It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Annee

Buck Up Macho Man - - you are 50% responsible for the act and any results of.

No, if the man does not want the baby, then the woman is 100 % responsible for the result, by her own unilateral decision. Why should man be forced to pay anything, then?

Absolutely.

I guess what I dont understand is women want this "equality" utopia,but are not inclined to change the "Victorian" thinking and lifestyle of becoming equal. Only when the purpose of equality "suits" the individual do you see a clamor of "where are the rights" for our gender even being brought up. "Bucking up" is actually not falling prey to the system,that has touted reform for the last 100 years,but keeps those women in the same exact place it has always kept them. The pity party is over.If you want child support reform,at least recognize the angle the courts have for women. Admit its one sided. I would love to see more women step up and say they dont "need" financial help from the man,or ask a judge why do women get placement of the children 9 out of 10 times. You will NEVER see that,but you will always hear how hard it is for a man to financially fight a corrupt system,that is gender biased.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Doing it the old fashion way - - which requires both partners. Buck Up Macho Man - - you are 50% responsible for the act and any results of.

Deal with it.

Are you being dense on purpose?

A baby that requires 20 years of support does not result from intercourse, it is only ever the result of a woman's unilateral choice.

YOU need to BUCK UP - you are 100% responsible for the results of your unilateral choices!

edit on 11-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I totally agree.
It's akin to saying a woman who took drinks, went with a guy to his place, undressed but said no at the last minute being responsible when they are raped.
I think women know how bad that used to be until the law changed.
NO MEANS NO. Whether it's sex or wanting a child IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Do what I do. Don't have kids and become a bum.

edit on 11-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Anyone besides me get tired of hearing about the feminist agenda.

MAN went to war - - left women to fend for themselves. Guess what - - the women did just fine without you.

MAN comes home - - expects woman to revert back to subservient.

Are you out of your mind?

Fine, you go get your ass shot off in some far away land, I'll stay home with the kids.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Annee

Fact is: MAN is responsible for women becoming independent.

If women were truly independent, they would also bear full responsibility for their own unilateral decision to bring a child into this world, and not leech money from men that did not agree with it in the first place.

If a woman chose to have a baby by herself through AI - - I agree.

Doing it the old fashion way - - which requires both partners. Buck Up Macho Man - - you are 50% responsible for the act and any results of.

Deal with it.

She did choose to by herself, that's the point. It's her choice, not the man's. And don't say that the man made the choice when he had sex becasue if that's the case, then so did the woman and abortion should be outlawed.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

She did choose to by herself, that's the point. It's her choice, not the man's. And don't say that the man made the choice when he had sex because if that's the case, then so did the woman and abortion should be outlawed.

I'm really tired of your Poor Me whining.

She chose by herself to have intercourse that can result in a pregnancy? Sure she did.

Or is it immaculate conception?

Oh Gawd! Another man giving his opinion on abortion. Sorry not interested.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Fine, you go get your ass shot off in some far away land, I'll stay home with the kids.

And where exactly did I mention anything along these lines?

Where someone's feet touch the ground when they are born - - is not my measure of human value.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Deal with it.

Are you being dense on purpose?

A baby that requires 20 years of support does not result from intercourse, it is only ever the result of a woman's unilateral choice.

YOU need to BUCK UP - you are 100% responsible for the results of your unilateral choices!

The minute your zipper went down - - you became 50% responsible.

That's called biology.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

She did choose to by herself, that's the point. It's her choice, not the man's. And don't say that the man made the choice when he had sex because if that's the case, then so did the woman and abortion should be outlawed.

I'm really tired of your Poor Me whining.

She chose by herself to have intercourse that can result in a pregnancy? Sure she did.

Or is it immaculate conception?

Oh Gawd! Another man giving his opinion on abortion. Sorry not interested.

The only people here with the "poor me" mentality are the women who whine about how they can't afford a kid THEY chose to have.

And I know you don't want to hear it, because you are biased and unwilling to accept that your position is one of hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would love to see more women step up and say they dont "need" financial help from the man,or ask a judge why do women get placement of the children 9 out of 10 times. You will NEVER see that,but you will always hear how hard it is for a man to financially fight a corrupt system,that is gender biased.

And why would a woman not expect the paternal unit to provide support for the child they both created

You are 50% responsible. That is how it works.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Where someone's feet touch the ground when they are born - - is not my measure of human value.

You said women did just fine while men went off to war. So, like I said, let's have the women march off to war and the men can stay home for a change.
edit on 11-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The only people here with the "poor me" mentality are the women who whine about how they can't afford a kid THEY chose to have.

And I know you don't want to hear it, because you are biased and unwilling to accept that your position is one of hypocrisy.

Again - - unless the woman - independently - by herself - went to a clinic and had AI. Which some women do.

There was a willing partner in creating a child. That is just FACT.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The minute your zipper went down - - you became 50% responsible.

That's called biology.

Fine, 50% responsible. That means, that in God's eyes too, I am half responsible, and I believe abortion is a sin. If you didn't want to have a kid, you should not have slept with me.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You said women did just fine while men went off to war. So, like I said, let's have the women march off to war and the men can stay home for a change.

Someone must have really done a number on you.

You do know - of course - women have to get men's permission to fight in wars. It is still men making the military rules.

BTW - - - I support every citizen be required to give 2 years service. But I don't make the rules.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Again - - unless the woman - independently - by herself - went to a clinic and had AI. Which some women do.

There was a willing partner in creating a child. That is just FACT.

Yes, some women do, and STILL there have been cases where the donor was forced to pay support.

There are also many cases where women were convicted or rape in a court of law, but the male victim was STILL ordered to pay support.

So where is this "willing partner" bit again?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You do know - of course - women have to get men's permission to fight in wars. It is still men making the military rules.

There are plenty of women in Congress, write your senator if you don't like the rules of the military.

I for one really don't care who goes to war, but mixed gender units lack cohesion. As do mixed gender-preference units.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yes, some women do, and STILL there have been cases where the donor was forced to pay support.

Yes I have heard of a few cases. Some were arranged on their own with no legal paper work.

But - yes I think there has been cases of AI through legal clinics - - - that the donor was held responsible - - - in the best interest of the child. Of course I do not know the details of any cases.

I agree 100% with you on this. If a woman goes to a legitimate licensed clinic - - the donor should be 100% protected.

But - - that is not what you are really talking about.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

There are plenty of women in Congress, write your senator if you don't like the rules of the military.

I for one really don't care who goes to war, but mixed gender units lack cohesion. As do mixed gender-preference units.

You are reaching off topic.

And blowing up a simple and factual statement I made.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes I have heard of a few cases. Some were arranged on their own with no legal paper work.

But - yes I think there has been cases of AI through legal clinics - - - that the donor was help responsible - - - in the best interest of the child. Of course I do not know the details of any cases.

I agree 100% with you on this. If a woman goes to a legitimate licensed clinic - - the donor should be 100% protected.

But - - that is not what you are really talking about.

Not entirely no, of course not. My position remains unchanged.

Since it is the woman's choice and the woman's choice alone to actually go through with a pregnancy, or to put a child up for adoption, it is entirely her responsibility.

The only exceptions I would make are in cases of rape, where the perp should be held financially accountable but have no rights whatsoever to the child. Second, in cases where the father claimed paternal rights over the child. And third, in cases where the couple are married and there was no provable deception on the part of the woman. Say for instance, if the child were the born of an extramarital affair. The married man should not be held financially responsible for that child, and if it should ever come to light that it was not his child, he should be able to sue the woman for back-support that he never should have paid.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join