It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush? A Moron? no......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is a post that my cousin Via posted on our family website. She is Pro-Bush (obviously)....

The Hollywood group is at it again. Holding anti-war rallies, screaming about the Bush Administration, running ads in major newspapers, defaming the President and his Cabinet every chance they get with names like "stupid", "morons", and "idiots". Jessica Lange went so far as to tell a crowd in Spain that she hates President Bush and is embarrassed to be an American.

So, just how ignorant are these people who are running the country? Let's look at the biographies of these "stupid", "ignorant" , "moronic" leaders, and then at the celebrities who are castigating them:

President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard.

Vice President Dick Cheney: Earned a B. A. in 1965 and a M. A. in 1966, both in political science.

Secretary of State Colin Powell: Educated in the New York City public schools, graduating from the City College of New York (CCNY), where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in geology. His further academic achievements include a Master of Business Administration Degree from George Washington University. Secretary Powell is the recipient of numerous U. S. and foreign military awards and decorations.

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: Attended Princeton University on Scholarship (AB, 1954) and served in the U. S. Navy (1954-57) as a Naval aviator.

Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge: Raised in a working class family in veterans' public housing in Erie, he earned a scholarship to Harvard, graduating with honors in 1967. After his first year at The Dickinson School of Law, he was drafted into the U. S. Army, where he served as an infantry staff sergeant in Vietnam, earning the Bronze Star for Valor.

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice: Earned her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her Master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph. D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. (Note: Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15, graduating at 19 with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science (Cum Laude).

So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their experience?

Barbra Streisand: Completed high school. Career: Singing and acting

Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade. Career: Singing and acting

Martin Sheen: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton. Career: Acting

Jessica Lange: Dropped out of college mid-freshman year. Career: Acting

Alec Baldwin: Dropped out of George Washington. Career: Acting

Julia Roberts: Completed high school. Career: Acting

Sean Penn: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D. C. Career: Acting

Ed Asner: Completed High school. Career: Acting

George Clooney: Dropped out of University of Kentucky. Career: Acting

Michael Moore: Dropped out first year University of Michigan. Career: Movie Director

Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Mike Farrell: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Janeane Garofalo: Dropped out of College. Career: Stand up comedian

Larry Hagman: Attended Bard College for one year. Career: Acting

While comparing the education and experience of these two groups, we should also remember that President Bush and his cabinet are briefed daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our security. They are privy to information gathered around the world concerning the Middle East, the threats to America, the intentions of terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments. They are in constant communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations, our own military, and that of our allies around the world. We cannot simply believe that we have full knowledge of the threats because we watch CNN. We cannot believe that we are in any way as informed as our leaders.

These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no fact-finding groups, no insight into the minds of those who would destroy our coun try. The silence was deafening from the Left when Bill Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical factory outside of Khartoum, or when he attacked the Bosnian Serbs in 1995 and 1999. He bombed Serbia itself to get Slobodan Milosevic out of Kosovo, and not a single peace rally was held. When our Rangers were ambushed in Somalia and 18 young American lives were lost, not a peep was heard from Hollywood. Yet now, after our nation has been attacked on its own soil, after 3,000 Americans were killed by freedom-hating terrorists while going about their routine lives, they hold rallies against the war.

It is time for us, as citizens of the United States, to educate ourselves about the world around us. If future generations are going to enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers bequeathed us, if they are ever to know peace in their own country and their world, to live without fear of terrorism striking in their own cities, we must assure that this na tion remains strong. We must make certain that those who would destroy us are made aware of the severe consequences that will befall them.

Yes, it's a wonderful dream to sit down with dictators and terrorists and join hands, talking of world peace. But it is not real. We did not stop Adolf Hitler from taking over the entire continent of Europe by simply talking to him. We sent our best and brightest, and with strength and determination defeated the Nazi regime. President John F. Kennedy did not stop the Soviet ships from unloading their nuclear missiles in Cuba in 1962 with mere words. He stopped them with action and threat of immediate war. We did not end the Cold War with conferences. It ended because of the strong belief of President Ronald Reagan...PEACE through STRENGTH.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
different things...(copyright by Tyler 2003, all rights reserved) [inside joke off]

"President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard."

Yet, with all of this college, he continues to butcher the English language? Not to mention, there's some desertion issues there with the National Guard...(though they remain unconfirmed). I see your point though, and I should state I am for the war, but I still believe Bush is not the brightest tool in the shed. These others you mention however, are the rusty tools that you simply don't use...

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Bush may not be the best speaker in the world, but if you listen to what he says, you get the just of it. You can tell where he stands on what.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i know, i actually responded to her post by telling her to do a search on skull and bones, freemasonry, and illuminati, she lives in a comfort zone in utah, and has no clue who runs this counrty......she will probably freak out once she reads what she finds.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Gazrok, don't you think it is time to realize Tyler is an idiot.

I can run circles around tyler when it comes to politics and history, I've had no formal education in either. In fact I am probably one of the more politically knowledged and opinionated individuals here, yet I couldn't talk my way out of a paper bag.

Bush probably has a worse case of this than I do, with me, it is I think way more than I could ever speak, and so I lose coherency easily if I don't watch what I'm saying.

Bush probably has a mental disorder with speech, it does not make him an idiot.

However it does make Tyler an idiot to think that Bush is dumb because he can not talk well.

I was listening to the press conference today with him and Blair, and Bush said "...so please, keep it 1 question *short pause while thinking for words*, per uh question".

Now that of course was not the best way to say things, Blair by far talked more "intelligently" than Bush, but Bush's answers by far were more proper and were the more intelligent way to handle things.

Yes we must fight this war till it is done, it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Bush is not an idiot, he just has a speech problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It was a joke...

Tyler went off on someone for using what he called "his" phrase....

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
different things...(copyright by Tyler 2003, all rights reserved) [inside joke off]

"President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard."

Yet, with all of this college, he continues to butcher the English language? Not to mention, there's some desertion issues there with the National Guard...(though they remain unconfirmed). I see your point though, and I should state I am for the war, but I still believe Bush is not the brightest tool in the shed. These others you mention however, are the rusty tools that you simply don't use...

No, he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but that doesn't make him dumber than those surgically enhanced bimbos and director commanded morons from the entertainment capitol.

As far as his abusive ways with the language, I'm hoping Tony Blair will pull him aside and coach him a bit. Blair is a first rate orator on par with Churchill and Reagan, a couple of the best leader/communicators.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow Thomas Crowne, you obviously care less for reading and more for throwing opinions around.

Blair could learn from Bush in the information department, nothing can help Bush's speech problems, it is in the brain.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah? Your mother was a hmaster and your father smelt of elderberry!
How's that for communication?

Anyway, you are about the only one that I know that holds that OPINION.

And as a matter of fact, I do care about reading, pal.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Furthermore, I believe the word you are looking for is dyslexia, or at least that is what I've heard. That would explain why the Shrub has difficulty in planned, teleprompted speeches and does much better off the cuff.

Still, he is not as eloquent as Blair.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard

With all due respect, Bush had a D average all through high school, and although this is old news, he skirted through College thanks in part to the fact that his father was an alumnus and part of the faculty at that point.

Also, I feel it should be mentioned that Bush never showed up for his Texas Air National Guard duties, you can find a veteran's page here : www.awolbush.com/ that has actual military documents proving he was nothing more then a coward who got out of the draft.

Please ask your sister, Ms. "Via", to do her research before posting false information to the internet.

[Edited on 28-3-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ok kai-raega i'm not going to go tell my cousin to research her stuff before posting something on my FAMILY website....sheesh....
so just b/c he didnt show up means that he's a moron? that IS the name of my topic....

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard.

He got a 600 on his SAT's. The only reason that he got into Yale is because of his father and Skull& Bones

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

He got a 600 on his SAT's. The only reason that he got into Yale is because of his father and Skull& Bones

Prove it. Rense's site, by the way, doesn't count as proof.

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
See there? That's the way to do it. You gives some information and back it up with a non-Rense website.

Thanks Bella, as usual, you set the example.

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was still right, in fact I gave him the benfit of the doubt by saying 600

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
LOL!!
So, you doubt whether GWB is the leader we need?

I understand the sentiment. Hard to tell who is the good guy and the bad guy in times like these. That's why I refer to him as the Shrub, his Father being the Bush.

Glad to see you around here, from where do you hail?

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
thanx for the info bellatrix, i dont even know what to compare that to b/c i never took the sat test, i took the ACT test ......what's the highest SAT score anyway? by the way ya'll are doggin' bush, his must be pretty low. anyway, the 2000 election is the year i actually turned 18, so i did vote, but it wasnt for bush. Since I'm in FL, it sucked when they did that b.s. about the ballots, so i feel like my vote DIDNT EVEN COUNT!! oh well.......

AF1

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Um, they were talking about his VERBAL SAT score. He got a 560 on that part, not including his MATH score.

Hell I got a 590 on my verbal, and a 610 on my math and I'm not to smart.

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
well I don't think Gore would of did any better in the situation were in. He probably would of waited for more support from the international community.. .. Bush was a straight gun hoe cowboy that said f**k the U.N.

That's probably why the russians are selling the Iraqi's weapons. They didn't forget how we helped fund bin laden when they were at war with the Afgan's

top topics

<<   2 >>

join