It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who say Badnarik does not stand a chance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was just talking about polls, but I guess it could be a contradiction, I'll admit that, but can you honestly tell me you believe Badnarik will even come close this year? Even if everybody on ATS votes for him? Be honest.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The ATS poll isn't the point, the point of the ATS poll was to poll people on ATS thats it, who they would vote for this election, just like the mock poll on the other site.

I really do believe the Badnarik will be kicking george bush's ass out of the white house, I think more people are waking from their two party sleep.

I really do... Honestly...

And your not funny...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
The main difference, pandering to the fanatic religious bible-thumpers, Kerry will allow stem cell research to continue, will not reverse Roe vs. Wade, and generally will not pass laws based on biblical nonsense. At least we will be able to move forward in that respect.

You and I are of similar views here (raving atheist in my case), which is I why I decided to contribute to the Campaign issues thread. I was hoping to ask questions I would of the candidates without the PR spin.

If you get the chance you ought to read SpittinCobra's article on the stem cell debate - it's an eye opener.

Stem Cell

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
However, so you will not pester me any more about this matter, I will answer your original question. I am not being paid anything to post on ATS. I have no affiliation with the Kerry-Edwards campaign, the DNC, or any other Democratic political organization. I am a registered Democrat.

As to the rest of your preamble- whatever. As to my question, you are WAY off the mark. With the way you condecend to members, insult, demean, I was almost certain that you were being paid by the Republicans to drive people away from the Dem's. If that isn't your intent, you better reivaluate how you're posting, because you certainly aren't helping the Dem's any. Hope I didn't offend your delicate sensitivities. No really!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
The ATS poll isn't the point, the point of the ATS poll was to poll people on ATS thats it, who they would vote for this election, just like the mock poll on the other site.

I really do believe the Badnarik will be kicking george bush's ass out of the white house, I think more people are waking from their two party sleep.

I really do... Honestly...

And your not funny...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by TrueLies]

I guess we will just never see eye to eye, will we? The fact that you ACTUALLY believe that Badnarik will beat even Nader, much less Kerry or Bush in this election is what is funny, not me. By the way, please point out to me where I was trying to be funny. I was being dead serious. And I was very suprised by your answer above. I thought you understood that your vote was a protest vote, everybody else on here in your party seems to understand that. But you really think there's a possibility Badnarik will win, wow. Poor kid.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
he needs to get more exposure. if he could put stuf on national tv he could get exposure, he gets exposure and he might have more of a chance.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
You and I are of similar views here (raving atheist in my case), which is I why I decided to contribute to the Campaign issues thread. I was hoping to ask questions I would of the candidates without the PR spin.

If you get the chance you ought to read SpittinCobra's article on the stem cell debate - it's an eye opener.

That is a very interesting read, it seems everything will politicized this year, though. It's not only the issues I've mentioned thus far that make me dislike Bush so much, did anybody see the press conference a couple days ago where he said that if he knew then what he knows know (about Iraq's lack of WMD's or proof of terror ties) he STILL would've invaded. And the look on his face was one of disgust for the notion anybody would disagree. No spin there, came out of his own mouth. He said because Hussein was an evil dictator who had aspired to get WMD's it would've been justified. How many other evil dictators are out there aspiring to get WMD's? A few, so if Bush is re-elected this year, we can look forward to four more years of war. His supporters should shout "war more years" instead of "four more years". Anyways in my case, I'm not an athiest, I believe in a higher power/purpose in the universe and beyond, but I think it's far too complex to be defined by man. And I'm sure it doesn't demand we worship it or grovel beneath it, I think we are all PART of it, kinda like the force in Star Wars, I'm sure the answer lies somewhere in our brains, we just cannot access it yet (I'm sure you all know we only use a small percent of our brains). Whoa, I've gone way off thread, sorry everybody.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I guess we will just never see eye to eye, will we? The fact that you ACTUALLY believe that Badnarik will beat even Nader, much less Kerry or Bush in this election is what is funny, not me.

That's not funny, if anything it's wishful thinking on my part, many times, people's dreams and wishes become reality, and i'm hoping in this case it will.

By the way, please point out to me where I was trying to be funny. I was being dead serious.

When you said:

I'll admit that, but can you honestly tell me you believe Badnarik will even come close this year? Even if everybody on ATS votes for him? Be honest.

I thought you using your sarcasm here if not i'm sorry, i'm just to handling your posts with a hint of sarcasm, again I thought it was just you being funny.

And I was very suprised by your answer above. I thought you understood that your vote was a protest vote, everybody else on here in your party seems to understand that. But you really think there's a possibility Badnarik will win, wow. Poor kid.

I don't think i've ever seen anybody in lp say that their vote is a protest vote, if anything it's vote based off passion, and wanting to vote for a party that they truly believe in, again, point me in the direction where people in the lp stance have said this...Gimme names, gimme quotes, i'd like to see what your talking out, or are you just pulling this out of your ass like the other two things i've called you out on??

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's not funny, if anything it's wishful thinking on my part, many times, people's dreams and wishes become reality, and i'm hoping in this case it will.

You're right, unexpected things can happen, if it's truly your dream I cannot begrudge you that.

When you said:

I'll admit that, but can you honestly tell me you believe Badnarik will even come close this year? Even if everybody on ATS votes for him? Be honest.

I thought you using your sarcasm here if not i'm sorry, i'm just to handling your posts with a hint of sarcasm, again I thought it was just you being funny.

I guess I do come across as sarcastic sometimes, but this time I wasn't.

I don't think i've ever seen anybody in lp say that their vote is a protest vote, if anything it's vote based off passion, and wanting to vote for a party that they truly believe in, again, point me in the direction where people in the lp stance have said this...Gimme names, gimme quotes, i'd like to see what your talking out, or are you just pulling this out of your ass like the other two things i've called you out on??

Once again, you're right. I am thinking of the third part voters thread. The LP people have not stated that, and lucky for them too, it looks like you would be out for their blood, just kidding, again. And from now on I'll refer to it as a "passion vote" as opposed to a "protest vote". See? I'm easy to work with.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You're right, unexpected things can happen, if it's truly your dream I cannot begrudge you that.

Thank you not too many people would want to agree with that.

I guess I do come across as sarcastic sometimes, but this time I wasn't.

Yes you do come off snarky and it's hard to make the distinction when your being serious and when your being funny.

Once again, you're right. I am thinking of the third part voters thread. The LP people have not stated that, and lucky for them too, it looks like you would be out for their blood, just kidding, again. And from now on I'll refer to it as a "passion vote" as opposed to a "protest vote". See? I'm easy to work with.

A passion vote is alot more better then a protest vote and I say this because many lp's are voting from their heart, they do agree with the issues that the lp has set out, and for good reason too, it's what this country was founded upon, and it's what the other two parties used to be, but have become polarized. And yes, you are easy to work with, after taking up two pages i'd #ing hope so! You are fun to debate with, I don't mind chewing your head every once in a while...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I don't mind chewing your head every once in a while...

Yeah, it's a lot more fun to debate a strong willed person.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't mind chewing your head every once in a while...

Yeah, it's a lot more fun to debate a strong willed person.

Couldn't agree more.... Lookin forward to my next snack.... muahaha...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Got a question for people that study Libertarian Issues:

Where does Badnarik fall in the Gay access to Boy Scouts quandry?

He could be a champion for open access to all in everything, OR make it a free speech issue allowing the Boy Scouts to do what they want kind of like the Klan.

I googled it, and got stuff...lots actually (depsite any official position), along with piles of inuendo about WHY this is such a quandry for Badnarik in particular, but what do you think?

And (as long as were in the restricted forum) what if the Adult Single Boy Scout Leader innuendo is true. Or even assuming it's not. In a world where we invent characteristics like "presidentialness" wouldn't this indeed mean he "doesn't stand a chance" (were the spotlight ever to be turned on him of course).

Obligatory: not that there's anything wrong with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First of on Donglimmro and her comments on Amuk were uncalled for. Personally I think you are, Dong, the most miserable and unfriendly members on this site. I would rather spend time and read an entire topic by Colonel than listen to you. Amuk has gone way above, and got us in talks with Badernak to make a visit here.

Now, I know nothing about him, no idea where he stands. If he would come out more, do some interviews on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox he would get more attention. If I knew where he stood on issues, I may rather see him in office than Bush. I would never want Kerry, so Bush is my only option. But now that I'm hearing more about Badnarik I may change my mind. Anywhere that lists his views on issues?

And yes Dong, I'm one of those "teenage brats", thanks for generalizing us.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jedi,

YOu do know that CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, don't want him on their shows doing interviews because like the other brainwashed people on this site it would take votes away from the left and the right...

We live in an unfair world, it's our job to scout out other possibilities on our own without adopting an apathetic attitude.... That is such a dangerous mind game they put forth for us to eat it, their in bed with the gop and ldp why would they want to take the attention off them and put the spotlight on somebody who actually has values and isn't full of #??

And rant,

I have a feeling your just trying to be funny, if not, then I got a good chuckle when I read your post...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
First of on Donglimmro and her comments on Amuk were uncalled for.

And what comments would that be? Normally, when you criticize another poster's comments, you quote them, so others will know what you are talking about. I assume you meant "First of all", not "First of on". And you also badly misspelled my user name. Can't you even accurately transcribe what is right in front of you? And I am a man, not a woman.

Personally I think you are, Dong, the most miserable and unfriendly members on this site. I would rather spend time and read an entire topic by Colonel than listen to you. Amuk has gone way above, and got us in talks with Badernak to make a visit here.

Since you know nothing about me, your opinion has no validity and does not concern me. If you think Amuk's posts in this thread are way above, your judgement is severely impaired. And you badly misspelled Badnarik's name.

And yes Dong, I'm one of those "teenage brats", thanks for generalizing us.

Thanks for providing a perfect example of what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
JediMaster says

Remeber, whenever someone votes Democrat baby Jesus cries. Kerry is a war coward.

No, Baby Jesus crys whenever someone invokes his name for political purposes. So Kerry is a war coward? Kerry was awarded the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. Why don't you tell us about your military medals and combat experience? Unless you have actually served in a combat zone, you have no business criticizing war heroes like John Kerry for their military record.

I notice you have changed your signature. It used to say "John Kerry is a communist stooge." Did you finally realize what a preposterous lie that is?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dong....LOL I like that

Your childish attempts to draw me into a name calling contest are not gonna work.

And I for one dont care if you are a woman or just a man that likes to pretend he is Hillary...LOL

Well maybe just once

But seriously if you think we are all lunitics and teenage brats why are you here?

If I had such a low opinion of the people on this board I just would not post, or bother to come here at all.

Do you just come here to make fun of us or are you here to save us from our selves like a good little Democrat?

I am starting to believe Intrepid that you have been hired by the Republicans to discredit the Democrats.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Rant you keep impling that Badnarik is some child molester can you provide some proof?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Jedi,

YOu do know that CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, don't want him on their shows doing interviews because like the other brainwashed people on this site it would take votes away from the left and the right...

We live in an unfair world, it's our job to scout out other possibilities on our own without adopting an apathetic attitude.... That is such a dangerous mind game they put forth for us to eat it, their in bed with the gop and ldp why would they want to take the attention off them and put the spotlight on somebody who actually has values and isn't full of #??

And rant,

I have a feeling your just trying to be funny, if not, then I got a good chuckle when I read your post...

True Lies, your absolutely right! He won't get on those shows because they don't want to show the rest of the country there is another option. He might get on the some local cable shows, or maybe "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", but none of the big dogs will let him on. Which is a shame, cause people need to realize that there is another option. The whole "anyone but Bush" deal just doesn't work for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join