It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear EvolEric,

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Christians are mocked because they believe a book which has zero historical proof that it's contents are "real" or historically correct. They are also mocked because they refuse to do even one minutes worth of research to question their blind faith. Point 1.

It is Prophet.. not profit. One is a spiritual person, the other is related to money. Point 2.

Regards,
T
edit on 20-5-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

If you knew anything about the events discussed in the Bible, you would know it as more than" zero historical proof".

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm kinda seeing the irony of this and hope some people do as well.

Regular Christians hate being seen as those other extremist Christians.

Regular Muslims hate being seen as those other extremist Muslims.

Well wadda ya know! You guys got something in common for once!

Like the old saying goes, "A few bad apples, spoil the bunch."

This is not meant to be a tongue in cheek or intended to offend people, just wanted to make people go hmmmm...

For those who I might have offended ... you'll get over it.
edit on 20-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jaxnmarko

There is the Father... there is the son... and the holy ghost or spirit

From what i gather and have been taught Jesus is separate from God...

God is the supreme being in the bible...

so any others would not be as superior

ok .. here we go ..

The Trinity is based off this scripture and a few more..(if off topic, I apologize).

Mark 1:9,10 (New International Version)

The Baptism and Testing of Jesus
9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”.”

Jesus was there, God Spoke and the Holy Spirit descended.......all 3 at the same time were present at one time..

The Trinity is like water, each have a separate form and each form has a separate function..

H2O..comes in 3 forms, Solid, liquid & Vapor (gas)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just can't wait till this falls flat and they have to come up with an excuse. Wonder what it's gonna be ? Hmmm...Oh, here's a good one. The rapture didn't happen cause they're idiots that are being led by a religious nut.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
just want to make a note saying that what I've read and what is being said on MSM are 2 differnt things..

Harold is saying ...." there will be a major earthquake and the judgement will begin.. "

MSM is saying ...."the rapture is going to happen and the world is going to end.."

2 MAJORLY different events.. If there is a major EQ in the USA or world tomorrow .. like a 10.0 or higher (if poss) then I might consider the judgement might be beging..

BUT the 'catching away of the saints' is entirely something else due to the fact that the christians that have gone before are going to risen first..
edit on 20-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

There are several passages indicating God and Jesus are not one. Jesus says Heaven is God's house and God sent His begotten son to die for us.. Jesus was resurrected back to Heaven to be trained by God to rule this earth the same way God rules in Heaven, as His inheritance just as we here on earth give our children inheritances so Earth was made for man and Jesus was sent to rule here born of a woman just as the rest of us were. Earth is Jesus domain to rule given by God to rule over man.. Our JUST KING as told in the Old testament scriptures. From the line of David just as it is written.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What if the rapture was just mass alien abduction?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oceanbreeze21
reply to post by kalunom

With all due respect, my Bible (Genesis 1:26) says, "And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Emphasis is placed on "our" of course.

God being the only thing in existence before he made us, maybe he was going a little crazy and talked to himself a lot

"Let Us Make Man in Our Image"......(looks to the left)...."what do you think?"

(looks to the right) "I think that's a good idea!"

So much for my rapture tomorrow......damn!

l creat

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You saying the Rapture is NOT going to happen makes you just as much of a false prophet as Harold. You can't say for sure it won't happen tomorrow just because someone says it WILL happen tomorrow. And stop quoting bible scripture as being literal unless you're going to take EVERY scripture as literal. Which means you better start killing your kids if they talk back to you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jman449

I'm pretty sure the gods in the abrahamic religions were aliens and that the rapture just means they will come back to earth either to say hello or to kill us all and steal our planet.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

But bottom line is you are all still banking on an apocalypse to happen eventually.

If it does not come, it means that the religion was wrong and so were you folks.

See what I'm getting at? With that said, you are all basically looking forward to it because if it comes, it validates your religion.

I think it's sick, to be honest.
edit on 5/20/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by terilynn
The rapture is a lie dreamed up by Satan to turn believers against God... He is a tricky little Devil and has fooled many with this lie. He is figuring when the people are left behind they will turn on God and if you think about it he is probably right that the faith of many will be lost.

It's interesting that Satan is given so much credit for being tricky and planting lies, but not tricky enough to think to to have the very book used to define the faith modified to suit his objectives.

I'm seeing a lotta planks flying around putting splinters in eyes.

We simply don't know for sure what will or *won't* happen today, tomorrow, or any other day.

Namaste.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not entirely true... People do dream about them. For instance, when 9/11 happened, a lot of people said that they had a weird vision,feeling or dream about it before it happened. I have them too but as I stated in another thread, they are usually meaningless and stupid stuff. By the way, God didn't write the book with his magic hands. People like you and me did. But your going to believe them because God told you to have faith they wrote it from Gods words? I dont get it.. I respect you religious people, especially since I grew up 13 years in church and my father is a youth group pastor but I just don't get involved with the obsessions, judgment and cruelty of religion. I've seen it all firsthand. I believe something is there, some higher..thing or energy but not something that hears you pray "Thank you for my new car I won even though a homeless person needs it more than me" Happens all the time, not everyone, but there are some.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

Jesus was not a Jew and decided to not go near the Jews because he knew they would kill him.
Jesus actually hated Judaism.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Except the nut job buddhists that set themselves on fire. Learn about your own religion before trashing others.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

My heart goes out to all those that will ultimately be disappointed on saturday. To take a persons faith and twist it just to justify your own personal interpretation is not only wrong but inherently evil.
reply to post by beezzer

I couldn't agree more with this statement, Im not religious myself, but feel extremely sorry for those individuals who have invested so much of their emotions into this facade There is nothing worse than seeing peoples beliefs being taken advantage of. the best we can hope, is the followers learn a valuable lesson.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I never payed attention to this anyhoo .. it' sounded too much like a fake fad .. why people keep on with this stuff I have no Idea???

Especially something of that magnitude and to drag the Myan Culture in it too??? dont make alot of sense!!!

Unless you know a elder from a tribe who has actually told anyone of his personal visions I would still say that I highly doubt whether it would be spread like this was ..

Our visions an prophecys are private .. they wernt meant for the world to know .. but there are some that have been out on youtube ....and those that have no one seems to care anyways ..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
You all believe in fairy tales regardless of the end date.

And don't be upset at that, I mean it in an empathetic way.

I'm kidding...well sort of.

The bible has it's end times, just because your god did not give a day makes him a true prophet?

There is no such thing as a true prophet, they are all liars. Why believ someone because they say they know something? The bible was written way after Christ by people who did not even know the guy.

I don't just hate this "false prophet" nor do I just hate Christianity, I hate any form of religion that oppresses their people from learning for themselves. And that's what all religion does. God did this, and god did that.

Sometimes the best thing about life is knowing that it means nothing.

Pred...

I wouldn't go so far as to call them all liars,just misguided and confused.

Maybe there are those out there who don't believe in organized religion,but would still think you are confused and misguided for thinking that life means "nothing".

Maybe we all need to learn to just let others believe what they want,if its not directly threatening us or those we love.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
I never payed attention to this anyhoo .. it' sounded too much like a fake fad .. why people keep on with this stuff I have no Idea???

Especially something of that magnitude and to drag the Myan Culture in it too??? dont make alot of sense!!!

Unless you know a elder from a tribe who has actually told anyone of his personal visions I would still say that I highly doubt whether it would be spread like this was ..

Our visions an prophecys are private .. they wernt meant for the world to know .. but there are some that have been out on youtube ....and those that have no one seems to care anyways ..

I find it rather amusing that you can put down others prohecies,but yet you stand behind an elder from a tribe ,who has personal visions?

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think that is hard for people to take, but yes, our lives mean nothing. We are on earth for a very short amount of time, a tiny little spec in time itself, in 200 years if you have accomplished nothing, as in changing humanity or something of the like, you will be forgotten. You may have a few people that care about your family tree, but that's the extent. In 1000 years, if humans are still around, unless you have done something drastic you will be forgotten. In 10,000 years nothing will be known of us, maybe some scattered objects, perhaps some writing, but that's even doubtful. So yes, in the scheme of things our individual lives mean nothing.

That is why people grasp at religion so bad because it makes them feel special. There is the guy that cares about you, would do anything for you and loves you unconditionally. It's our self centeredness being fulfilled, we all want to think we are special, and religion is a way of believing so.

Religion, all of them affect this world negatively in many ways. They push their crazy beliefs on non believers lives, in school and in government. Our schools are being overrun with creationist beliefs and even when you fight the idea of that, your dealing with creationist school boards. People that think evolution is a myth, to me, shows how ignorant they truly are.

For some reason we can question ideas in lives, that is what helps us advance, but, for some reason religious people think that they shouldn't be questioned, because the idea of a white man in the sky is perfectly acceptable.

I have zero tolerance for religion and think most religious people are ignorant. Christians at the moment are supporting child molestations and raping of women. That's hurting someone. They should be shut down, religion should be abolished, it is a mere shadow of it's former self, and although people will say it teaches positive ideals, god kills 2 million people in the bible, and the creation story itself is showing that god is against people having knowledge. The devil, you know that bad guy, is the one who told Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, yet he gets the bad wrap. Also, the devil only killed 5 people in the bible.

5 versus 2 million. God sounds like a great guy.

Pred...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join