It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flaring warning issued!....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

WOW! Off to read...

Thanks for the info!!

xoxox

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think the Ohms Law stuff can be cleared up right here:

kieranconnolly.info...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fc003fcd2c6.jpg[/atsimg]

I find this chart to be a bit extensive for someone not familiar with it..its extensive for me, but I am just starting out learning radio electronics for building and fixing my own stuff. Also, Ohms Law is something one must know to pass radio licensing exams. Yay.

As for the sun stuff... I am gonna step outta this one but I can see both sides to the arguments here and really hate to read such arguments that take away from the topic and spread ridicule to a member who is not even the OP. Sad how we must resort to flaming someone who is just stating things in a rather reasonable format. I kinda thought that we respected facts here... but at the same time I have to say that not any one of us has the end-all-be-all answer. This is just how life is. In the end we are all observers, so instead of hating on people, conduct your own research studies..since you cannot be happy with a persons posting of "known facts" I find it a good practice anyway, just self-study, question and learn everything you can. Assumption gets people nothing but hurt. If anything you learned something by DOING, not just researching google links in feverish attempt at "proving someone wrong" you know what they say about arguing on the internet...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Not going to start one of my own threads, as I'm sure that it's been done already.

Anyway, I looked in Fragile Earth to see if the story I'm posting here was up; didn't see it but got derailed by this one. I was on this thread reading the other day and shrugged it off. Looks like the dude was right. This flare is absolutely amazing.

Huge Sun Eruption 6/7/11

Edit: Thread Already Started Here.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Elepheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

You know that chart gotta go back 30 years,,, lol
Just brought back memories,, sorry,,, carry on

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Another Big Solar Blast on June 7th,2011

NASA
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

Well this time is seems it is traveling towars earth and we may feel repircussions of this solar flare in a few days.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Suppose to hit in a couple of hours, will wait and see if we have the net still running then

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HAMO2011
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Suppose to hit in a couple of hours, will wait and see if we have the net still running then

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well it sure doesn't take long for the CMEs to find their way to YouTube!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised how calm every one is. Instead of wasting time on the internet, why don't you spend time with your families. If I get banned it won't matter to me one bit. Here's a link of a solar flare hitting the earth around the 24th of June 2011. Hope you know what this is because I sure don't.

science.nasa.gov...

Know I'm getting off topic but read Revelation 16:8-9

edit on 7/1/2011 by Leyla because: Date error

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Do you know what today's date is?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Grasshopper! I know what day it is- insulting a veteran member is a crime. Don't be a smart aleck.

I got a email from WND yesterday: Maxwell Swart made this report don't know how legit it is. Looked up his name and found nothing.

2012-survival-guide.com...
edit on 7/1/2011 by Leyla because: Update

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Earth-directed Coronal Mass Ejection(June 24, 2011)

The Sun erupted with a modest (C-7) flare and coronal mass ejection (June 21, 2011) that was aimed pretty much right towards Earth. In these composite images and movies, the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) observed the burst and ensuing coronal loops (that look like an uncoiling Slinky) in extreme ultraviolet light. SOHO's C2 coronagraph captured the expanding particle cloud that expanded in all directions like a faint halo around the Sun. The movie shows about 12 hours of activity. Estimates predicted that the particle cloud might mildly impact Earth a few days later, which could perhaps generate some nice aurora at higher latitudes.

The sky isn't falling just yet

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Didn't notice anything strange until I got that email yesterday. But thanks for that answer I'm not a scientist so you have to over look that. Will that flair do anything to the atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

No worries

As for the flare, it has already come an gone, and the most it did with our atmosphere was give a nice show up North. Nothing to worry about though.

ETA: This was a C class flare, we don't need to start worrying till we get to high M and X class flares, with the most noticeable damage being radio blackouts and radiation storms.
edit on 1-7-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by Leyla

No worries

As for the flare, it has already come an gone, and the most it did with our atmosphere was give a nice show up North. Nothing to worry about though.

ETA: This was a C class flare, we don't need to start worrying till we get to high M and X class flares, with the most noticeable damage being radio blackouts and radiation storms.
edit on 1-7-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

The big show won't be until December 21, 2012.
- Hold on to your hat! -

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh boy yeah that's what I had too, but it will happen by emp knocking out all the electricity.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Oh boy yeah that's what I had too, but it will happen by emp knocking out all the electricity.

I guess we could all head on up to Lancaster, Pennsylvania and take some lessons from
the Amish. OK, so how does this buggy work?
-----------
How much do i feed that horse?!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was just reading on solar flares and came across this update:

solarstormwarning.com...

For the last few hours our pc's have been doing weird things. Slow internet, freezing, odd game play. Our radios have been especially static off and on all night too. Our cordless phones hooked to a cable box for service are acting up (can't dial out, static, dropped calls). Our cell phones too, won't make calls, static, dropped calls. I thought maybe it was just my internet/cable/phone provider but my neighbors and throughout our area are having the same problems, off and on for days. And we all have different service providers. My provider claims they are having computer problems. My bank as well for the last couple days. Their computers inside were acting weird. And the t'v's, changed to wrong channels, off won't work/on problems.

It may not be anything that can be really bad but this has me a bit worried.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

Hello. Are you saying that you are having internet problems now in the current day? And do you feel it is due to what the text on the link page is about?

I ask because I do not see an update for the current days or anything related to what is posted in this thread from last year.

I am trying to understand.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join