It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E - Coli Outbreak in Germany Spreads to UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by Suspiria
I always wash and peel the skin off cucumbers anyway. The skin can give you a bad tummy so whip it off.

Dangerous advice

Tell that to my OH, he ends up doubled up in agony every time he eats the skin.

Cucumber contains small patches that taste bitter. These portions contain the extremely toxic tetracyclic triterpenoids or cucurbitacins compound. Excessive consumption of this compound can cause even death.

Read more: www.brighthub.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

I believe you, but in the context of this thread its dangerous. These cucumbers are more dangerous what are talking about.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Serious issue was the reason I created this thread. Mother wasn´t the source of the information she had seen it on her local news, BBC West. As for the title, if it didn´t stand out for what it was then we wouldn´t get a debate going on the issue. Lets hope infected people get better and the virus under control.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

Fox News is running major headlines on this story;"A massive E. coli outbreak across eight European countries has killed at least 16 and left another 1,150 sick"
www.foxnews.com...

I clicked over to some Euro news sites and it's quiet. Nary a single headliner.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
On the news here in Germany that it´s not Cucumber from Spain causing this outbreak.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

So as I said in my original post "is this a simple hygine issue or something else?"

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So has ecoli spread to the UK en masse or not?

I have just read through this posting and watched the BBC news, (I know don't laugh, but they might say something of use sometimes) and I have seen no evidence of such.

<< 1   >>

join