1). From 9. May 2011, a slight, 12 from May 2011, a steep Rise with a recent peak on 22 May 2011 observed with 120 submitted EHEC or HUS cases.
Although, the number of new cases of EHEC (in Unlike the reported cases of HUS) between 1 and 12 May 2011 still in the beginning of the year observed background rate in persons in that period to an EHEC infection diseased without HUS, is still a strong Under-reporting assumed. Through the existing reporting and transmission delay is the number of cases, particularly for short past disease data still change.

Demographic distribution

Under both the reported and among the EHEC HUS cases, the majority of patients 20 years old
and over (both 88%) and female (EHEC: 60%; HUS: 71%). In 2006-2010 submitted HUSFällen
the proportion of adults each year, only between 1.5 and 10%, the sexes were about equal
often involved. Figure 2 (see page 202) shows the age-group and gender-specific incidence since the beginning of May 2011 transmitted cases of HUS. In all age groups are women
more affected than men. This is particularly striking this is for those over 45 years.

Submitted deaths

It was submitted so far 13 deaths, including nine in the Connection with HUS after EHEC infection and four without HUS. The age of the transmitted deaths is between 22 and 91 years, five were dead 22-40 years and eight intermediate 75 and 91 years old. Also died in an approximately 50-year-old woman from Sweden,
who, during a stay in Germany had become infected.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I believe that the media is right in sensationalising this. The reason is that the more people are aware of what it is they can then take precautions. i do not think there is an agenda.

Ultimately, it will become contained and it won't turn into anything major.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Most of the E-coli outbreaks in the US are from fresh vegetables manyare imported but majority comes from California.

When it comes to beef the biggest we had is with ground beef, eating raw meet will as in burgers can make you sick.

Still people love to do their own BBQs and eat raw burgers.

Creekstone Farms Recalls Ground Beef in 10 States Over E.Coli Fears

www.walletpop.com... 31

E. coli: Economic impact on the agriculture industry

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

More to support your claim,

Scientists: No Proof Vegetables Are Behind Europe's E. Coli Outbreak

Scientific analysis has failed to show that contaminated vegetables are behind Europe's deadly E. coli outbreak, the EU's Reference Laboratory for E. coli in Rome said Friday.

"Alarmism over the consumption of vegetables is not justified ... since laboratory analyses do not support the hypothesis that contaminated vegetables were the source of the infection," the laboratory said in a statement.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Could this be a way for big Monspanto to push their ready seeds in EU where it has been plagued by unwilling farmers?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am appalled at what Germany's bumbling first accusations have done to Spain!

I have a store, and have to deal daily with people wanting to check my vegetables and fruits to make sure they are not from Spain! I am in South France, a whole lot of our frutis and vegetables have always come from Spain, with no problems whatsoever.
At this time I don't happen to have any, but that was pure hazard- I won't stop buying them.

What pisses me off is that it is sure that the infection did not come from Spain, and yet people are deeply influenced by that earlier accusation and Spain is severly crippled by this. So far, Germany doesn't want to pay up for the huge damages, only a token amount.

I think it also illustrates why limiting the media is important, the public isn't a very discerning group in general, they are easily swayed and influenced by shocking headlines and images, and can quickly and easily be influenced to jump off a cliff en masse, like sheep...... or to attack another like a pack of wolves, with no proof, no evidence, and even with a repeated, wait we made a mistake!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join