It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Dam, that is sad. My brother was up all night helping, and he is still helping at the High School in Webb City, and they have events like Project Graduation planned this week. I don't know how that is going to work out. I'm sure Joplin won't be having the graduation as scheduled, their school is wiped out. Webb City can't go ahead as scheduled, their school is a shelter now for the homeless.

It is going to be many months before there is any semblance of normality, and probably decades before things are remotely "normal."

Keep up the good fight, we are praying for your coworkers and nurses. Hopefully they are just busy busy busy helping the wounded.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

These are the reports of the destruction of the town so far!

Between 25 to 30% of Joplin, Missouri suffered major or significant damage from the tornado, Mitch Randles from the Joplin Fire Department said during a news conference.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

You were correct on the number of houses they are saying about 2000 wow....

Nixon said there are also 2,000 buildings with "very significant damage."

edit on 23-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My friend's mother was inside Wal-Mart when the tornado hit. We just received news that she was dug out alive but his 10 year old sister is still missing. I don't know if she was with her mom in Wal-Mart but thus far, no one has seen or heard from her... This is all just so surreal.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

So sorry! We will pray for his daughter. Kids are resilient, hopefully she is in a shelter being taken care of.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What a path of destruction....reminds me of Greensburg, KS. My family was involved in the cleanup of that F5...you have really got to see the aftermath in person to really get a grip on what has occurred after an F4 or F5 has come through. My prayers are with all affected this season.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is so heartbreaking.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all affected.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.... but here is a live USTREAM radio feed with information and callers:

Click here for live Emergency USTREAM in Joplin
edit on 5/23/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2011 by dreams n chains because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.... but here is a live USTREAM radio feed with information and callers:

Click here for live Emergency USTREAM in Joplin
edit on 5/23/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2011 by dreams n chains because: spelling

Thank you for this!!!

I started listening and have cried a couple of times. It is so mixed with people looking for love ones, the station giving out information on how to get help and those calling in offering help. So amazing.

To everyone effected, my thoughts are with you.

OiO

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I went to sleep last night, as the weather here calmed. Got up at 8am, and just to see out of --skeptical-- curiosity what the big commercial radio powerhouses out of Chicago had to say if anything.
WGNam720 WLSam890
I found politics, local stuff, giggling, irrelevent news and lots and lots and lots of commercials of course. Just now at 1100am WBBMam780 "All News" radio began with a jewelry heist in downtown Chicago. And of course, NPR is somewhere else far away in distance and time.
But if you didn't know about these links in this thread here on ATS, you could not tell anything happened or that there is such a thing as Joplin Missouri.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I watched some video on the BBC website and this is truly heartbreaking for all affected.

My thoughts are with you all.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'll bet ya anything, I'd find --more-- news about Joplin on Al Jazeera, than I would these (above named) radio stations.
I went to Jasper County Law Enforcement Agencies Live Scanner Audio Feed at "radio reference" at it says it's down. Drat.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It is extremely heartbreaking what these people are going through. One of the DJs even lost everything himself. House, vehicles, clothes... so one of the listeners sent him a pair of socks to the station.

One family knowing one of their members were dead... apparently they found them.... but now need to know where the body was taken.

God bless and be with these fellow human beings and their loved ones (including pets). I wish them strength and assistance.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Going to be a horrible year for storms.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I went to sleep last night, as the weather here calmed. Got up at 8am, and just to see out of --skeptical-- curiosity what the big commercial radio powerhouses out of Chicago had to say if anything.
WGNam720 WLSam890
I found politics, local stuff, giggling, irrelevent news and lots and lots and lots of commercials of course. Just now at 1100am WBBMam780 "All News" radio began with a jewelry heist in downtown Chicago. And of course, NPR is somewhere else far away in distance and time.
But if you didn't know about these links in this thread here on ATS, you could not tell anything happened or that there is such a thing as Joplin Missouri.

It's been all over the weather channel. CNN was live all the way last night covering it, and it's the top story on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and the networks this morning.

Just because Chicago doesn't care, doesn't mean the rest of the country doesn't.
edit on 5/23/2011 by loki41872 because: (no reason given)

link   
Alex Jones' InfoWars has a short newsclip re. Joplin, an AP story, that President Obama has been kept informed of the horror, and called the Govenor.
www.infowars.com...

link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Actually a very large twister is similar to a hurricane. You hear debris- then the front side winds- the the core (quieter) then the backside winds -then debris then usually rain.

That's why the 'pause' in the noise.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

A lot of radio stations are owned by Clearchannel and one or two other mega media outlets. The 'dj's that are on them are not even local and they are not allowed by the corporations to deviate from pre-programming. They are advertiser oriented only and to hell with whatever local population is in the area.

Boycott every Clearchannel or non-local radio outlet. I have for years.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
reply to post by simone50m

A lot of radio stations are owned by Clearchannel and one or two other mega media outlets. The 'dj's that are on them are not even local and they are not allowed by the corporations to deviate from pre-programming. They are advertiser oriented only and to hell with whatever local population is in the area.

Yeah, I know that about those Corporates. See everyone, this is who the corporates are and what they are about. Their politically agendized and profits based policy of a focused adherence would stick, EVEN if an approching PlanetX Nibiru was causing the whole entire world to end. Thats the corporates. And lets not forget the inane giggling and commercials! Of course.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know why the weather channel was already there? Did they know this could happen or something? Thanks

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Saw a news reporter on the television this morning who had to stop reporting because he couldn't contain his own emotion. He reported that they heard people screaming from beneath mounds of debris, but had to abandon any rescue efforts as a 2nd storm cell was passing through. This is really a tragedy.
I've seen the power of these storms, and I hope everyone fighting through the next wave will pull through okay.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join