It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: U.S. May Try to Occupy Pakistan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by CayceFan

Well then your name is uberretardo isnt it then? You don't act like you know anything beyond youtube.

By now you guys need to recognize this is a troll.

Internet Troll

His only reason to keep posting insults is to keep stirring the pot.

Ignore the gas bag and only converse with ppl that post something intelligent
and do not resort to name calling, aka Ad hominem attacks.

The more you feed the troll the more energy it has for trolling,
starve the troll and it looks for food elsewhere.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well folks, not sure I know what to even say on this. But if Ron's intuitions are correct, and the US tries this stupidity, amongst all the others, how could an invasion of Pakistan POSSIBLY end well?

Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

I repeat. Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

Thanks for repeating your that, because we really weren't sure Pakistan had nukes. Your repeating of it though has cleared that up.

But in all seriousness, big deal what they have? The US has the capability to destroy their weapons before they even have a chance to move them let alone launch them. And Pakistan does not have ICBM's. They are only a threat would be the immediate region. Unless they give a nuke to a terrorist. Or try sneak them into the US in shipping containers. But even then, these guys wouldn't be able to contain their excitement about nuking the USA long enough to keep their chatter to a minimum, thus the US and allies would be alerted and able to thwart it. Sorry, but since 9/11 the chance of an attack in the US is minimal. Regardless of who the USA invades next.
And as we have seen, those who try, are caught and thwarted quickly.

It's not a foregone conclusion that the US will invade Pakistan. But with the killing of Osama in Pakistan, under Pakistans nose, the fact he was being hidden amongst top military and intelligence officials in Pakistan, has increased the chances of a conflict between the two countries.
Throw that on top of the fact Pakistan has been harboring the insurgents from Afghanistan. The fact that they were allowed to regroup in Pakistan, and cause the US casualties.
Pakistan is not an ally. No muslim country is an ally, they simply cant be because our ideology and theirs clash. We can only hold on to a few muslim countries with corrupt dictator and royal family's for so long.

The most interesting aspect of

Which is why I honestly believe that Ron, bless his heart, this time is wrong. The US has never attacked a country with nuclear weapons that I can recall, because frankly it knows better.

The US is attacking Pakistan on a daily basis.
US drones are launched daily over Pakistan's skies and are killing dozens of people all the time.
US choppers are also often crossing over into Pakistan and conducting raids against taliban/al qaeda.
The other day Pakistani troops opened fire on US choppers. The US choppers fired back.
Technically there is a state of war that exists. Nobody has declared war yet, and no massive buildups or attacks have happened yet. But with relations detereorating all the time, it could be a matter of time.

And if you think the US cares that Pakistan has nukes, think again. The above should be a good indication that they don't. Besides that, the US is more then likely to have special forces teams that have trained to move in to Pakistan quickly and secure the nukes, or disable them permanently, or make them safe to be destroyed by explosives.
Pakistan's nukes would not be an issue for long if war was inevitable.

The raid to get Bin Laden was, and is questionable in itself. I still don't even believe it. But a ground invasion?

:shk:

Good luck with that.

Nope. Ronny, I think it just can't be. But would it be surprising? Not really. The stupidity of the US government knows no boundaries other than countries that HAVE nuclear weapons. The buck stops there.

The US never attacked the USSR/Russia directly because it would spark MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction. It would spark a chain of events that are not in America's interests.
You can not compare the USSR to a sh** hole third world banana republic like Pakistan. It's two totally different scenarios.

But Ron is correct I believe on the rest of what he said. The policies in Pakistan have divided the populace and caused intense "blowback" already. And I believe he is right in that the US should have worked with the Pakistani government instead to get Bin Laden and have him arrested.

Work with the Pakistani government? Oh you mean the Pakistani government that aided and hid him?
The Pakistani government that allowed Bin Laden, and continues to allow other terrorists and the Taliban to take refuge within it's borders?

Pakistan can not be trusted. Pakistan is not an ally.
You do realize they have in the past used wreckage of an American missile to develop their own cruise missile, and also gave that wreckage to the Chinese who then developed one too?
You do realize the Chinese have probably already inspected the remains of the crashed helicopter, and have probably already begun designing their own stealth helicopter?

Working with the Pakistani government is what has created the mess over there.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
do people on here really believe the stuff they are saying???

do you REALLY think the usa govt gives a crap that they have some old low tech nukes that have no range??

bottom line even if paki wanted to they cant nuke us with a conventional nuke

maybe if they smuggle one over here, but anyone can do that, we dont need to invade someone to have that worry

USA doesnt care about that area, if they can nuke the place, get rid of the problems they can extract what they want much easier, even if they have to use bio suits or whatever they need to do so, its cheaper then rebuilding infrastructure and everything we are doing now

and people talk about our troops in the area who could get nuked

lets be even more honest, the govt uses them as pawns, if they are nuked, its just one less group the usa has to pay

dont hate the messenger

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Which is why I honestly believe that Ron, bless his heart, this time is wrong. The US has never attacked a country with nuclear weapons that I can recall, because frankly it knows better.

The raid to get Bin Laden was, and is questionable in itself. I still don't even believe it. But a ground invasion?

:shk:

Yes, but it could be more risky for Pakistan to retaliate. Pakistan knows its much smaller supply of nukes could be blocked by anti-nuclear missiles while the US retialiates and blows up the whole country to a big crater of nothing.

Risky for the US, but the US will make that its mission, to "neutralize" a Muslim country with nuclear weapons. To stop the Taliban and/or Al-Qaeda from taking over Pakistan, blah blah blah....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I highly doubt the US would want to openly mess with Pakistan, (I wouldnt be surprised if they did either). A ticked off ISI screwing things up in the ongoing Afghanistan campaign is the last thing the US would want.
The US is heavily dependant on the Pakistanis to get supplies into Afghanistan. You can't be stuck in Afghanistan AND mess with an ally in that region at the same time.
Then theres also Pakistani nuclear capability that makes a lot of difference. It will not be like Afghanistan or Iraq.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When ron paul is wrong.. its okay.
When obama is wrong... he's a communist, marxist, and a racist...

wowwww

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Pakistan deserves to be invaded, when we took it upon ourselves to fight terrorism we said we would attack those who harbor the terrorists and guess what? Pakistan needs to be taught a lesson. This would solidify our strategic positioning in the Middle East for an all out attack on Iran. After these events come to pass I foresee an era of peace and the United States of America still being the unrivaled military superpower of the world. Bring it on China, make your move.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyWarbucks

But why would you want another war just to show whos boss? You really want to go through the process of invasion-occupation-facing tough resistance all over again?

As for china, what makes you think they would allow the US suck them into an American war (Afghanistan/Pakistan)?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thread is FALSE advertisement. But then again it was announced that even the MSM can falsify story's, evidence and even the tone of which they are presented. Meaning. "I could say; The world will not end on the 21st. The die hard religionist got his mathematical equation squashed by reality, yet again.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Our relationship with Pakistan is rocky at best, and I hope Ron Paul is wrong on this one. I do not think the government is stupid enough to try to invade Pakistan, because like the OP mentioned, they have nuclear weapons. Whether they would use them or not is, for me, doubtful although I don't want to underestimate the stupidity of any government, especially a semi-fanatical one such as Pakistan.

As for the whole bin Laden raid, it was awfully ridiculous that the US basically illegally entered a foreign country without permission, and they should have known it would be the equivalent of poking a hornets' nest with a stick.
I can understand why they didn't alert the Pakistani government though...Their government is very corrupt, and despite the claim that they did not know bin Laden was living down the street from a military academy, I would bet that they did. So if the US informed them, there was a good chance that the word may have gotten to bin Laden in time for him to escape.

By the way, did anyone see the special on tv last week called "Killing bin Laden?" I think it was on the Discovery channel, not sure, but it talked about the recent raid and all that. It confirmed that the Seals were carried in on a secret stealth helicopter, and it even showed pictures. It discussed how the chopper crashed, among other things, and went into great detail. I am about to search as I am sure there is a thread on it already.

Nice thread op! SF

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if the US were to invade Pakistan, there would be the potential of nuclear war. Some have stated in this thread already that that may be the purpose of an invasion of Pakistan: to lead to nuclear war. Couple this with the conspiracy theory of population reduction (which I don't buy). Now, I can sympathize with the hypothetical outlook that any "population reduction activists" may have, if they exist. The idea is that humanity is overpopulating the planet and we really need to cut back on consumption of resources. What if you were in the upper ranks of world leaders and discovered that Earth would become uninhabitable or humans would go extinct by X date at current consumption levels? What if the only solution was to kill off a large chunk of the human population in order to secure the future of human survival? I can't say I disagree with the intention, but the means is appalling. Just an idea. Thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
People here aren't aware of Pakistan's conventional capabilities, let alone their nuclear capabilities. They're not as powerful as the US, but on their home soil they will probably win the war. India has attacked them many times with air-forces, militaries etc. 10 times bigger but has been defeated every time. Pakistan is no joke.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Great.. So now the UK is gonna get nuked as well? There's more of them here than in Pakistan!

On a serious note though.. I think it would be a disaster if it happened.. They may have biblical customs and are a bit dodgy when it comes to supporting the Taliban etc.. BUT THEY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS..

The only way I could see it happening is another flashpoint (probably caused intentionally) in Kashmir between Pakistan and India and it would be a joint US/Indian invasion of Pakistan.

Not good though..... And no more curries..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Pakistan's weapons would be unable to reach the US. They might nuke India though and then Pakistan would cease to exist. I honestly would not be surprised to see Kabul or other places in Afghanistan go up too. It would still end the same way, with Pakistan being made an example.

I'm sure we have plans to deploy systems to protect India though. They may not stop all of the warheads, but they will stop most.

If we go into Pakistan it will be a joint operation with India. Something they tried to do in November 2001. We were too stupid at the time to realize India was right all along.
edit on 18/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: m

No not india who will i call to pay the cc bill or if i need tech support if that happens . just kidding i am sure they are nice people

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This does my head in, you Americans go through so much Pro America propaganda, everyday its America this America that. Most people in your country think your untouchable. everything you watch on telly everything you learn in schools, its all propaganda.

So when your poor brainwashed soldiers are sent to war, most of you brainwashed citizens wont mind as much, you have no fear. That's whats going to be your downfall, mark my words

I'm not anti-American or nothing at all, but its plain to see when your outside the US.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't think this is going to happen. There's no reason for the U.S. to invade Pakistan at all. They're an important "ally" that the U.S. needs as part of its strategy to keep its hand in the oil rich Middle Eastern region. If not finding "Bin Laden" is supposed to be the reason for the war, other nations have gotten away with far more than that.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Hastings101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Can imagine it but doubt it will happen, occupying Pakistan would seriously hurt relations with the Arab world and China. Then again, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, why not go ahead and invade Pakistan.

A news article reporting about China delivering 50 JF17's to Pakistan to replace older jets got me thinking. Maybe they are just fed up with US military crossing their borders. Or are they preparing for conflict.

Too bad the US government spend so much trying to win Pakistan over, US invested a lot in Pakistan and what does it do, instead of improving the economy they improve their military by buying fighter jets from China... not good ol' F16's or other US planes, no, they chose Chinese planes. Maybe if the soft way doesn't seem to be working the US might try the hard way?

www.nytimes.com...
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 20/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If this scenario has been discussed before, please ignore.

Its interesting how the current situation in Pakistan is following the construction pattern of the TAPI natural gas pipeline. It consists of a massive project that will send natural gas from reserves in Turkmenistan through Afghanistan through Pakistan to India (TAPI). Several nations hold a stake in every aspect of the project (Israel holds a large stake). TPTB are using MSM to nurture public support (not that they need it regardless) for "occupation" in Pakistan. It would only make sense once the project in Pakistan is complete, TPTB create issue in India for public support of NATO and US military provide security to see the project complete. The "War on Terror" will be lost on the MSM backburners when this project is completed, or until NATO and the US military receives more work.

edit on 20-5-2011 by XxOrganicVegxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by XxOrganicVegxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by little_green_man

People here aren't aware of Pakistan's conventional capabilities, let alone their nuclear capabilities. They're not as powerful as the US, but on their home soil they will probably win the war. India has attacked them many times with air-forces, militaries etc. 10 times bigger but has been defeated every time. Pakistan is no joke.

You are kidding right?
Pakistan has lost every single war with India.

try running a search on google

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The majority of the time, Ron Paul is correct when he opens his mouth on issues that are of major proportions. I would be surprised if he is wrong on this call.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join