It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tortured and killed: Hamza al-Khateeb, age 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A disturbing story from the Middle East:

Arrested during a protest in Saida, 10km east of Daraa, on April 29, Hamza's body was returned to his family on Tuesday 24th May, horribly mutilated.

The child had spent nearly a month in the custody of Syrian security, and when they finally returned his corpse it bore the scars of brutal torture: Lacerations, bruises and burns to his feet, elbows, face and knees, consistent with the use of electric shock devices and of being whipped with cable, both techniques of torture documented by Human Rights Watch as being used in Syrian prisons during the bloody three-month crackdown on protestors.

english.aljazeera.net...

I'm not sure what is going on in Syria exactly, some people say it one thing, others say its another. I do know this though, no child (or any person) should suffer in this manner. The amount of hate and cruelty in the world is truly disturbing. I think about the torturers and how they can justify this brutality in their minds. I think about their superiors who feed and further corrupt these people and make them into tools for their own gains.

I did not watch the video. The description in article is horrid enough. I wish people would realized that it doesn't have to be like this. There is plenty of resources and land for everyone, if you take the need for personal gain out of the equation. I don't know how to make it better. I wish we could make it better.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I suspect nothing less from Assad his father was a bass turd and so is he, Freidman in his book From Beirut to Jerusalem talks about the decimation of Hama and that alone was enough to turn the stomach, but torture and Syria have been synonymous for ages, back in the day and probably now as well they used a device called "the black chair" which was a chair with the hole cut out of it and a hot iron inserted into it. You can imagine the rest that's why I do not have a doubt Assad and his alawites would do this.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I read it and watched a youtube of it .

WARNING its ugly !

A 13 yo was subjected to so nasty things there. I find it hard to believe some one could do that to a kid .

May they rot in hell .

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Wow commenting before reading the article didn't do any justice. This is horrible.
edit on 31-5-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I feel deep hatred and contempt. If I would see these people who have it done to him I would not know what I would do with them. See you in hell!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We've all been played.Syria is the next target , so media playing another part of these games , their targeting us for sympathy and hate towards the syrians in many forms , media , news , blah blah blah etc.. and humbly accept and support for coming war of middle east.Propaganda CIA beecheees

edit on 31-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is simply beyond sickening, although it is not surprising considering Syria has an extremely poor human rights record....what was done to this child is something I wouldn't wish on anyone except those that perpetrate such acts. It's unfortunate he had to live in such a repressive and corrupt regime. Hope the Syrians will eventually have success in their efforts against this regime.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by solid007
We've all been played.Syria is the next target , so media playing another part of these games , their targeting us for sympathy and hate towards the syrians in many forms , media , news , blah blah blah etc.. and humbly accept and support for coming war of middle east

I understand what you mean. I'm not saying that I know who did this or why. All I know is a child was horribly murdered. I condemn them whether it was the Syrians or us. This should never happen, for any reason. I have no doubt it was some kind of card being playing by someone. Its terrible that we have to get children involved to sway opinions, one way or another.

I truly hope that one day we can overcome the need to put a price on peoples lives.
edit on 31-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: fixed typos

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I truely accept your statement my friend and i am one of those against the killings.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Secret CIA prisons at work most likely. I hate to say it but this is OBVIOUSLY part of a program to demonize the Syrian government. The toppling of the Assad regime has been planned for years. They've been consistently a thorn in the side of Zionists and Neocons.

This kid was anonymously kidnapped, anonymously returned. Only thing linking this to the Syrian government are observers claiming that the torture was consistent with methods used by Syria. Well they are also consistent with CIA torture camps. And just about every other group that systematically employs torture.

Now what could possibly be the motive for kidnapping this kid while leaving his family? If they were concerned about security issues, the parents would have been taken too. If it was about some legal matter, then the police would have been used. There's no possible reason for Syria to commit this act. On the other hand, for those heartless powers that are hell-bent on dominating the Middle East, that are already proven to employ dozens of secret torture prisons all over this region, this would greatly serve their interests by enflaming hatred against Assad.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm slightly puzzled by your comment. Are you saying that you commented before reading and then came back and changed it. Or are you saying that I didn't read the article before posting?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is definitely hard to imagine how someone could do this. But think about how these systems are created. Corrupt people tend to gravitate together. When a corrupt individual assumes a prominent level of office, he will appoint similarly corrupt people beneath him - people he knows will not just follow his corrupt orders, but probably enjoy carrying them out.

Rinse and repeat for dozens of generations throughout all walks of life and you end up with well-financed, highly-organized criminal rackets which permeate both the legal world and the black underworld seamlessly.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Thanks for your input. All the things you have mentioned above I have thought about myself. I do believe there is a conspiracy here. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever end. I don't think its a coincidence that we killed Bin Laden right when tensions are heating up in another part of the Middle East. A new boogie-man will appear for us to hate and chase. The perpetual war machine marches on.

Will our children ever know peace?

Originally posted by Son of Will
Rinse and repeat for dozens of generations throughout all walks of life and you end up with well-financed, highly-organized criminal rackets which permeate both the legal world and the black underworld seamlessly.

Very well said. The million dollar question is: How do we break the cycle?

edit on 31-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I commented before I read the article. Then I realized after reading the article that my comment was too far off the point.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Very Disturbing.
There is a facebook page been set up in remembrace...www.facebook.com... Torture should be outlawed in this day and age. I found it sick to read that the Americans trained and promoted the Egyptian forces in torture techniques..

kx

join