It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom is brainwashed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OP, take no offense. You have a place in this world with us. My ability to speak eloquently is remiss here, as evident of poster's supposition that I cannot. In terms of communication on an equal playing field, I was opinionating the point of some of us walking into a room and discussing some of these events with the pre-adult membership. I propose in general, we would not if we knew your ages. On any regular basis, do and adult members address any of the "teen" columns or websites as an adult? Why not?

Personally I also surmise any in-depth 2-way conversations of any substance, would be one-sided with those too young to comprehend most ot the subjects discussed here, and why even they are valid concerns to be addressed in the 1st place. Without having gone through and experienced most of realities of these conspiracies, world-events and issues...and without a real life-experience in these matters, Im stating that most conversations are, and would be, very one-sided on that alone. We would not initiate any of these with the younger crowd if we knew ages.

Should we not address these issues? Of course we should. Should we not respect your albeit limited yet insightful comprehension of say 911 when you were only 3 or 4 and didnt know how it affected us at the time and only when you read about it? Certainly youy have some ideas from parents and teachers...maybe. Perhaps...to a degree...and hence...my point.

At 13-14 years of age I was well read, versed and independent in my thinking whether it was Kerouc, Nitzse, Ferlingetti, Aristole or Cayce...but at least I understood I had little yet to add to that "adult-world" of the Kennedy MLKing assassinations and Vietnam.

There werent many "adults" who would have knowlingly sat down to expound on any of that or any other universal ideologies or conspiracies knowing I was that young...at that time...and could not have had any practical, actual or substantial opinions based on life experiences...yet. So..therein...is my...point.

I would like to give credit to all of you young-adults here that contribute, and I was addressing only the position that most of us adults probably would not voluntarily sit at the "kiddies-or-teen" tables at the next Holiday family dinner. Or whould we? Have they? And at the next Christmas or Hannuka...are they...planning to...sit there?
Why not?

Adult members of ATS? Which teen websites and forums do you belong to and contribute to? You dont. Because they are for and about teens,...thats all. And that affirms and confirms my point. And to the younger contributors and members here? Keep em coming. The future is yours, and...certainly not ours. And I only wish we had sites like this back then where intelligent contributors of all ages were respected for their opinions. Even if they had no experience....where here, you are.

OP? Give Mom some time...it may never come...but you may still be surprised. We are all...never too old to learn something new........

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

My whole family is the same way. I try to explain to them how they acquire knowledge (senses, authority, reason, intuition) and they just go stupid. Be thankful you are in "hell" and let the others stay where they are. If you were to have any luck with opening their minds it would be in very small baby steps. I like to think instead of telling people what is going on it is best to explain epistemology to them and them let them make their own decisions. Thank you

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You both try to fight eachother because you believe different things. She chooses not to believe your theories and you choose not to read your bible. But when she doesn't believe the same way you do, you criticize her and call her a sheep... Yeah, you're definitely a Christian -.-'

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Your mum sounds just fine. I think you're overreacting, personally.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
Hello everyone, i need your help.

I am sick of this, my mom is such an brainwashed sheep. she believes almost everything what the government says.

tonight my mom was watching the movie '2012' and she is taking the movie way to serious!
Unbelievable, i don't now how to say this but its so freaking annoying!

Shes a baptized christian, i am a Christian to, but shes so.. ahh!! stop it!
Shes like, when we were watching the movie 2012, she makes those stupid comments like, ''the world will not know what to do that day!, Mhuahaha!'' well i am not the best really not the best in explaining stuff

When i am trying to explain her about 9/11, project blue beam, Ufo's, aliens, shes like get of that pc and read your Bible more!

You guys may seem this as a joke, and i now its kinda funny, but how can i explain it her the right way?

You sound brainwashed as well. I believe that there is life outside of humanity. I believe in ghosts. I believe most ufo sighings are simply misunderstood terrestrial aircraft, everyday objects or outright hoaxes. A few are not explainable. I'm sure at some point some alien ship has given us a once over. I also believe in God.

No offense what proof do you have that 911 was a conspiracy perpetuated by the US govt? There isn't any proof. Bluebeam? UFOs? Aliens? Nobody here has any proof. Just evidence. Much of it poor. What on earth makes your nonsense any better than hers? It doesn't. She can't prove Christianity is anymore legitimate than you can prove the government is meeting with Aliens in Roswell.

Believe what you want but right or wrong but you can't prove your correct to her. Or yourself. And neither can she. So what's the point?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
brother why are you banned lol, u tried so hard to get into the chat, all those comments hahaha
i feel sorry lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You both have your set beliefs.

She believes in Christianity, you believe in conspiracy theories.
There's a reason they're called theories, mainly because there isn't enough solid evidence to prove that they are real and are happening.

Just saying. Let her live her life, she's the mother and if she isn't willing to listen, then so be it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hapheme

I agree with this, you need to lay off some of this conspiracy, alot of them are just theories.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Bonkeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
Hello everyone, i need your help.

I am sick of this, my mom is such an brainwashed sheep. she believes almost everything what the government says.

tonight my mom was watching the movie '2012' and she is taking the movie way to serious!
Unbelievable, i don't now how to say this but its so freaking annoying!

Shes a baptized christian, i am a Christian to, but shes so.. ahh!! stop it!
Shes like, when we were watching the movie 2012, she makes those stupid comments like, ''the world will not know what to do that day!, Mhuahaha!'' well i am not the best really not the best in explaining stuff

When i am trying to explain her about 9/11, project blue beam, Ufo's, aliens, shes like get of that pc and read your Bible more!

You guys may seem this as a joke, and i now its kinda funny, but how can i explain it her the right way?

I thought my parents were brainwashed. Then I turned 23.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
my mom is the same, narrow minded, ignorant and believe EVERYTHING what the TV says to her.

edit on 20-11-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join