It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban leader Mullah Omar killed in Pakistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If he is indeed dead. They killed him to prevent the mass offensive he would, have begun planning with Bin Laden's death. He would not have done this because of Bin Laden's death. Merely he has been waiting for the time where Bin Laden no longer was present. Also I see a number of people generalizing the Taliban. There is both the Afghan, the more prominent one. An the Pakistan Taliban. The Pakistan Taliban claimed responsibility for the attacks in Pakistan and havent been under Omar's leadership. Wouldn't be surprised if Omar's death is confirmed. That a Pakistan Taliban leader suddenly rises to prominence. Thus overshadowing the former Afghan Taliban threat.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Amdusias because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Why would the story of him being killed be fabricated?

They might be trying to locate him. If they say that they killed him, it might get people scurrying around trying to verify whether that is true or not. Someone might be induced to lead them to him.

If the NSA is really on top of the Pakistanis an announcement like that might be very revealing.

The Chinese provenance of this story makes me think it might be true, or that it might be the Pakistani government's way of taking US heat off of Mullah Omar. There is no lower profile than "fake dead". These sorts of people probably put out their death notices twice a month as a matter of routine security.

As a matter of fact, a US drone strike is the perfect opportunity for the ISI to send a box of cigars over to the US embassy with congratulations on the elimination of Mullah Omar, while they arrange to secretly move him to a suburb of somewhere like Abottabad to lay low.
edit on 23-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"We will not back down from any movement of these terrorists, we will follow them and kill them wherever they go" G.W. Bush.

Did we get permission for this? I keep hearing that Pakistan is calling these 2 raid's that we did a violation of a treaty we have? The prime minister of Pakistan even went on to say that they are treating our covert mission in the country as terrorism. The prime minister of Pakistan is trying to push onto the people of Pakistan that the US is fighting terrorism with terrorism. I love my country and will die for it. But isn't it necessary to gain support of the country's we invade to kill terrorist leaders?. Just a thought to keep in mind.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wasn't he killed like 7 times already? Or was that Ramsey Al Kaboom?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Real question is what if al-qaeda moves to China or Russia, what will we do then?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looks like the CIA is having a liquidation sale on turbans this month.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Real question is what if al-qaeda moves to China or Russia, what will we do then?

I dont believe that will happen. For reasons that should be quite obvious. I couldn't find any confirmed reports from Pakistan about his death. I found that easy to believe given he isnt in hiding over there. He is very much in Afghanistan. The mans a ghost in comparison to OBL. I doubt Pakistan would ever hand him over let alone reveal his possible location. Doesn't serve their nations interest to hand over the leader of the one organization keeping US/international forces bearing down on their country.

Not to say their aren't international forces in Pakistan to an extent. At least the ISI are aware of these.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner

From U.S Command to Russian command? lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is a BBC report: Monday, 27 October 2008

A suspected US missile strike has killed 20 people, including a top Taleban commander, in north-west Pakistan, witnesses and officials say.

Mohammad Omar was among the dead when the missile, reportedly fired by a pilotless US drone, hit a compound owned by him in South Waziristan. Omar fought with the Taleban in Afghanistan in the late 1990s.

The US has launched many missile strikes from Afghanistan against suspected militant targets recently.

The latest strike on Sunday night was launched at a compound owned by Mohammad Omar in Mandatta village in the troubled region of South Waziristan.

Mohammad Omar was a close associate of the dead Taleban commander Nek Mohammed, who was killed in a suspected US strike in the area four years ago.

Witnesses said that the missile strike completely destroyed Mohammed Omar's house, and partially damaged two neighbouring houses.

All for reelection for Obamasama. This just lends credit to the false stories of the OBL raid and his having supposedly been killed May 2, 2011

edit on 23-5-2011 by C21H30O2I because: ETA There are reports later in october 2008 that this could be the wrong omar

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Things are beginning to move pretty fast... Gonna be a few interesting days ahead for all involved and those on the sidelines. Things could get ugly real fast.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
WOW
Obamas ratings must be really flakey...
how many times have they killed this guy?

BBC Reports that Taliban leader Mullah Omar has been killed

infidelsarecool.com...
I'd like to seee the birth certificate to prove this guy
actually even existed
in the first place
edit on 23-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by Danbones because: link

From your link:

This is apparently not the Mohammed Omar, known better as Mullah Omar, the leader of the Afghan Taliban in exile. However, the strike did kill several Taliban operatives as they gathered for a meeting in South Waziristan.

Please try to keep the information clear...yes, some dude named mohammed omar died, bit like killing some guy named bob smith...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Times of India website has an embedded video report on the "death" of Mullah Omar, which they are interpreting as an attempt by Pakistan to get back into the good graces of the US. A couple of interesting angles are discussed in the video:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

There is speculation as to whether Omar was shot or was led into an area where the US drone attack would get him.

If you enter the terms, beijing islamabad, into the Times of India's website search engine, a number of interesting articles come up, outling the relationship of those two countries. China comes across as much less bellicose than Webster Tarpley indicates. I looked, but I must have missed the part where China issued an ultimatum to the US.

There is a wikileaks inspired article about Pakistan training Uighur rebels for action in China though. I predict budget cutbacks for the Uighur training program in the current situation.

Pakistan and China are very cosy, but China is too smart to be everything the Pakistanis might want her to be vis a vis the United States.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
CNN is still running with their story that it is being denied by the taliban and pakistan. They report he has been missing for 5 days

darn tootin

at some point I bet he realized the US might get info from the UBL raid, and it is not smart to stay in one place

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Devotees of Webster Tarpley, and I am one of them, should also keep in mind that the last war fought by Pakistan and China was against each other. Ooops, I meant India and China. Skip the previous thought and go directly to the punchline below, which I think is still basically true.

I doubt if the jugglers and prestidigitators at the State Department are overly worried about the new pakistani-chinese block.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh yay! Let's invade Pakistan for continuing to harbour terrorists!

(obvious sarcasm, for those who can't tell it when they see it)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My 2 cents on this story about this supreme-grand-master-overlord heading the Taliban....

The Afghan resistance thats fighting back the US/NATO troops are not some underground terrorist organisation that hates the freedom of the American people and wants to conquer the world... they are just everyday Afghans who are doing what anybody else would do when foriegn troops set foot on their soil... get pi$$ed and fight back.
Just as they did with Britain and Russia in previous centuries.

The Afghan resistance is most probably comprised of several losely organised factions.. some Taliban, some non-Taliban, but all of them Afghan (with the exception of some foriegn fighters who see this war as a religious duty).
Even if Omar is dead, that would'nt really do much to change the course of war.

edit on 23-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Who did it?

OBAMA did it..............that is why he went to have a beer in Ireland afterward.

You know, he is such a He Man GI Joe. He must be, he sends other people to die, so he must be willing to put himself in harms way. Right?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Russia and China hate us btw.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Love
edit on 23-5-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Being "caught" harboring yet another high level operative, so close after the last one puts Pakistan in a tricky spot. Or rather, Pakistan's would-be allies, since the US would have a reasonable plea to make to the UN and gloabl community about Pakistan's questionable guests. Even China would have to think twice about signing on for that. [/speculation]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join