It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't raise the debt ceiling? Pension fund money the government took is gone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
This is actually good news!

It's not like the public could ask for interest rates on their "loan".

For the first time in years, the money borrowed by the country is not impossible to give back, in theory with the inflation. Too bad in reality, they won't give that money back, even without interest.

How about they take the money from black ops or the army or nasa or investors or companies?
Oh I forgot, we can't. Those guys have to power to say : Hey don't steal my money.
edit on 3-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

Hey.. leave what's left of NASA alone, they are being squeezed out of existence as it is...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
If I'm an American, I would have planned to immigrate to another country since QE2.

well that's easier said than done.
Most folks just don't have the money
to leave the country. And even if they did,
most ATS members are probably on the no-fly list
already and couldn't get on the plane.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
This is actually good news!

It's not like the public could ask for interest rates on their "loan".

For the first time in years, the money borrowed by the country is not impossible to give back, in theory with the inflation. Too bad in reality, they won't give that money back, even without interest.

How about they take the money from black ops or the army or nasa or investors or companies?
Oh I forgot, we can't. Those guys have to power to say : Hey don't steal my money.
edit on 3-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

That's because the money really went to the BRIC countries. Nixon went to China in 1972. The Chinese opened up their country in 7 years later. Can you guess why?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So far, 80 billion has been stolen from pension funds.

Quantifying The Treasury's Plunder Of Retirement Accounts: $80 Billion Between The G- And CSRD Funds Since Debt Ceiling Breach

Last Thursday we attempted a rough estimation of how much the Treasury has been dipping, or as it is also known "disinvesting", into the G-fund and the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF). Courtesy of Stone Mountain, we now have a definitive number. Even we did not realize how bad it is: in a nutshell, since the debt ceiling breach in mid May, Tim Geithner has replaced one IOU (that of the Fed) with another (that of the Treasury) in the G Fund to the tune of $57 billion, and in the CSRDF of about $22 billion. In other words, retirement funds have seen a "disinvestment" of nearly $80 billion in the past 3 weeks just to make space for further funding of bloated government, defense spending, and healthcare benefits. But don't worry: Tim promises it shall all be well.

80 billion in 3 weeks. Quite a sum. At this rate, there's about 40 days left before there's no more money in the pension funds. That would mean July 16... they'll probably find some money elsewhere than the pension funds to fund their BS until at least August 2.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join