It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Year-old NEWSFLASH! Anti-homosexuality is Anti-Christianity; More Accurately Pro-Judaism.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

There is nothing wrong with judging sin according to the Word of God. If the judgment is founded on the Word of God then it's not the person judging, it's the Word of God, simple as that. It's that same judgment that judges the believer as well, if the Word of God is rooted deeply in a believer, then one's very own conscious would judge their actions and words etc...So the argument that it's hatred is just an illusion on the other side to simply justify something in their own mind. Righteous judgment is EXACTLY what a God fearing, believing person should do! The intent is to show the sinner their wrong so they can repent and thus be forgiven. It's actually an act of love, because no God fearing person wants to see anyone cast in the lake of fire where there is torment forever and ever...So even if it takes force to get a person to recognize their sin, then we are told in the Word of God to do it...even pulling some out of the fire saving them with fear!

God will punish those who said "I believe in God and Jesus Christ and His Word" but did nothing to assist others who they KNEW were sinning. That's the main duty in fact of a believer and follower of the Word of God to do that exact thing and to do it with passion and love and humility, not a "holier than thou" attitude or demeanor.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Anyone who disagrees with the highly educated but no longer Christian OP is discovered to be a moron that should go read the Bible even though most of us here don't really care what the Bible has to say since its full of contradictions, murder, hate, etc.

Irony. The non-religious on here are even getting angry at each other over what the Bible "ACTUALLY" means to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Love the sinner, hate the sin. There is nothing more or less sinful about homosexuality than any other sin. Sin = Sin. There are no greater or lesser sins in the eyes of God. Lying, theft, murder, sex outside of marriage(homo or hetero) it is all the same.

Let's not forget protected sex, eating McDonalds, and Laser hair removal.

What? Please explain...

Body is a temple made perfect by God, not to be changed by humans & procreation is the only use for sexual intercourse.

(Your OP is pretty non-sensical, BTW)

And your post is relevant and constructive compared to it?

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

When using the book as an excuse to exercise the above words, most (if not all) of it stems from the Hebrew Bible ("Old Testament"). It's not Christian, it's Jewish. Why is it included? Probably because predicts his coming, is useful for some back-story, and some of it has good teachings, and that good still applies, but not some of its "laws" (like stoning prostitutes and so on) and the things that contradict with what Christ taught.

The OT is speckled with hate, bigotry, ignorance, and intolerance, as you said. It is not a proper representation of Christianity because it's not Christian. It does a good job at confusing people though.

edit on 4/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

And angry-atheists love to use the OT to hammer Christians... lots of meaty stuff they can use, and they love to pretend not to understand the existemce, meaning and purpose of the New Testament... (I get the general impression that the OT is considered much more important to American Christians than to us outside the USA. Do you guys even have copies of the NT pubbed separately?

Hence why I stuck to the New Testament until the religious folk brought up the OT... all of my arguments so far have been based solely on Jesus' teachings... what are you going on about?

edit on 5-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maymunah
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

When a person is hearing impaired, they cannot hear at all or too well, same for when a person is vision impaired. So what do you think happens when a person becomes morally impaired? (without using religion as the foundation of morals) I would just like to seeyour opinion as to what you think happens to a person who is morally impaired. This does pertain to the topic and I promise to elaborate further if you choose, or for that matter, anyone else chooses to give their opinion.

Well, if we're going to talk about morals outside of religion, you might not like the conclusion:

Morally impaired people don't care about the rest of humanity, they just want to do whatever gets them ahead, regardless of who gets left behind in the process.

Gay people have acceptance parades that don't exclude anyone who wants to voice any progressive opinion that they may have. Gay people adopt the children that many heterosexuals abandon. Gay people know what it's like to be judged based on misunderstandings, so they don't often condemn people based on what they see on the surface.

Anti-homosexual people go to congregations that disallow people entry based on their sexual orientation, financial status, or beliefs. They create things like Prop 8 that literally tear apart families, force children back into orphanages, allow insurance companies to disallow benefits, disallow hospital visits from the people they love. They push their anti-homosexual beliefs at the most inappropriate times, making it look like they condone the violent acts committed by their youth...

I'm not even going to get into the social divides and wars caused by all religions.

I'd say there's a pretty thick moral line here, yes.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katerna
Anyone who disagrees with the highly educated but no longer Christian OP is discovered to be a moron that should go read the Bible

There is a big difference between unintelligent folk and ignorant folk. If you're going to be overtly anti-homosexual based on religious scriptures, you don't think you should at least read the book yourself first and not pick things out of context and act like they argue the point? Because that is what ignorance is...

...and I would never call someone a moron, don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

"God WILL have all mankind to BE SAVED and come into a knowledge of the truth". I Tim. 2:4 . Most of mankind die unsaved. Jesus came to save the lost and destroyed, that is everyone. That God Almighty will torture anyone endlessly is nowhere taught or even hinted at anywhere in scripture. It comes to the proper translation of words. God has said it, and willed it, and He will bring it to pass. God will resurrect all Israel and they will then come to know God and God will forgive them. He will do the same for the Gentile nations.
edit on 5-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info
That is why it is the GOOD NEWS book. Because all mankind will be saved.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I'm sorry, but those were not same sex relationships as in homosexual relationships.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I totally agree with you on this one!!!!

edit on 5-6-2011 by sezsue because: never mind

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by intrepid

No one in that day understood homosexuality. Nor did they understand that epilepsy is a disorder, not a demon.

The reason why homosexual fornication and heterosexual fornication was forbidden was because the pagan nations used both in the worship of their gods.

Sexual relations outside marriage were forbidden because the raising of children is best accomplished within the bounds of marriage, between a man and a woman. A man serves a certain role, and a woman serves a certain role, which is what God must have planned for, otherwise, He would not have created two sexes.

Also, it's pretty well documented that sodomy is a pretty serious health risk. I mean, feces contamination spreads diseases such as e-coli, and worse.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

"God WILL have all mankind to BE SAVED and come into a knowledge of the truth". I Tim. 2:4 . Most of mankind die unsaved. Jesus came to save the lost and destroyed, that is everyone. That God Almighty will torture anyone endlessly is nowhere taught or even hinted at anywhere in scripture. It comes to the proper translation of words. God has said it, and willed it, and He will bring it to pass. God will resurrect all Israel and they will then come to know God and God will forgive them. He will do the same for the Gentile nations.

Once again, I totally agree with you.

That is what is being accomplished in God's plan of the ages. EVERYONE will eventually be saved! Jesus died for EVERYONE.

(Sounds like you might enjoy a great website I found called tentmaker.org)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

That is what is being accomplished in God's plan of the ages. EVERYONE will eventually be saved! Jesus died for EVERYONE.

I agree!
However - only by and through Christ. Those not saved here and now in this life, will have to be taught and cleansed first...
V

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

I agree!
However - only by and through Christ. Those not saved here and now in this life, will have to be taught and cleansed first...
V

Aero posted the part starting "God WILL..." but I totally agree with him.

Exactly!!!!! THAT is God's plan of the ages!

Those of us who accept Jesus and really know him (instead of just SAYING we do).......will be eligible to be kings and priests in His earthly government.

Eventually though, even the worst of the worst will be cleansed and made perfect, because that is the plan.

No one will burn FOREVER in the lake of fire, although some may go there for a time, to be refined like silver and gold. The refining process only burns out the impurities.

Burning forever in hell (which only means the grave!) is a PAGAN belief. The original followers of Jesus did not believe such a thing.

That is why, even though the practice of homosexuality AND FORNICATION is considered a sin (and all sins are equal in the eyes of God, according to the Bible) we are not to commit or advocate violence against those that practice those types of behaviors. God makes it pretty clear that if we do those things (PRACTICE homosexuality or fornication) we will pay the price either physically or spiritually.

That's why God has prohibited those things. And that is why it's actually practicing love for our fellow man if we speak out against those behaviors, we are not to tolerate ACCEPTANCE of those behaviors, because that is how the behaviors spread. But not accepting those behaviors does not mean tolerating violence against those that live those types of lifestyles.

Look where tolerance of fornication outside of marriage has led us.
June 2011 Percentage of Babies born out of wedlock.
CDC statistics

The statistics regarding the ill effects of the LGBT lifestyles are pretty grim, as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

How do you know that? Can you provide a source?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

When Jesus said "if you look upon a woman to lust after her, you have committed adultery in your heart.",,, was he talking only to married men? Nope, all men.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My take on this:
Everything that happens, well, just happens. (As happenings have been since when ever.)
If it doesn't happen, then it may have been either prevented from happening or postponed until a later, more suitable, time. (Just how this occurs is anybody's guess.)
Happenings are just the preventions of preventing events.

Hopefully, this makes everything relevant, clear, and supremely helpful.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join