It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: "A New Vaccine to cure you of Religious Belief!!!" [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Note that this video is several years old. However, it seems to have surfaced again just this month.
Also note that I am suspicious of this video's authenticity, though I can't find anyone debunking it. Yet.

Having said that, IF this is the real thing, then no wonder it kind of faded away after it was released in 2005. I found two very old threads on this from 2008 and 2009. One with no links, and one with a link that no longer works.

I must admit to a genuine curiousity here. I don't doubt that the technology exists to do something like this. But the question is whether or not this is a real genetic illness. And does it really need to be treated as such?

From a personal perspective, I spent many years involved in the christian church as a believer. And I won't argue that walking away from the church, and a belief in a god has been an exceptionally freeing experience. I feel like I have a life, and a mind of my own again.

But that's me. I don't look at the rest of my family, and what religious friends I still know as sick people that need to be vaccinated. And I certainly don't think I'm in favor of "vaccinating" a whole country.

Nevertheless, watch and listen to the vid, and share your thoughts. And lets not let this thread turn ugly. I realize this is a sensitive topic, and I'm not out to offend any christians, muslims, etc.

Note: I truly had no idea what to put this under. But I'm sure the staff will move it if need be.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Wow, the scariest thing from that video is how nonchalantly the speaker suggests using the flu virus to inoculate the population in the Middle-East, most probably without their knowledge. Makes you wonder how many times WE have been exposed to various "fixes" someone thought should be implemented.

As those who have read my posts probably know, I am no big fan of religion, and I'd be happy to see it go but this way of eliminating it makes me shudder. I think it should all be free will and a slow and gradual process. As our society gets more and more advanced, I think it is inevitable that we will naturally steer away from organized religion, which only serves to hamper the overall progress of the humanity. I think treating it as a disease and modifying our genes when our understanding of the matter is superficial at best, is extremely arrogant and dangerous.

I'm all for genetic research and I'm no fan of religion - but not this way.

Khar

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Agreed. It makes me wonder just what else will this vaccination "cure" while it's curing religion? And what else will or have they thought maybe needs curing among the populace? Maybe conspiracy theorists need a dose too. Or maybe gun owners...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I once heard Lithium is good for curing religion.

Don't know if it's true though...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is a debunk of the video:

A lot is made of the pixelating around the guys mouth, and such, but what shows it most to me is the two pictures of the brain scans. The voiceover, and it really is obviously done as a voiceover and not a mike, says at 01:18, "these are two different individuals". No they are not. The spaces, shapes, and coloring in your brain are as different from one person to the next as fingerprints. The scans are obviously the same brain. That error is so bad, it makes all other claims pale in comparison. And it makes the video a hoax, done by a real amateur that didn't do his research.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Thanks Stars! Maybe the mods will be kind enough to move this to the hoax bin.

Star for you sir. And well earned.

new topics

top topics

join