It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Role in the Deployment of Backscatter X-Ray Body Scanners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I feel as though I owe the world an apology. In 2006 I was stationed in Ramadi, Iraq. I personally put on order about a half dozen of the same type of Backscatter X-Ray scanners now being unconstitutionally used in airports. I appropriated funds for them, arranged shipping and pickup, personally took charge of the devices, and set them up at various voting stations around the city of Ramadi. I played a direct role in forcing thousands of innocent Iraqis to submit themselves to any radiation dangers which are now or will be proven to result from the scanners. For this, I am sorry.

I now believe that the deployment of Backscatters in Iraq was nothing less than a field test of the devices in anticipation of their use in U.S. airports. If this proves true it begs the question: Are we insane? The same untested devices we forced on the Iraqis are now being used in our airports? And we're all just fine with it? People just walk through airports with their headphones on, looking down at the ground, oblivious to the TSA assuming control of their liberties. I'm sorry for my part in getting us here. I promise I will make amends.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I feel as though I owe the world an apology.

No apology needed here friend. You were doing your job. If you didn't do it someone else would have. Relax it is not the end of the world.

You yourself cannot take the blame. The truth is it was probably planned for decades.

Go for a nice walk at the lake or something. I am going camping next week. I need the break.

It will get better. I do not fly. If everyone would do the same, without the excuses, things would change. You cannot and are not responsible.

I forgot S&F
Keep your chin up.

Liejunkie out.
edit on 29-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: S&F

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Way to go killer.

I dont fly so I am not worried about getting 10 standard x-rays worth of juice from a walk through scanner.

Nor should you, though in years to come there may be people dying with cancerous skin lesions, maybe someones disease may be killed by your scanners, therefore your'e saving 1 person.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Send my check in the mail asap!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

how do they work please

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why not use racial selection in airports. A mother with a child is hardly likely to be a terrorist is she?

Whilst a lone islamic male is fits the criteria...

Send them in the X-rays.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
just curious on how you plan to make amends
also i dont accept your apology killer

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darbur
just curious on how you plan to make amends
also i dont accept your apology killer

You dont accept his apology?

Who the hell do you think you are? Your a nobody...

Dude, ignore this douche and carry on your thread.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

says the narrow minded little man that thinks only lone arab looking men should be sent through the xray scanners. just because someone says sorry dosent mean you have to accept it

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darbur

You're not the only one. I'm sure the families of those I killed in Iraq share a similar sentiment towards me. I have a lot of work to do. I have a lot more apologies to make. I have to figure out who I am before I can help any one else I think.
edit on 29-5-2011 by ZeroReady because: typo

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I commend you for making this post. I can not forgive as you have not committed harm to me, but i suggest trying to bring down the system to the best of your ability.

Making this post alone has awoken some people to the things that take place, which is a step in the right direction.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I feel you. I've seen some shady things in the course of my career. Just remember you aren't the problem

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Leave the guy alone,
He may be a killer but so what!?

We're all killers. We all pay taxes that go to our governments to fund wars.
If we didn't pay taxes people like him would be out of work.
So really, we funded him. We helped him and if it wasn't for us he wouldn't have been responsible.

Don't give me that BS about how we HAVE to pay taxes.
If we ALL stopped paying taxes and we all stopped serving the governments, what would they do about it really?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

You are half right. We shouldn't and do not have to pay taxes to a corrupt and unrepresentative government. However our tax money really only goes to paying the interest on the bogus national debt. They get their war money from the crooked fed, who are responsible for the idiotic idea of the national debt themselves.

As for you, OP, don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. You may not have known then what you do now. You are making amends by the actions you take now that you know.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Just remember, when you pull up at the petrol station, you're practically filling your car with blood. When you buy products that are "Made in China" you’re helping to force people to live in nightmarish conditions, some of who die because of it. When you buy chocolate you’re supporting virtual slavery...

Will the innocent please stand.
...Anybody..?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Way to go killer.

I dont fly so I am not worried about getting 10 standard x-rays worth of juice from a walk through scanner.

Nor should you, though in years to come there may be people dying with cancerous skin lesions, maybe someones disease may be killed by your scanners, therefore your'e saving 1 person.

Until you need to walk throught them to vote, for a governmetn office to pick up some unemployment money, for border checks, for well keep going

It never affects you, until it does.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I do not either

he player a role in these things coming to america

ignorance is no excuse

ignorance would not save my ass from breaking a law

disgusting

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

and nice insults to others for not agreeing with you

shows just how ignorant you are

pathetic and sad

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do applaud the OP's courage and bravery
for the confession.

I being a Christian forgive you for
your misdeeds just as God forgives
me of mine.

As the Bible tells me forgiveness can only
be attained if it is requested with pure intent.

However, with forgiveness comes a call
to amend your future duties and correct
any wrongs.

We as a species are fighting an evil.
That evil lurks in the heart and minds
of evil men. You can only fight the
enemy on the outside by fighting
the enemy on the inside first.
Now there is more work to be done.
Many blessings and best wishes.

boon

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper
reply to post by darbur

Just remember, when you pull up at the petrol station, you're practically filling your car with blood. When you buy products that are "Made in China" you’re helping to force people to live in nightmarish conditions, some of who die because of it. When you buy chocolate you’re supporting virtual slavery...

Will the innocent please stand.
...Anybody..?

I'm not condoning the practice of sweat shops. in fact, i'm completely against it, but the man with a family to feed will take any work he can get. if sweat shops are outlawed internationally, more people will go hungry. it is a sad truth that unfortunately has no solution at this time which wouldn't hurt a majority of the working force in the developing world.

Get off your high horse; pointing out the wrong doings of others is just an attempt to justify an ignorant existence. you are the foolish one to believe that you or anybody else is an innocent person. Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Acedia,Wrath, Envy, and Pride. All sin falls into one of these categories, which makes no single instance of wrong doing more sinful than the next. Because of this, nobody has the right to judge another person.

Phantomphilo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join