It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS The Time Is NOW! STOP THE FEAR!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Awareness10, first thanks for coming by and checking out the thread. I hope it had some positive effect on you. This was the point of it in the first place.

I would like to start by saying that even this thread is words that I had put together from reading other words. A big ball of light gave me a kick start to go on this quest.

This is what most of us have to work with, words, and a natural deep seeded questioning of our existence. Sometimes we might be thrown nuggets of knowledge that hit us in just the right place that just rings our psyche to our core. This is when our nous, knowledge, intuitions kick in.

The videos on the other thread were done obviously by a studier of the Hermetic school of thought. While the words, even for me at times, seem to give us the "answers", do they really?

The only real answers are inside of yourself, your faith in other words.

We can search and search for "the answer" but it can be a thing that could take the rest of our lives reading about.

I also REALLY believe that no Operation or science will prove these things to us. This is a fools journey.

One of my favorite quotes supposedly by Socrate's, who some say was a disciple of Hermes himself.

Socrates left no writing of his own, but his disciple Plato, left these words for us in reference to his teacher.

"I know that I know nothing".

In Apology, Plato relates that:

[1] […] οὖτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴμαι — This man, on one hand, believes that he knows something, while not knowing [anything]. On the other hand, I - equally ignorant - do not believe [that I know anything].

The impreciseness of the paraphrase of this as "I know that I know nothing" stems from the fact that the author is not saying that he does not know anything but means instead that one cannot know anything with absolute certainty but can feel confident about certain things.[2] This may be better exemplified in another translation, that is perhaps more correct, "I am only wise insofar as what I don't know, I don't think I know"

Here is another quote from Plato:

* False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

o Phædo 91

* In every one of us there are two ruling and directing principles, whose guidance we follow wherever they may lead; the one being an innate desire of pleasure; the other, an acquired judgment which aspires after excellence.

So with that, It always keeps me in check.

Go with your faith and nothing more and the answers will come to you.

I am guilty myself of thinking I know too much at times too.

Thanks to the Wise person who keeps opening my eyes.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gwah!

TW, regarding your attunement posts and related follow-ups by others; well, hot damn a-mighty, if it doesn't strike a high green chord. For the past week, I've been cultivating plants, glad-handing with the Green.

"When the heart's nature is cultivated, the Great Way opens."

-Monkey

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09b3139283b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Okay, I'm a comic nerd. I saw the new X-Men film last night, and Gawd help me, had multiple goose-bump episodes. Anyway, there was a preview of the "Green Lantern" film.

I've always thought the GL was a bit twee and lame. Not like, Green Arrow lame, or this poor bastard:

Matter Eater Lad
Matter Eater Lad should at least get the award for the worst superhero name in comic history. Matter Eater Lad was a character from Legion of the Superheroes. Now in the 1960s the writers at DC comics were always looking for new and strange powers for their quickly growing cast of teenage futuristic heroes. However, though it seemed like they’d hit their all time low with Bouncing Boy, it turned out they could sink even lower with Matter Eater Lad. Get this – Matter Eater Lad’s power was the ability to eat through any substance. Yup. The power of “super eating”. It kind of worked like this: you needed to get through a steel door you got Matter Eater Lad to “eat” it. Dig? However Matter Eater Lad wasn’t into cannibalism so he never actually chowed down on any bad guys. Mind you, I think cannibalism was against the comic code act back then.

I just wouldn't go out of my way to read it, that's all.

The film? I will sell my eyelashes to see it.

Will vs. Fear.

Check it out. You'll maybe experience the same admixture of vague embarrassment and shocked glee I did.

FITO, there's a sweet bit of modern legend for you.

Oh, and is discussion of the subject matter of Frater210's ********** thread on an unrelated thread, even if it be to reference the ********** thread, in violation of the spirit if is not the letter in terms of system starvation?

edit on 5-6-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

That Green Lantern Trailer........

I think I might have to see that one!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by awareness10

The only real answers are inside of yourself, your faith in other words.

We can search and search for "the answer" but it can be a thing that could take the rest of our lives reading about.

I also REALLY believe that no Operation or science will prove these things to us. This is a fools journey.

One of my favorite quotes supposedly by Socrate's, who some say was a disciple of Hermes himself.

Socrates left no writing of his own, but his disciple Plato, left these words for us in reference to his teacher.

"I know that I know nothing".

Go with your faith and nothing more and the answers will come to you.

I am guilty myself of thinking I know too much at times too.

Thanks to the Wise person who keeps opening my eyes.

With this post we should all raise our glasses imbibe the beverage of choice and relax.

This is the beginning and the end of all human knowledge.

I generally quote Descartes as he came to the same conclusion some years later. (Then subsequently took it back for political reasons, I suppose a glass of poison wasn't his cup of tea?)

"I think therefore I am" same thing.

The reason this doesn't stick? It spoils a lot of the fun!

To me once you understand, nay "Grok" (look it up) this concept life turns into what it is supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

IMO Descartes was bought and paid for. Part of the reason we are where we are today.

See my VMS thread for that one.

I thought I would lose all you guy's on that post.

It is true though, this is why I don't play with Magick, there will be a price to be paid for it.

I have a fascination with reading about it, but trying to actually do it, no. Not needed.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Speaking of attunement, I just made a new thread on frequency .

Mosey on by, if you're inclined.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

IMO Descartes was bought and paid for. Part of the reason we are where we are today.

True but if you read his logic and watch between the lines he truly understood what is going on. You just need to watch his conclusions, where his logical leaps are seemingly without logic is where you can easily take his arguments and decipher what he is really saying. Again; another reason secret societies were secret. Those who really understood never came out and said it, they often said the opposite of where their logic was heading allowing only the astute to really get something out of their words.

See my VMS thread for that one.

I don't know what a VMS is but if I did I would look.

I thought I would lose all you guy's on that post.

It is true though, this is why I don't play with Magick, there will be a price to be paid for it.

I have a fascination with reading about it, but trying to actually do it, no. Not needed.

I've never quite understood this logic. I do understand that being careful is important. But it is important in everything. Regardless of when where or why every action has a reaction, consequence, or price if you will.

This means that in effecting that which we can't see we will prices exactly the same as we would with that which we can see. As above so below...

The trick, as with anything is understanding the price if any action no matter where it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Frater210

This is starting to be a bit much. I'm with you Frater210.

When I first started this thread, it was right about the time that this one took off. There is a thread started about Edgar Mitchell with right now 200 flags. here....www.abovetopsecret.com...........Well in this interview. He talks about the ufo's and such as usual and goes on and on but then he says, about how science is where it is today, Very serious like....'Listen to this closely, (reaffirms his seriousness again), "There was a philosopher in the time of the reformation of the Catholic church, Rene Descarte. He convinced the church to let him continue scientific explorations, under strict rule that all future academia would separate mind, body and soul from any further study." quoted to the best of my memory, its been a few days. (spoiler alert, he talks for 35 of the 45 minute interview before he even mentions any good stuff)

Well Rene has been popping up all over the place during my journeys studying this manuscript . Almost every Wiki Page I have linked through this thread, he is in. Go back and look if you wish.

The timing of these two releases are no mere coincidence, IMHO.

Rene Descartes separated the mind, body and soul from science under the Popes in this thread at Villa Mondragone.

And Edgar Mitchell puts the mind body and soul back into the science. He stated he had an Epiphany moment returning from walking on the moon. I have read that he conducted psychic experiments on the way back.

He has devoted his entire post NASA life putting the Psi. back into science.

Edgar Mitchell - Ions' - Instute of Noetic Sciences

I have known about the Ions institute before this, but again I think the release of the manuscript and his interview are no coincidence.

WTF?

I'll leave, for now, I keep coming back to this creepy thread, with this. Swami, we have thoroughly creeped each other out.

Pope Gregory XIII the dragons tomb.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65e58616c08d.jpg[/atsimg]

Mars - The Dragon They preyed to. Look closely at his helmet , who the dragons are cowering from and the sperm like creature crawling up the (left side of pic) on his cape. coming from the ground none the less.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c608538398dc.jpg[/atsimg]

And from the homunculus Wiki.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d29330ad1c96.gif[/atsimg]

and yeah, some dizziness too....

Voynich Manuscript Thread

At this point right here with Frater is where my life took a turn into all of this. The catalyst that brought me to Hermes.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

But the reason which leads many to persuade them selves that there is a difficulty in knowing this truth, and even also in knowing what their mind really is, is that they never raise their thoughts above sensible objects, and are so accustomed to consider nothing except by way of imagination, which is a mode of thinking limited to material objects, that all that is not imaginable seems to them not intelligible. The truth of this is sufficiently manifest from the single circumstance, that the philosophers of the schools accept as a maxim that there is nothing in the understanding which was not previously in the senses, in which however it is certain that the ideas of God and of the soul have never been; and it appears to me that they who make use of their imagination to comprehend these ideas do exactly the some thing as if, in order to hear sounds or smell odors, they strove to avail themselves of their eyes; unless indeed that there is this difference, that the sense of sight does not afford us an inferior assurance to those of smell or hearing; in place of which, neither our imagination nor our senses can give us assurance of anything unless our understanding intervene.

Discourse on the Method Chapter 4

Do not discount Descartes. I can pull out many of these without looking too hard. What he has cleverly done above (in my opinion) is not to show that God exists as he states both clearly and weakly, but in the subtext he is showing us the distinct difference between imagining, or making up, that which we see on the other side and in our dreams and that which is real yet is not perceived by our known senses. To me he is suggesting a 6th sense.

Of course due to the climate at the time of his work he had to disguise what he was saying.

"Cogito Ergo Sum" is Descartes base assumption. It is not the end result. It is after the first paragraph in chapter four of the Discourse on the Method that he at the same time gets very weak in his open arguments and his subtext becomes one of the greatest pieces of human understanding of all time.

Just for S&Gs lets look at the last paragraph of the Discourse on the Method (Chapter 6 can be found free on above link)

n conclusion, I am unwilling here to say anything very specific of the progress which I expect to make for the future in the sciences, or to bind myself to the public by any promise which I am not certain of being able to fulfill; but this only will I say, that I have resolved to devote what time I may still have to live to no other occupation than that of endeavoring to acquire some knowledge of Nature, which shall be of such a kind as to enable us therefrom to deduce rules in medicine of greater certainty than those at present in use; and that my inclination is so much opposed to all other pursuits, especially to such as cannot be useful to some without being hurtful to others, that if, by any circumstances, I had been constrained to engage in such, I do not believe that I should have been able to succeed. Of this I here make a public declaration, though well aware that it cannot serve to procure for me any consideration in the world, which, however, I do not in the least affect; and I shall always hold myself more obliged to those through whose favor I am permitted to enjoy my retirement without interruption than to any who might offer me the highest earthly preferments.

Note in particular in bold above...

I'm pretty sure this is an individual who understood more than he let on. I think he understood that God is Nature.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That was not directed at you JL. Just all of it in general.

I think he understood that God is Nature.

Do you think that he, or you or me really has it figured out?

I don't. I also think that the whole practicing of procedures is discounting ones faith of what IS and that doing it is stating that you do not know, and you must have control over that.

To each their own. It is not for me.

edit on 5-6-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Do you think that he, or you or me really has it figured out?

I don't. I also think that the whole practicing of procedures is discounting ones faith of what IS and that doing it is stating that you do not know, and you must have control over that.

To each their own. It is not for me.

edit on 5-6-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

I think you have it all figured out and your holding back! Come on tell us!

Of course nobody has it all figured out and anyone who has is wrong. Some say this quote from Douglas Adams is just humor... well I think it is actually how it is (and happens to be funny because the universe will never cease to provide endless humor for us should we look for it:

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

While were on the subject of quoting people smarter than Descartes

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Also Douglas Adams

And finally one you'd never expect...

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

George Carlin ... Also smarter than Descartes...

Who has it all figured out? See the first quote.

The bold part from you confused me by the way, I couldn't even figure that out! ha haa

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 7-6-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Quite the interesting thread here!

I like it though. I think many things are changing in the world. But, thats just because of the eyes in my head.

I am sure that attitudes such as this, truly felt, can change the world for the better. It just makes sense.

I am strictly scientific, so its hard for me to get out of that (as in it wont happen!), but it seems like many are moving in this direction. By many, of course, i mean "more than none." Though, I do feel all things have a process, and there is a great likelihood we can observe and measure that process. So, I will always be looking to do that.

It will be interesting to see the results if something like this catches on. You can count me in.

No more fear.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Fear... I learned something about that today.

Hey you, that dream about taking something away at Disney Land that was bad for two people. You were right!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Howdy TW,

Wow, funny how I was thinking about how ATS is been gripped with fear lately, because of all the doomy gloomy stuff going on.

And what do you know, this thread is right up there on my subscribed list when I checked in this morning...wow

Well, it's time we start restoring some good vibes here... I'm diffidently providing a link back here on signature...

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks IP. That's a touching thing you did there. You just gave me some good vibes!! Thanks.

That's how the Noosphere works I guess.

edit on 8-8-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Oh how I wish every thread promoted this love and light instead of doom and gloom and fear. I have just come out of a suicide thread where I really felt as I was the only one promoting love and not fear. I felt as though my light was the only one shining. I would give anything of myself to help someone facing fear.

This thread is one that many times over I could read and say...I LOVE YOU over and over again to many because their light (your light) is radiating throughout a spirit that reads such wisdom.

For thousands of years we have lived in a mystical sense. Some of us hold dear that sense....others deny the feeling or maybe they just do not accept the love. Either way....we must all either change our way of thinking....fight for ones self...fight for others with the Light of Love. Feel energy as you are but if it is not a positive one....change it. YOU HAVE THE POWER!!!!!

DO not drain others, for this is not love for your self nor is it love for your brother/sister. This is fear!

If we could all just KNOW we do not have to worship a deity. We have to worship the LOVE that we find in creation ...we have to love one another as our self. We have to give the power of negativity to a song or a book within self as to not to harm others light. Place the negativity in a jar and seal it up....it is not needed or wanted in this realm of love.

LOVE and shine your light my brothers and sisters. This is a deed that is hard but those of us who can fight the fight will win the battle of love over fear.

I am right beside you my friend.

I thank you so much for this thread and I hope all who come will contribute the light and wisdom we desire.

Peace and love to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join