It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher says world will actually end in Oct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Harold Camping, not happy with his SECOND failed prediction has come back again with another prophesy, saying he was off by 5 months and the world is going to end on the 21st October, I mean seriously does this guy ever give up?

Source

Camping, who made a special appearance before the press at the Oakland headquarters of the media empire yesterday evening, apologized for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have." Through chatting with a friend over what he acknowledged was a very difficult weekend, the light dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to the heavens, May 21 had instead been a "spiritual" Judgment Day, which places the entire world under Christ's judgment, he said.

The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. But because God's judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there's no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21.

"We've always said May 21 was the day, but we didn't understand altogether the spiritual meaning," he said. "The fact is there is only one kind of people who will ascend into heaven ... if God has saved them they're going to be caught up.

Does this guy never learn? yet more fear mongering by a religious nut case

Camping's hands shook slightly as he pinned his microphone to his lapel, and as he clutched a worn Bible he spoke in a quivery monotone about some listeners' earthly concerns after giving away possessions in expectation of the Rapture.

Family Radio would never tell anyone what they should do with their belongings, and those who had fewer would cope, Camping said.

"We're not in the business of financial advice," he said. "We're in the business of telling people there's someone who you can maybe talk to, maybe pray to, and that's God."

But he also said that he wouldn't give away all his possessions ahead of Oct 21. "I still have to live in a house, I still have to drive a car," he said. "What would be the value of that? If it is Judgment Day why would I give it away?"

Damn right they are not in the business of financial advice, they are in the business of scaring people into donating so they can spread the "Good News" bunch of bloody con artists the lot of them, should be locked up

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah sorry guys... eh false alarm I miscalculated the rapture for the umpteenth time... no reason to panic just keep signing those checks the world will end soon...

When will this guy stop being so arrogant and realize he cannot predict what god only knows....

edit on 24-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
His original prophecy was that the Rapture would begin on May 21st and continue until October 21st, when the world would be destroyed. The date itself isn't anything new; he's just saying that it will happen all at once on 10/21/2011, rather that occurring gradually over a 5-month period.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Harold Camping does not have any knowledge about the Bible. The Bible is straight and it cost at least another 1000 & 40 years untill Earth will be destroyed. The only thing what Harold would do, is attention, so everybody should still know him when he would die.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey, a good, repeatable, money making scam is hard to find! It's far easier to find gullible people willing to part with their money in exchange for salvation! Isn't that what the televangelists and megachurch operators do every Sunday? And how about the Catholic Church? How do you think the Pope, Cardinals, and Bishops can afford to wear gold threads and drink out of golden chalices all the time, huh?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh no, here we go again

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Everyone who bases his predictions on a corrupted book will always FAIL.

FAIL
FAIL
FAIL

"Jesuuuuusssss said so and so" - Did he now? He most probably didn't. Some dude, who lied and wrote in the name of a disciple of Jesus might have said that Jesus said. But not Jesus.

As long as you can not know which parts of that book are genuine revelation and which are writings of men (liars, deceivers) you can never attempt to predict anything.

For 1400 years we are telling you this, and you were laughing at us.

Who's laughing now?

So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn! - Qur'an 2:79

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Seriously? How can anyone take this guy seriously anymore? Look at what his "oops" moment led to....

news.yahoo.com...

A California woman named Lyn Benedetto was one of millions who heard Camping's message, and became concerned that her daughters would suffer terribly in the coming apocalypse. She allegedly forced her daughters, 11 and 14, to lie on a bed and then cut their throats with a box cutter. She then tried to kill herself, though police arrested Benedetto and all three survived.

Others were not so lucky. An elderly man in Taiwan reportedly killed himself on May 5 ahead of the Rapture by jumping out of a building. He had heard that doomsday was imminent, and had taken recent earthquakes and tsunamis as early warning signs.

There were other unconfirmed reports of doomsday-related suicides around the world as well.

Not to mention the fanatics that sold all their stuff and now have nothing......

Can people really not remember a few years back?

This is of course not the first time that failed doomsday predictions have led to tragedy. The most famous pre-apocalypse suicides in recent times occurred in 1997 when the Heaven’s Gate Christian UFO group came to believe that the comet Hale-Bopp was a sign that Jesus was returning, and the world would end soon. Prompted in part by scripture, rumors, and late-night radio talk shows, the group's fanaticism led to nearly 40 deaths.

If people start killing themselves and selling everything they have like they did this time, I will laugh 10 times harder than I just did.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Camping and all those who predict based on the Bible:

And among them are unlettered ones who do not know the Scripture except in wishful thinking, but they are only assuming. Qur'an, 2:78

Therefore:

And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me. - Qur'an, 2:41

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
When will this guy stop being so arrogant and realize he cannot predict what god only knows....

edit on 24-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

I think he already realised that .. before his first 'prediction' .. i use the term prediction, loosely ..
I doubt he was ever under any misconception himself, to actually believe what he was telling others to believe

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
People are a bit too confident about the Gregorian calendar lol.
Too many change over the years, so its highly unlikely to predict anything from old scriptures.

Anyway so far i've never seen any prophet.
We should debate about the, so called, prophet not about having to prepare for a prophecy.
And that doesnt look pretty at all concerning mr Camping.
Why in the first place he didnt back himself up?
no sorry, why in the second place.. and counting .

edit on 24-5-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I think someone talked to the preacher about approaching sky objects. People will be pretty scared by October 21. There will be fewer people laughing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This guy is pissing me off and the fact that the news and everyone else is all about it scares me. He is FULL of poo and had to take a day to back pedal his lie so now he has a new date?! He must read ATS

They are promoting a cult figure! Yes to me he is a cult and his followers are cultist. It's sick and scary! People used their life savings, sold their homes and so on because of his bogus "prediction." He is no false prophet he is a liar and a scammer! He should be arrested imo. What he is doing is completely wrong on so many levels and I am sick of the news promoting it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The "little people" (like me) should carry on pretty much as usual. Any unusual sky objects coming our way might harmlessly pass by. For precautions sake I will store water and food, which I can use anyway.

Not wise to spend one's life savings. Very tragic to plan for suicide or such. Don't do it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread.

Apocalpse preacher now saying October 21

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join