It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We would not poison our own people," Putin tells EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Link

As scientists work to uncover the origin of the virulent strain of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that has led to the death of 18 people in Europe, Russia closes its border to all vegetables from the EU.

"The ban on the import of fresh vegetables took force today. Fresh vegetables produced in these countries will be seized all over Russia," Director of the Federal Service for Health and Consumer Rights (Rospotrebnadzor), Gennady Onishchenko told Interfax on Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am glad to see that at least Russia cares about the health of their citizens in these regards. We all know this recent outbreak comes from vegetables in the European Union so why should anyone continue to import the goods which have a possibility of being infected? Perhaps the nations within the EU do not care about such health issues but at least the Russians do.

This part particularly intrigued me:

Onishchenko blamed “liberal” EU regulations for the outbreak, and claimed that the high level of antibiotics allowed in food production in Europe led to the E. coli bacteria becoming resistant to treatment.

"You [Europe] have the antibiotics norm of 0.3, while our norm is 0.01," he said. “The high content of antibiotics in European (products) is the cause of the high resistance of coliform bacteria, which might have triggered the infection outbreak in Europe.”

Personally I have never trusted these corporate farmers and would like to see them all run out of business, especially Monsanto corporation. Now the Russians are calling them out, basically condemning their actions in regards to antibiotics in the foods.

“I don’t know what particular spirit is this decision contradicting”, Putin said in response to comments by the EU’s representative in Russia who said that the ban on vegetables was contradicting the principles of the WTO and was thus surprising.

Who cares about the stupid World Trade Organization when it comes to risking individuals lives? Leave it to the EU bureaucrats, the ultimate globalists, to attack Russian trade policies for not accepting potentially dangerous foods which occurred only because the governments of the EU are in bed with multinational corporations with unsafe agricultural practices.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I see some new laws regarding food safety are most probably gonna hit the EU.
We MUST protect the people!!

Tear out that garden of yours, it may have bacteria!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
...and maybe Russian secret service know about the EU elites GM tactics, and don't want a part of it.

I am very suspicious of the new resistant e.coli.

Last I heard on the news is the new strain of e.coli is baffling some scientists,
as the surface of the e.coli 'evolved' (I read Gene Manipulation) a rough surfaced skin that adheres to the surface of vegetables and human's gut lining.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So I have a few questions... maybe a rancher or Ag student/professor can help me out here with some possibilities.

1. How is it that livestock is being given too much anti-biotics? Animals are animals, they get sick, sometimes sure, they get into things, and accidents happen. What exactly would require a whole herd to be injected or fed antibiotics that frequently that pathogens and germs would build up a tolerance? A few two or three, out of the lot I can understand, wounds get infected, but by the mass and that frequent?

2. Is it instead possible that the stock was dairy that had infected teats which were then sold for slaughter? They have to be looking at this on several products or at least not ruling out meats and possibly milk and maybe butter and cheese.

3. I thought the EU was really big on naturally producing much of their product, wouldn't they be against high dosing of stock as much as they are against GMO? If that's true, then why the problem with ecoli due to over use of anti biotics?

4. If this new strain of ecoli possibly came or was transmitted through manure, is the manure not being aged or cooked from any sort of heat? Fertilizer gets pretty hot in piles, especially in the sun, Im wondering how those germs survive in 100-140 degree temperatures...

edit on 4-6-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The Russians have never had a problem in killing their own people.Since there has been no link to EU produce however Russia has stopped shipments from entering the country. I think this has more to do with there being an issue about letting Russian into the World Trade Organization. More discussion about this was brought up on May 27, 2011 by Vlademier Zhvinosky who happens to be the Vice Chairman of the Russian State Duma, Leader of the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia whicich is the first officially sanctioned opposition Party. When he was asked what Russia should do if Russia was blocked from entering the WTO He responded by saying that Russia had secret weapons and could destroy any part of the planet in 15 min.He went on to say that continents would be put to sleep forever. H e further made threats that there could be a tsunami this time in the EU. While many try to blame the US and the HAARP project for the diaster in Japan. One should pause and think what Zhvinosky further stated. He said that 120 million people will die if there is any interference with the Russian claims on Keirel Island which is currently being disputed by JAPAN. Zhvinosky warned of a coming WWIII emerging in the Middle East which would collaspe the EU and the rise of a NEW INTERNATIONAL ORDER lead by Russia.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am glad to see that at least Russia cares about the health of their citizens in these regards.

The Russian government has little regard for its people. The level of corruption in Russia makes the USA look like Whoville.

This feigned concern is just a political ploy which the exact aim will surely become clear in the near future.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

"Vlademier Zhvinosky" ,, that guy reads too much, Kruschev (s.p. ?),,
what's he going to do? bang his shoe, next, lol

(looking back at that , during Kennedy years,, had Kruscheve "thrown" his shoe,, would the Arab world at that time ,, allingned completely with Russia??? lol)
edit on 5-6-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

If u can remember the 50-60's,, Russian Borders closed off too more than "fruits and vegetables",, given any pretext, they will do it again and once again unite with China ,, openly and aggresively ,, remember Checkslovakia,, are we once again heading too that era in the not too distant past? ,,once again, ?????

top topics

join