It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Well, I'm not sure about the nudist camps! lol. But I do think if they could see that in other societies, men are around women with exposed hair, tweezed eyebrows, wearing shorts and tee shirts, and are able to CONTROL themselves, lol, they might eventually get the picture. If they should experience some chemistry, then they want to ask her for a date! If they are rejected, then move on to the next.

It's not that big a deal. What's normal for us, seems a monumental leap for those guys.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree it is disgusting how they treat women there because of a belief system set in place so long ago. This reminds me of a movie i saw once based on a true story called 'not without my daughter' with sally field and alfred molina who as an American woman married to an Arab man visit his country only to have her life ripped from under her, driving her to escape with her daughter under very dire circumstances.

I think also that these Men with such fears of Women also has much to do with their fear of Western Culture. They see how free we are here, and how independant Women are at sustaining without the help of a Man and it scares them to death. These men are Narcissistic and controlling. They are truly mad.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by DuneKnight

Well, I'm not sure about the nudist camps! lol. But I do think if they could see that in other societies, men are around women with exposed hair, tweezed eyebrows, wearing shorts and tee shirts, and are able to CONTROL themselves, lol, they might eventually get the picture. If they should experience some chemistry, then they want to ask her for a date! If they are rejected, then move on to the next.

It's not that big a deal. What's normal for us, seems a monumental leap for those guys.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The saudi women should start a facebook campaign "Driving into the Saudi men with whips"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I agree it is disgusting how they treat women there because of a belief system set in place so long ago. This reminds me of a movie i saw once based on a true story called 'not without my daughter' with sally field and alfred molina who as an American woman married to an Arab man visit his country only to have her life ripped from under her, driving her to escape with her daughter under very dire circumstances.

I have also seen that movie as well. It's amazing, if that's true how much men under Islamic rule can change once they are married. To be honest, that doesn't suprise me the fact they whip their wives sadly. I heard Islam was a brutal religion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The women have to keep fighting for their rights. It is the only way. They have to be willing to give up everything and maybe even die for their rights. They have to bring in outside world support. Whatever it takes.

Unfortunately - - too many women support the cultural/religious position of man. Many believe women are wrong for wanting their freedom.

Ever read the history of Women's Suffrage in America? Those women were jailed - children taken from them - beaten - force fed - etc.

The women who are willing to fight for their freedom - - - just have to keep the pressure on.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is a big problem with authoritative control by head of the family - - - over younger men who are OK with women having more freedom.

Men who allow their women too much freedom can be subjected to family pressure and even punishment themselves.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's utterly disgusting, why can't people like that see that we are equal in every way?

sigh... a lot of us need to do some serious growing up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wana whip my woman too after she drove my car and got it all messy

She even scratched it.

Ya got to love them.

Arabs are so backwards. I say we arm the women in Saudi and Pakistan, soon all our problems will quickly disappear lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They need Xeena to go and smarten their arses up!

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I wana whip my woman too after she drove my car and got it all messy

She even scratched it.

Ya got to love them.

Arabs are so backwards. I say we arm the women in Saudi and Pakistan, soon all our problems will quickly disappear lol.

edit on 27-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

S%F

y'know back in the late 50's/early 60's [here in PR] there was a group called "los commandos"
that went around knifing women in the @ss

for the temerity of wearing pants [trousers]

one of my great-aunts was one of their victims

well, long story short, the local authorities came down them with their hobnailed boots on.

their leader [i forget the day i 1st heard his name*] was a heavy-weight boxer and all around tough-guy, but the families of most of the victims got together pooled some funds and with a few judicious bribes arranged for a special supplement to be added to his food while in prison.

when he was released he looked like he'd been a survivor of Auschwitz and was promptly lynched by the aforementioned families.

one would like to suggest that saudi women should invest in south-african anti carjacking systems
[flame throwers under car]

sigh!!! and writing to your congress critter with a copy of this story probably won't help much either.

perhaps some aspiring "terrist' could 'liberate" some bio-weapon designed to sterilize saudi males and bomb the sauds house...

what am i saying!!! terrorists only attack civilians!
and are certainly not gonna kill mone of their golden gooses

sorry burn

but keep up the good work

we need to be reminded of this extreme psychopathy now and then
who knows

we might wind up going to war with the house of saud some day and these little bits of info will have a positive effect then.

S A H A R A S I A

The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse,
Sex-repression, Warfare and Social Violence,
In the Deserts of the Old World

Evidence for a Worldwide,
Climate-Linked Geographical Pattern
in Human Behavior

James DeMeo, Ph.D.

An early period of generally peaceful social conditions is documented in prehistory, but with a major shift towards patriarchal-authoritarian and decidedly violent social conditions across the Saharasian region after a major climate-shift from wet grassland-forest conditions towards harsh desert conditions at c.5000-4000 BC. Major epochs of cultural diffusion are also presented on maps, showing how violent patriarchal authoritarian, sex-repressive and child-abusive behaviors were carried outward from their Saharasian origins to nearly every corner of the globe. It presents previously-unknown geographical patterns in dozens of different human behaviors, beliefs and social institutions representative of human violence and warlike aggression, such as slavery, castes, genital mutilations and a low women's status. The findings have been praised by many, published in scientific journals and magazines, cited repeatedly, but in largest measure have been willfully censored out of the discussion by most within the editorial power-circles of modern academics and mainstream journalism, which continues to embrace the flawed and disproven theories of "violent genes" or other "original sin" concepts. None of those theories, nor anything like them, can stand in the face of the new evidence presented in Prof. DeMeo's Saharasia.

* Ancient Egyptian curse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinallyMe
I agree...Women shouldn't be allowed to drive...They are horrible drivers.....Whenever I rage while driving, there's always a woman in the other vehicle.

Piss off. I am a woman and I race cars, I guarantee you I drive better than you, and I'd be willing to back that claim up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bloody disgaceful!
They should whip the (arab) men all the time, they are crap drivers

However, when i see women in Europe needing 1 1/2 acres and 25 minutes to park their car, i think some kind of reprimand should be handed out-nothing physical of course
but maybe 1 hour compulsory parking practise at a nearby airfield with some rubber cars

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

What is it about these Muslim countries????????
It just goes to show how primative and backward thinking that part of the world really is.
Yet western countries wont say a word in disgust about Saudi arabia as we want their oil. This world is sick

YEAH! we should bomb them all back to the STONE_AGE,,,!!

but That, would only set them back, about, 3 weeks,,,

edit on 5/27/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Some of the comments here from the male members are disappointing, alot of you don't realize that this is one of the many reasons why we will NEVER achieve world peace.

If you cannot treat your own mates/life partner with respect how can you give respect to others who think differently than you.

I have more respect for a man who isn't afraid to have a strong independant women by his side, because we all know that if women prosper the whole country prospers.

It pains me greatly to see that people/men don't see this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

LOL!!!

i once made a joke about women drivers while my step mom was driving

she put the pedal to the metal and showed me a few tricks one would expect from a professional stunt driver

with a 180 degree turn and full stop
and raised her eyebrow at me questioningly

my reply?

"i stand corrected"

the one time my dad smacked her she just looked at him and said:

fine honey, you win this one
next time... well you have to go to sleep sometime...

and my dad knew fear.

edit on 27-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

the one time my dad smacked her

Your dad *smacked* your mother?

OMG, my dad NEVER smacked my mother, and he was ... wait for it ... a MUSLIM. As was my mother.
And I am a muslim, and I never smacked my wife.
In fact, if the moment would come for me to *smack* her - that would be the END of the marriage, because I cannot be with a wife who would bring me to THAT point to smack her. And vice versa (wrote it before the feminist wolves jump in to *smack* me).

Imagine that.

As for the situation in Saudi Arabia and not allowing women to drive - it is based nowhere, especially not in Islam. They are interpreting the sharia in a way that suits them.
But then again, the whole saudi royal gang is a bunch of abusers who do NOT uphold the sharia - if they indeed did that, they would start by ABOLISHING monarchy, since that is FORBIDDEN in islam.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

edit on 27-5-2011 by boredsilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

my step-mother

dad [may he rot in pieces] used to claim he was...

wait for it

a Buddhist

Siddhartha himself would have smacked my dad if he'd met him on the road

and i'm 100% with you there

if it gets to the point were your just about to smack her/him one the relationship isn't going anywhere
and should be terminated

seem to recall that the Koran states that "thou shall woman for the mother that bore you is a woman"

or words to that effect

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly
Of course there's no way a jew created this facebook page to further the spread of hatred towards arabs ... Of course not, silly me what was I thinking ...

WOW, you just did more damage to the Mulsim cause than anyone else could have. And I doubt anyone needs to fake a facebook page to create anymore hatred towards arabs than the arabs already do for themselves, in EVERY country they live in.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
is this 2011!?!?
or did i travel back in time

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join