It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principal under fire after student he hypnotized commits suicide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Principal under fire after student he hypnotized commits suicide.

www.nydailynews.com

A high school principal in Florida was placed on leave after one of his students committed suicide the day after the principal hypnotized him.

George Kenney, principal at North Port High in Sarasota, Fla., often hypnotized students to help ease stress, focus on school and improve sports performance, current and former students said.

But the extra-curricular mind control came under scrutiny after Kenney admitted that he had hypnotized Wesley McKinley, 16, one day before the boy killed himself.McKinley was found dead in an abandoned house of a suspected drug overdose on April 8.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I do not believe students should be getting
hypnotized by their school principals.

I find it very odd that this kid is found dead in some
abandon house a day after this quack principal does
a little social experiment on him.

I hope this guy is fired and not allowed to practice
hypnotizing on students.

Is there some type of licensing you need to hypnotize?

Students should never be the guinea pigs
of some crazy quack hypnosis experiments.

Maybe this guy brought back some past regressions, or some
things this kid did not want to remember like sexual molestation.

Maybe Abused as a child.

Or the principal could of hypnotized him to one night go kill himself...

Without the kid even knowing he was going to kill himself.
Until the time.

Not good at all..

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I find it very odd that this kid is found dead in some abandon house a day after this quack principal does a little social experiment on him.

"Quack principal".......LOL

This story is whacked out. What the hell was a principal doing hypnotizing students? This is almost unbelievable!

There are many questions, though, that would have to be answered. For one thing, how can anyone be sure the kid was really hypnotized? There is no way they can know if the principal was really successful at doing this. Plus, was the kid using any drugs previous to the suicide and what kind of drugs were they? There are many things that could cause a person to commit suicide.

If the teacher was hypnotizing the child to do things totally unrelated to suicide, how can the teacher be blamed for the suicide? Of course, I'm not saying the teacher isn't a freak for hypnotizing the child in the first place, I'm just trying to look at this thing realistically.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It was done with the parents consent.

I see as much of a linkage as if it was known he ate eggs for breakfast. Would we be trying to blame the consumption of eggs for his death?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

School personnel hypnotizing kids isn't all that new. It happens at liberal left-wing colleges all the time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Students said that Kenney, a licensed hypnotherapist and author, had been hypnotizing kids for years, offering group demonstrations in class and one-on-one sessions.

mind control no guided meditation yes. much less harmful than handing out prescriptions. maybe instead of blaming the principal they should go after the drug dealers and counsel the students there to try and get a handle on the DRUG problem

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Article also says the principal was licensed to do this, as well has written books about the subject.

Seems to me he was simply trying to help troubled students, it was only a matter of time before a "troubled" student would of eventually committed suicide.

Any therapist or psychologist will tell you they have to deal with patients suicides all the time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't think the principal had anything to do with it. I undergo hypnosis myself as a form of relaxation, and it has nothing but positive effects. Anything negative said to you during the deep theta, is discarded by your subconscious. Therefore, had the principal said the words "kill yourself" while the student was being hypnotized, the students subconscious would have discarded the suggestion.

Also, it isn't as if you are completely unconscious during a hypnosis either. At any time had the principal said anything to the student that would have caused an alarm, the student would have heard the principal consciously. I still can't see how this is any fault of the principals. All the man was doing was trying to help his students relax. I see a man who's helpful ways were put to use on the wrong person at the wrong time.

More investigation should be done than just pointing the finger at the first person they can. I am highly skeptical that the principals hypnosis session had anything to do with the child killing themselves. I believe that more investigation should be done into the students life, as I am almost certain it was a result of bullying or problems at home, and not a result of being hypnotized, as that is just dumb.

By the way, hypnotic regression, or the act of recalling memories through hypnosis, is NOT a simple thing to do, nor is it practiced by relaxation hypnotherapists. It takes a great deal of practice, skill, and a strong bond between hypnotist and the person being hypnotized. This would be like a therapist bond, someone you tell all your secrets to, NOT your high school principal.

People are going to see the hypnosis thing first and instantly assume it was something done by the principal, because people are stupid like that. They cling onto the first thing they hear and don't even bother to look into anything else. Regardless how farfetched it sounds to be hypnotized into killing yourself. Where has people's common sense gone?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

School personnel hypnotizing kids isn't all that new. It happens at liberal left-wing colleges all the time.

I think it should not be allowed, I would never give my kid permission
to be hypnotized by some weirdo.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is a license needed to do that. If he had one, then fine, if not, then he will be prosecuted.
Maybe the principle didn't know about the drugs, if he did hypnosis would/could have been effective...
As it stands hypnosis is only as effective as the patient allows it to be including what is disclosed to the hypnotist!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Yea good point im more interested in what type of drug he overdosed on, if it was prescription drugs i could see suicide depending on the type, but if it was some other drug like heroine or meth might have just been by accident. look at tons of celebs that died the same way.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
I don't think the principal had anything to do with it. I undergo hypnosis myself as a form of relaxation, and it has nothing but positive effects. Anything negative said to you during the deep theta, is discarded by your subconscious. Therefore, had the principal said the words "kill yourself" while the student was being hypnotized, the students subconscious would have discarded the suggestion.

Also, it isn't as if you are completely unconscious during a hypnosis either. At any time had the principal said anything to the student that would have caused an alarm, the student would have heard the principal consciously. I still can't see how this is any fault of the principals. All the man was doing was trying to help his students relax. I see a man who's helpful ways were put to use on the wrong person at the wrong time.

More investigation should be done than just pointing the finger at the first person they can. I am highly skeptical that the principals hypnosis session had anything to do with the child killing themselves. I believe that more investigation should be done into the students life, as I am almost certain it was a result of bullying or problems at home, and not a result of being hypnotized, as that is just dumb.

By the way, hypnotic regression, or the act of recalling memories through hypnosis, is NOT a simple thing to do, nor is it practiced by relaxation hypnotherapists. It takes a great deal of practice, skill, and a strong bond between hypnotist and the person being hypnotized. This would be like a therapist bond, someone you tell all your secrets to, NOT your high school principal.

People are going to see the hypnosis thing first and instantly assume it was something done by the principal, because people are stupid like that. They cling onto the first thing they hear and don't even bother to look into anything else. Regardless how farfetched it sounds to be hypnotized into killing yourself. Where has people's common sense gone?

How can you say that?

I do not buy that BS..

You disregard automatically if the hypnosis tells you to kill your self?
You only can remember the bunny rabbits and happy clouds?
You would not just forget bad stuff told to you during hypnosis.
That is why you should be VERY careful about who hypnotize you and your children folks.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Students said that Kenney, a licensed hypnotherapist and author, had been hypnotizing kids for years, offering group demonstrations in class and one-on-one sessions.

mind control no guided meditation yes. much less harmful than handing out prescriptions. maybe instead of blaming the principal they should go after the drug dealers and counsel the students there to try and get a handle on the DRUG problem
This is not about drugs. It IS about mind control.

Do you know anything about this principal?

I feel there are many disturbing aspects to this story. It happened on public dime in school, with a parent's permission. That is disturbng that any parent would allow a school official this type of unfettered access to their child's still developing mind. That entails a lot of trust, and quite frankly, I have to question the judgement of a parent that is that blindly trusting of really,a professional stranger.

Hypnotism IS a form of mind control, anything that trains the mind to respond to cues is a form of mind control. And hypnotism makes the subjects mind suggestive and more open to implantation of external ideas.

I support a full and thorough investigation into this matter, and hope the police are looking hard at the child's own parents as well, as to what supporting mental ealth services the parents had in addition to the hypnotism, to treat their child's mental health issues/problems.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

everything trains the mind to respond to ques. I do not know the principal in question no but the kid Over Dosed that is a drug problem.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by hotbakedtater

everything trains the mind to respond to ques. I do not know the principal in question no but the kid Over Dosed that is a drug problem.

What did he overdose on a 16 year old overdosed on heroin, meth, crack, coc aine???

You know you can have a drug overdose with 30 Tylenol!!!! That is not even prescription..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I deff don't think teachers should be hypnotizing anybody without written conscent or something, even then it shouldn't be done in schools. I'll admit, our soccer coach tried this with us to give us some more confidence on the field. Crazy stuff but yet we all sat there and did it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's okay, the law of retribution will be delivered onto this princiPAL for his mind games. Anyone who does evil deeds with their mind will receive the same evil back at them. Unless he did nothing wrong, which then he will be erased from any guilt.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
They say you can not hypnotise some one to commit suicide.
you dont.
you get them to think the can not be killed.
that they can fly. then try it out.
or the drug in the syringe will make them well!
its all in the wording.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Maybe they are doing it at the colleges. However that is different than at a public school playing around with minor school kids. Hypnosis is something that people tend to think of in terms of novelty. It really isn't totally understood and should be practiced at best in a clinical setting. I am so glad I don't have children in the school systems I would end up in jail the first week.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Hypnosis can be used for evil just as well as good.

I feel this may be some sort of social experiment coming
out of USF (university Florida) psychology department gone bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join